AFLW Round 4 - 2024 AFLW season (Tues 17th - Sun 22nd, Sep.)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm struggling to understand which Coll players are the difference between finals or not. Bonnici and Davey out, but they have played this year. Is it the lack of Barnett's 6 disposals a game that's hurting them?
Davey didn't play the 1st game, which she would've dominated on a small ground. Collingwood were also winning on Tuesday night until she got her head bashed in.

Since you don't know the difference between Barnett and Butler, the reason for your confusion is becoming clearer.

Davey didn't play the 1st game, which she would've dominated on a small ground. Collingwood were also winning on Tuesday night until she got her head bashed in.

Since you don't know the difference between Barnett and Butler, the reason for your confusion is becoming clearer.
So it's Davey missing the 1st round? Coming off ankle surgery she wouldn't have made a difference to the end result vs Swans. WC won by 17 with 11 shots to 4. Again Davey being around would have eaten into the margin but they still would have lost.

I do get my 6 possession players mixed up at times but they're inconsequential anyway so I won't stress about it.

So it's Davey missing the 1st round? Coming off ankle surgery she wouldn't have made a difference to the end result vs Swans.
Accurate kicking alone would've made a difference, with it being 15 scoring shots to 10 in Collingwood's favour. And that is what Bri Davey added last year in three wins (including a close one vs Brisbane), while not being at her League B&F level.

So I'll stick to my guns there, despite your very compelling argument.

WC won by 17 with 11 shots to 4.
Yeah it was 7 shots to 1 after Davey went off. Not even slightly controversial to say that was the turning point of the match.

I do get my 6 possession players mixed up at times but they're inconsequential anyway so I won't stress about it.
Hasn't averaged 6 or less since 2019. I don't think Collingwood are so strong that they can afford to go long without 14 touches per game from one of their (and the league's) most skilful players.

This is Butler I'm talking about now, who is not Barnett, just to help you out.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Round 4 - 2024 AFLW season (Tues 17th - Sun 22nd, Sep.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back