Prediction Round 15, 2024: Changes vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hall in for Sheed?
Maybe Chesser to get a run on-ball with Hunt + Gaff on the wings?
Maybe Liam Ryan to play midfield like he did for a bit the other week?

Only Ginbey, Culley and Yeo as the recognised on-ballers from our last game, and no Kelly or Reid still. Hunt the only midfielder due back from injury. Gaff will almost certainly hold his spot too.
Our midfield will be interesting this week.

Im very happy with either Hall getting a debut or Chesser getting a run on-ball, as long as we dont just throw Petch in there or something. Dont really want Trew or L.Edwards back, I think one of them comes in though

Poor old Sheed.

Could've been up there with Peter Matera in eagles folklore had he continued his 2018 form through to now

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hall in for Sheed?
Maybe Chesser to get a run on-ball with Hunt + Gaff on the wings?
Maybe Liam Ryan to play midfield like he did for a bit the other week?

Only Ginbey, Culley and Yeo as the recognised on-ballers from our last game, and no Kelly or Reid still. Hunt the only midfielder due back from injury. Gaff will almost certainly hold his spot too.
Our midfield will be interesting this week.

Im very happy with either Hall getting a debut or Chesser getting a run on-ball, as long as we dont just throw Petch in there or something. Dont really want Trew or L.Edwards back, I think one of them comes in though
Wouldn't mind seeing brockman or burgiel getting a crack on the wing and chesser getting the inside mid minutes

Hough barass Cole
Duggan Gov Edwards
Hunt Chess Bman
Cripps Allen Petrol
Ryan Snake BBW

Flynn Yeo Ginbey

Dewar Maric Witherden Gaff

Sub- burgiel

Poor old Sheed.

Could've been up there with Peter Matera in eagles folklore had he continued his 2018 form through to now

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nah, Sheeds downfall has been predominantly due to his shit attitude. I love what he did in 2018 but every time I watch him play I lose more respect for him.
I for one wont be at all disappointed if we dont see him play AFL for WCE again. Maybe harsh but Im done watching him refuse to chase, tackle or try to undertake any team orientated action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Kelly has effectively missed 3 weeks with a sore hip. What's the go here? Bone bruising? Some muscle issue?

Nah, Sheeds downfall has been predominantly due to his shit attitude. I love what he did in 2018 but every time I watch him play I lose more respect for him.
I for one wont be at all disappointed if we dont see him play AFL for WCE again. Maybe harsh but Im done watching him refuse to chase, tackle or try to undertake any team orientated action.
He's got a ****ed foot, which means he can't run like he used to.

Which also means he should probably retire, or be happy playing WAFL to see out his contract.

Oscars likely return will make for some interesting decisions around the forward line structure.

Waterman, Darling, Oscar, Maric, BBW all make a tall collection. Who goes?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's Maric or Darling. But likely Maric unless Oscar seconds ruck.

There is a scenario where Maric and Darling and Oscar stays but that assumes Maric is HBF/Wing. Which is likely given Maric shift in training to wing

FB: Hough, Barrass, Witherden
HB: Cole, McGovern, Duggan
C: Chesser, Culley, Hunt
HF: Petruccelle, Allen, Cripps
FF: Ryan, Waterman, Darling
R: Flynn, Yeo, Ginbey
I: Brockman, Trew, HEdwards, BWilliams, Maric*
E: Hall, Burgiel, Rotham, Hutchinson

Allen for Hutchinson, Hunt for Sheed seem pretty straightforward changes.
Trew for Gaff, Brockman for Jones neither here nor there as I think both would be out the following week for Kelly & Reid anyway (or maybe one of the talls drops out?).
Feels like Darling, BWilliams, Maric are playing for 2 spots.

Allen
Hunt

For

Hutchinson
Sheed

Maric could go out for a debutant - we’ll probably find that out tomorrow but I kinda doubt it.

I’d leave it at that with Kelly and Reid to return - hopefully both next week - Gaff, Jones, Maric and possibly Williams on the chopping block.

Hopefully we keep it minimal with Sheed and Hutch the only notable outs for Allen and Hunt, maybe Brockman in for Petch/JJ too. One of Brockman/Petch/JJ to be sub id guess.
If Maric is sent back to the WAFL to learn a new role off the wing or HB id be happy with that, as everybody has noticed by now hes got a nice kick on him. If he goes well then he probably is fighting Witho for a spot, itll be interesting to see where he plays long term.
I dont expect Hall to get a game, and I dont expect Gaff to be dropped either.
Yeo, Ginbey, Culley our likely main mids, with chop outs from the usual extras we see, I think Chesser or Ryan would complement those 3 nicely.
They probably run with Allen, Waterman, Darling and BW all in the same forward line for a few weeks and see how it goes.
Id like HEdwards to start getting bigger jobs on oppo KPFs, if its not working we can always put TB back onto them, or get Gov to help him out more. Give Harry Peter Wright this week imo

FB: Hough Barrass Cole
HB: Gov HEdwards Duggan
C: Hunt Yeo Gaff
HF: Petch Waterman Cripps
FF: Ryan Allen Darling
R: Flynn Ginbey Culley

INT: BW, Chesser, Brockman/JJ, Witherden/Maric
Sub: JJ/Brockman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad