Preview Round 15 - Port Adelaide v Brisbane Lions, Adelaide Oval, Saturday 1:45 pm real time

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a week ago I assigned this to myself because I figured at least I would have seen Port play, having made an
expedition to the GWS game last week. Expecting a competitive game between two top 8 teams instead we got a
very poor combination of skills, pressuring, and umpiring. Much like both Port Adelaide players and Port's
excelling membership department, I have been inspired to combine a minimal amount of effort with a sheer
reveling in incompetence.

Traditionally my first reaction was to try to use ChatGPT to generate a preview and hope none of you numpties
even picked up on it. Unfortunately there were some glaring issues which made it fall below even my low and
abysmal standards... for what it's worth I've included it at the end if you can spot the small errors that made me
reconsider.

Ultimately I have to fall back on watching pretty much all of our games this year and pretty much none of Port's,
since I'm finding a distinct lack of interest in watching neutral games given the standard of the game at the moment.

All up we've finally started putting together a few decent efforts in a row - we've won four of the last six, and even the
problematic loss to Hawthorn is looking a lot less problematic after their recent efforts against GWS (who we lost to)
and Adelaide (who we drew with). Falling back on my in-depth knowledge of Port's effort last week and that Dixon is
reportedly suspended (but so was Butters), I can say that with confidence that we should win by about 100 points.
Though maybe I'll only make a claim for 60 if Port have fixed their accuracy problems.

And here’s an LLM's preview of the upcoming Port Adelaide vs. Brisbane Lions match in the AFL:
  1. Historic Rivalry: This weekend, Port Adelaide faces the Brisbane Lions, a team against which they secured their historic 2004 premiership victory. The Power will be keen to bounce back after their first loss of the season, which came against North Melbourne. Unfortunately, they’ll be without key player Angus Monfries due to injury. Meanwhile, the Lions are also dealing with setbacks, missing Daniel Rich (injured) and Daniel Merrett (suspended).
  2. Where and When: The match will take place at Adelaide Oval on Saturday, June 22, 2024, at 1:45 PM local time (ACST).
  3. Recent Encounters: Looking back at their last five clashes:
    • Round 18, 2013: Port Adelaide won 9.17 (71) against Brisbane Lions 9.8 (62).
    • Round 22, 2012: Brisbane Lions triumphed 16.8 (104) over Port Adelaide 14.9 (93).
    • Round 15, 2011: Brisbane Lions secured a 15.9 (99) victory against Port Adelaide 13.10 (88).
    • Round 3, 2010: Brisbane Lions defeated Port Adelaide 16.12 (108) to 11.15 (81).
    • Round 21, 2009: Brisbane Lions won 16.11 (107) against Port Adelaide 14.8 (92).
  4. Key Points:
    • The Lions are struggling with disposals (17th in the league) and scoring (averaging only 73 points per game).
    • Port Adelaide ranks sixth in disposals (365 per game) and third for marks inside 50 (13.3 per game).
    • Power forward Justin Westhoff (fourth) and teammate Chad Wingard (third) are among the top forwards in the league according to Official AFL Player Ratings.
  5. Prediction: Port Adelaide is favored to win by 27 points. However, the Lions will be eager to prove themselves and avoid panic stations after a heavy loss.

That's right, it was the mention of Angus Monfries. I didn't even read it fully until copying and pasting here at which point I realised it was even worse than I thought, so I would like to congratulate it on getting a grand total of two facts correct.

I will also point out that I'm the organizer of preview writers, and this is the type of rubbish I'm willing to put my name to as a preview! Therefore there's no excuse - get to the preview thread (linked below) and sign up for one of the remaining spots, especially if you've never done it before!

Sauce is a big out but luckily we've got young Harris Andrews in to replace him.

I will also point out that I'm the organizer of preview writers, and this is the type of rubbish I'm willing to put my name to as a preview! Therefore there's no excuse - get to the preview thread (linked below) and sign up for one of the remaining spots, especially if you've never done it before!

Alright, as a long time mostly lurker I'll take the chance! Happy with the Adelaide game as the next available, will give it a red hot go and hope it's not just a hot mess

I heard we didn't even want him, but Aspley kicked us a brown paper bag full of pokie cash, under the table, to take him.
On an unrelated note I was going to unilaterally assign you the preview for Round 24 in the hopes your preview consists entirely of "Win and we get pick X. Lose and we get pick Y." and then an analysis of our draft points thereafter and how it impacts on LAshcroft and Marshall, but 3KZ is Football already put his hand up for that one.

On an unrelated note I was going to unilaterally assign you the preview for Round 24 in the hopes your preview consists entirely of "Win and we get pick X. Lose and we get pick Y." and then an analysis of our draft points thereafter and how it impacts on LAshcroft and Marshall, but 3KZ is Football already put his hand up for that one.
Writing a preview really, really doesn’t appeal to me.

However, if we’re ever in such a situation as you described, where draft considerations are on line, I might be tempted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

However, if we’re ever in such a situation as you described, where draft considerations are on line, I might be tempted.

Thanks for sharing.

I feel like "Merrett (illness)" would be a better callback.
seinfeld-bathroom.gif

Who is this poster CHATGP everyone speaks of? Is he the return of Duritz? Is he/she/they/them even a Lions follower? I have not encountered him/her/he/she/they/them on our forum previously. Will CHATGP fellow/ gal/It game preview be of ZoBlitz standard?

Just asked Gemni who will win just to see if it is better than ChatGPT. It suggested I come here 🤣

View attachment 2023754
That's hilarious that an LLM is pointing here, which is predominantly LLM generated too. If only mine pointed to yet another... and if I'd really prepared, I could have called up KenLM!

I love how it says the word expert when referencing Big Footy🤪
I can't take it seriously until I hear how it thinks Angus Monfries' omission will affect the game.

Not sure how to feel about this year. The hawthorn loss was for me the final nail in the coffin for our season this year and while the Bulldogs game was excellent, the saints win wasn't anywhere near that level.

If we can manage to beat Port playing somewhere near their best it might really boost the confidence of the club and the supporters

I know the joke is really only funny to me, but I have very much enjoyed writing two previews in the style of David king rhetorical questions.

What is our brand? Who is going to stand up and say ‘hey, come with me boys’????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back