Prediction Changes Round 8 Dogs V Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

My picks:
Clarke for Cody
Jamarra for Lobb
Libba for Daniel, Bramble sub and Richards back to defence
Baker for West, Garcia plays Westy’s role

I’d prefer to keep Daniel in over Baker tbh as disappointing as he’s been, or otherwise give Freijah a go

I can’t wait for bevo to pick 2 midfielders instead of two small forwards
i dont like you lucille ball GIF

Garcia will almost definitely fill West's role & Clarke to Weightman.

With Libba back it means Ed & Garcia will be mostly pushed out (rightly or wrongly).
I would send Richards back to the back line with Bramble sub, keep Garcia in the mids, have Clarke play Weightman's role and then bring in someone like Baker to fill West's place. I don't think it's necessary to take two players out of the middle for Libba, and I think we know that Garcia as a full-time forward doesn't work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yesss finally! Well deserved, has been working really hard and has improved a lot this year.

One positive of Weightman’s injury is that Charlie will get a string of games to kick start his career.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yesss finally! Well deserved, has been working really hard and has improved a lot this year.

One positive of Weightman’s injury is that Charlie will get a string of games to kick start his career.
Can we also go easy on the expectations of the kid please, folks?

If he averages 1 goal and 8-10 disposals a game as a small forward he'll be doing very well indeed. His value will come if he is able to apply pressure and do those important off-the-ball things like shepherding, blocking, stopping quick rebounds etc. But if he has a game or two where he only gets 5 possessions that doesn't mean he's a dud.

Weightman only averages 9.5 Ds over a successful first 5 years of his career. And he only averaged 6 disposals and 1.3 tackles in his first season (3 games).

I would send Richards back to the back line with Bramble sub, keep Garcia in the mids, have Clarke play Weightman's role and then bring in someone like Baker to fill West's place. I don't think it's necessary to take two players out of the middle for Libba, and I think we know that Garcia as a full-time forward doesn't work.
After his last couple of efforts unless there is a massive injury run Baker would never play seniors again. He was directly responsible for three Essendon goals by not being close to keep the ball inside the field of play around the ground. Why he got a 2 year contract is an absolute mystery

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

After his last couple of efforts unless there is a massive injury run Baker would never play seniors again. He was directly responsible for three Essendon goals by not being close to keep the ball inside the field of play around the ground. Why he got a 2 year contract is an absolute mystery

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I thankfully didn't see the Essendon game so I'll take your word for it. I don't think he's a great player but I think he's fine depth, I just don't want to see him back on the wing for his defensive limitations. As a high forward I'd absolutely play him over Garcia (note: in this role, not overall), McNeil and Scott. I'd also take Harmes playing that role but we're not exactly flush with wingmen to pick up those rotations.

Can we also go easy on the expectations of the kid please, folks?

If he averages 1 goal and 8-10 disposals a game as a small forward he'll be doing very well indeed. His value will come if he is able to apply pressure and do those important off-the-ball things like shepherding, blocking, stopping quick rebounds etc. But if he has a game or two where he only gets 5 possessions that doesn't mean he's a dud.

Weightman only averages 9.5 Ds over a successful first 5 years of his career. And he only averaged 6 disposals and 1.3 tackles in his first season (3 games).

Absolutely agree, I don’t expect him to dominate. More so, a great opportunity to give him a solid month of games to build from.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back