Round 4: Changes v Pussy Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know if there will be any training in Adelaide over the next few days? Kids are keen as for some autographs.

I’ll also add, pretty sure we are undefeated against the cats in Adelaide, so the omens are good 👍

Conversely Josh Schache did a number on Aliir in the 2021 PF. Aliir is not as good as Stewart but the blueprint of using a lesser player than Naughton is there
I’m none the wiser. We’ve got about 40 on our list who are lesser players than Naughton.

This might be a stretch, but I'd love to surprise my wife and two kids by taking them to Adelaide this week for Gather Round. I obviously don't have tickets but I've read a few posts in this thread in relation to possible options.

In the event that someone here can assist me in establishing contact with someone in a position to sell me four tickets, I'd be very appreciative.

Anyone know if there will be any training in Adelaide over the next few days? Kids are keen as for some autographs.

I’ll also add, pretty sure we are undefeated against the cats in Adelaide, so the omens are good 👍

Does anyone know if we’re doing a captains run in Adelaide on Friday?

Friday, April 5

Western Bulldogs fans in town for Gather Round are invited to come along to Woodville-West Torrens Football Club for our Captain’s Run with giveaways, player signings, spot prizes, membership and the latest Bulldogs merchandise on sale.

Captain's Run

1-2pm (local time)
Woodville-West Torrens Football Club
33-39 Oval Avenue, Woodville South SA 5011

Snap and sign session

Stick around for boundary snap and sign session with players at the end of the Captain’s Run.

Please be aware that players have a tight schedule and will do their best to get to as many fans as possible.

Pop-up Bulldogs shop

Get the latest Bulldogs merch or sign up for a membership at our pop-up Bulldogs Shop which will be operating from the venue from 12:30pm.

Parking and transport

There is ample street parking at the venue.

Closest bus stop is on Port Road, a two-minute walk from the oval.

Food and drinks

Food and drinks will be available for purchase from the Woodville-West Torrens Football Club canteen and bar.

Saturday 6 April

Macca's Footy Festival

3-6pm (local time)
Elder Park, Adelaide

Stop by our Bulldogs’ club hub at the Macca’s Footy Festival from 3-6pm.

We will have giveaways, opportunities to win special prizes and memberships on offer for Bulldogs fans heading to the game.

Sunday 7 April

Player Appearances

10-11am (local time)
Elder Park, Adelaide

This is your last opportunity to meet some of your favourite Bulldogs players at the Macca’s Footy Festival site before we head back to Melbourne.

Out - Duryea/Khamis, Poulter

In - JOD, Richards

I don't think we can just go with the one tall in defence this week. Cameron and Hawkins are a very good duo. Duryea would be unlucky to miss out.

We could potentially shuffle a few around and drop Poulter. I'd like to see Bailey Dale on a wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not only should Lobb stay in VFL but he's lucky if he isnt delisted
Darcy has played 5 games, had one full pre season and had stress fractures before. You will get glimpses from him but he will not play every game, needs to be looked after. Would have thought having a back up like Lobb is critical over a long season.

Last edited:
Darcy has played 5 games, had one full pre season and had stress fractures before. You will get glimpses from him but he will not play every game, needs to be looked after. Would have thought having a back up like Lobb is critical over a long season.
Great test for the English/Darcy pairing this week, feel like we can really stretch the Cats defence when one of them goes forward.

Lobb is an absolute asset to the club and will contribute to our flag tilt this year
I will give him credit for not seemingly pouting and being able to go down at dominate VFL games at a level he's clearly too good at. He's not in the team now but I'm sure he'll end up playing plenty of AFL footy this year.

It may be an old photo, but why is Lachie McNeil at the airport on the dogs Instagram with Buku :oops:

Travelling emergency at best I hope...

Wonder if. Cats rest some players

Short turnaround time plus interstate trip
Hawkins would do well to back it up in the wet off 5 days.

Nonetheless, I imagine the Cats have done very little training this week other than to move the legs around a little.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back