Roos draft allowances a no-go zone, say Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Ad is a great idea. I reckon should go with both the HS and The Age. As long as you pay the cash, I'm sure they won't care what the hell the ad says. They've published half- and full-page ads for political parties and unions etc in the past so nothing is sacred.

Well yes, we know the sort of woman they are, we're just haggling over price.

Eddie the savour ... you've got to be kidding. The F.F. is just worried about Collingwood. This won't stop a move to the GC, all it will do is leave us with less if the move does go ahead.

We'll still move but Collingwood and Essendon will make sure we get nothing.
They're not going to let the Brisbane deal happen again.

I don't for one second think that Eddie is our Saviour.

What I do think is beautiful is that his is a voice that is louder, stronger, and carries more weight in the general public than ours does.

He has made it clear that the NMFC will get nothing extra from a move to the Gold Coast. This helps to ensure that the normal average member/supporter in the general public is not swayed by falsehoods about the promised pots of gold. It makes it harder for the NMFC board to sell relocation on that basis.

What I do think is beautiful is that his is a voice that is louder, stronger, and carries more weight in the general public than ours does.

He has made it clear that the NMFC will get nothing extra from a move to the Gold Coast. This helps to ensure that the normal average member/supporter in the general public is not swayed by falsehoods about the promised pots of gold. It makes it harder for the NMFC board to sell relocation on that basis.

Yes the certainty of the 5th premiership and the retention of Melbourne members for a strengthened superior GC team has suddenly been flushed down the crapper. They will now have to use beg us to stay out of "loyalty". And oh how we will enjoy watching the boys from the top deck of Telstra Dome. Hope the directors and shareholders can negotiate free entry to the home (opposition) team's functions. They certainly won't want to sit with the proletarians in the nose bleed section.

i think you'll find that the AFL will give up other things to the remaining Melbourne teams as compensation. eg. they may agree to give Collingfilth a Good Friday match....just to name one. the AFL will just give the Melbourne teams other things to get them to accept the deal.

You may be right Treva but I can't see how they could adequately compensate every other team in the comp for draft concessions.

The big interstaters are highly unlikely to be swayed by blockbuster games. Every game for Adelaide is a blockbuster.

I would have thought the big clubs would be far more interested in ensuring the integrity of the draft is upheld and thereby their chances of getting the best talent available. Hence Eddie's statement.

Yes the certainty of the 5th premiership and the retention of Melbourne members for a strengthened superior GC team has suddenly been flushed down the crapper. They will now have to use beg us to stay out of "loyalty". And oh how we will enjoy watching the boys from the top deck of Telstra Dome. Hope the directors and shareholders can negotiate free entry to the home (opposition) team's functions. They certainly won't want to sit with the proletarians in the nose bleed section.

How can 5th premiership be linked with a move to Gold Coast is beyond me. We won them when we had shit facilities and we will do so again at the upgraded Arden St. FFS we were in the prelim this season under this shabby administration.

Take note, anyone who thinks that time will heal the wounds and they'll get used to supporting the Gold Coast Kangaroos....

Leon Daphne????

We do not need anyone to do a Leon Daphne on us. He is an a*******.

I would not p*** on him if he was on fire unless I was p****** petrol. And then I would give it to him in bucket loads.

He did more damage to Fitzroy and the North Fitzroy merger than anyone else.

And if you are suggesting the damage to the North Fitzroy merger is the "good" thing he has done, utility, then if North does end up on the Gold Coast, I believe he will also be responsible for this as well.

Make no mistake in 1996 when Ron Casey was trying to pull off a North Fitzroy merger, it was because he was fearful that times like now would come to destroy the North Melbourne Football Club.

Old Fitzroy people hate Leon Daphne and and to a lesser extent Richmond with a passion. Under his leadership he ripped away from us four very important players in the early 1990's, being Gale, Broderick, Elliott and Dundas.

Broderick was the best of them and from then on at every game that either Fitzroy or North played Richmond, I abused him and called him a traitor - which he was.

So please, please don't see anything good about Leon Daphne.

Oh dear, my day has just got a whole lot worse.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

How can 5th premiership be linked with a move to Gold Coast is beyond me. We won them when we had shit facilities and we will do so again at the upgraded Arden St. FFS we were in the prelim this season under this shabby administration.

They'll link anything with the GC.

Do the soil testers live there also. :p

What's the latest delay of the redevelopment?

Should have continued playing games in Canberra, instead of shifting focus to the Gold Coast. There was never any serious discussion about a permanent move to the National Capital, and this GC relocation crap would be open to a number of clubs, instead of being directed solely at us.

Should have continued playing games in Canberra, instead of shifting focus to the Gold Coast. There was never any serious discussion about a permanent move to the National Capital, and this GC relocation crap would be open to a number of clubs, instead of being directed solely at us.

That's what happens when you LAY DOWN with DOGS:eek:. You end up waking up with FLEAS:D. This is the problem. When OUR BOARD:rolleyes: tells us NOTHING while telling the LADIES AND GENTLEMEN:rolleyes: of the press or some of them EVERYTHING:mad:. When OUR BOARD tries to jump into bed or outsmart the GOOD FOLK:rolleyes: at the AFL. When OUR CLUB is not our club after all:(.

The AFL has suggested the Kangaroos — who would not be forced to lose the name North Melbourne in the short term — could stand on their own by 2014,

Complete and utter bullshit!

The Gold Coast will be a basket case for at least 15 years! At least!

Who in their right mind would spout such crap?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Complete and utter bullshit!

The Gold Coast will be a basket case for at least 15 years! At least!

Who in their right mind would spout such crap?

absolutely agree - it's total BS

but was put to the board by the AFL at last week's meeting

absolutely agree - it's total BS

but was put to the board by the AFL at last week's meeting

2014 looms as the year the AFL will try to merge another club with the Gold Coast Kangaroos. There is no garauntee they will not do this.

They did it with Brisbane, so why not?

Bulldogs and Demons, be very afraid.

2014 looms as the year the AFL will try to merge another club with the Gold Coast Kangaroos. There is no garauntee they will not do this.

They did it with Brisbane, so why not?

Bulldogs and Demons, be very afraid.

bloody hell, you're probably right

although by then I won't care - I'll be doing the sausage sizzles at Port Melbourne.

Let's not go overboard with the Eddie-love here. I find him comments oh-so ironic, that apparently we are running a football competition here, and not a marketing exercise.

If it wasn't for the likes of Collingwood, Essendon and the AFL rigging the draw, we may not be in quite the financial predicament we are now. I find it convenient that he trots out the "even football competition" when it suits him. OK Ed, how about we don't move to the GC, get no concessions, but you give us the rights to ANZAC Day and Queens B'day. No ****ing likely.

Don't be fooled, he doesn't care if we actually move to the Gold Coast, he just doesn't want our chances our dominating Collingwood on field to increase. He doesn't give a damn about us.

But I would kill for a president who staunchly defended the NMFC like this.

This was the first thing that came to my mind too. As Eddie says once the ball is bounced it should all be fair. That means the ball might bounce in Adelaide and Perth twice a year Eddie. (Not likely!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Roos draft allowances a no-go zone, say Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back