RIP Port Adelaide - *warning* epic bump necrothread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
kept waiting for port to step it up in the last quarter and win..... :confused: just didnt happen. desperation of ablett, rischittelli, haris, swallow and matera was something your players needed. ah well every new team has to have a first win, freo's was richmond, GC's is port... always next week :thumbsu:

get ur facts right buddy, u lost ur first game in the league against us. It was west coast who beat us first up.

bad luck to Port but as they say, "There is always next week!" Maybe this loss will be the wake up call some of your players need and if it isn't then maybe your club needs to start cutting loose the players holding them back.

bad luck to Port but as they say, "There is always next week!" Maybe this loss will be the wake up call some of your players need and if it isn't then maybe your club needs to start cutting loose the players holding them back.

Maybe a tour down at Geelong would help the players. Kids this is what a real team is, this is the way the big boys play football. This is what we call a real strength and conditioning coach and he's the reason for no Justin westhoff look a likes.

It's not just the loss that's getting under my skin, it's the heads down, play for themselves attitudes of the players. Heads should have ****ing rolled after the unforgiveable display in the 2007 grand final but they didn't and now the players think it's fine to just get appearance money, an attitude that filters down to the young blokes as well.

Thanks to some pissweak posers one of the most successful and respected clubs around has been reduced to a laughing stock.

Maybe a tour down at Geelong would help the players. Kids this is what a real team is, this is the way the big boys play football. This is what we call a real strength and conditioning coach and he's the reason for no Justin westhoff look a likes.

Andrew Mackie? I feel for Port right now a lot. Might sound weird coming from a cat fan but cast your minds back to 2006 and we were a bit the same. After many lost grand finals through the late 60s and then the 89-95 period we endured a season where we:

Lost to WCE after leading by 9 goals in the second half
Lost to the Pies Saturday night at the G by 102 points
Lost to the Crows by 91 points (should have been 120+)
Lost to a terrible Tigers team in Geelong for the first time in 20 odd years
Lost to an ordinary and inexperienced Hawks team both times by around 10 goals

And Geelong were meant to be an elite side. One thing that does make my blood boil about this is that Choco is living it up without a care in the world with a cushy job at GWS. That ####wit and his pathetic behavior over the last 3 years is more responsible for their position than anything else.

I still think Port should have gone with Sando but Primus was at least impressive after such a demoralising loss. Did not shy away from it. Williams would have just put in another one of his sooky and sore performances and talked about how he was having to play blokes he doesn't want to.

Having lived in South Australia for nearly 3 years over 89 to 92 I know Port as a proud and successful club and their supporters deserve better than this.

come on Port chin up...any team that can win a GF wearing teal doesnt give a rats toss bag what anyone thinks...get angry!! Hit back next week like your lives depended on it. Dont take sh!t from anyone.

I understand I barrack for a team no one like with a sh!thouse jumper too :)

Go POwer :)

Cheer up guys. Gold Coast played out of their skin in that last quarter and should be commended.
Every team in the history of the competition has their down times and this is where the club and its supporters need to stick together and build towards getting the club back to the top.
Keep the faith guys, correct me if i'm wrong but weren't Geelong the first team to lose to Port.

You will bounce back.

For me a lot of the criticism towards the supporters than have jumped off has missed the mark.

I haven't jumped off because of this loss. I have jumped off because of years of systematic mental weakness. Yeah it was just a minor round loss, but combine it with all of the other embarrassing crap since the 2007 GF and eventually a person has their breaking point.

Have personally drifted away from AFL in recent years so it is a complicated cupcake, yesterday was just the final cherry.

I play footy for a team that is struggling, we were on the end of a few 30+ goal losses last year, but I am still there, still trying to play, still volunteering. Even with those horrible losses it is far more rewarding than AFL football because you know you are part of something honest.

Rory summed it up the best:

How many more "most embarrassing/worst/humiliating" losses can this club cop? There is a breaking point and I think for some supporters today could have been it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone has said just about everything that can be said.
I guess now we all have the same choice, either get up off the mat and keep fighting for what we believe in or stay down for the 10 count never to return to the ring again.
Its your choice!!

For me a lot of the criticism towards the supporters than have jumped off has missed the mark.

I haven't jumped off because of this loss. I have jumped off because of years of systematic mental weakness. Yeah it was just a minor round loss, but combine it with all of the other embarrassing crap since the 2007 GF and eventually a person has their breaking point.

Have personally drifted away from AFL in recent years so it is a complicated cupcake, yesterday was just the final cherry.

I play footy for a team that is struggling, we were on the end of a few 30+ goal losses last year, but I am still there, still trying to play, still volunteering. Even with those horrible losses it is far more rewarding than AFL football because you know you are part of something honest.

Rory summed it up the best:

I see you have changed to Western Sydney......Vlad and his cronies will be sure to draw them up against us first round to try to get them off to a winning start!

Thought yesterday was the end of the world, wake up this morning to find a cracking day of sunshine, we will get out of this people, it will take time but we will.

smile and be grateful for what you have, its only a game.

If you are jumping off, go this club doesn't need you, history isn't made from a few years in the doldrums but character certainly is.

Put yourself in the shoes as a supporter of some of these Victorian clubs! FFS!

Disgraceful!

I see you have changed to Western Sydney......Vlad and his cronies will be sure to draw them up against us first round to try to get them off to a winning start!
Only because it doesn't let me pick unlisted.

again, youre missing the point. It's not that Port are shit, it's that they have the talent, the fitness and the ability, but not the work ethic or mental aptitude to apply it.

There is no other club that comes anywhere near Port in terms of complete and utter lack of effort. That is what was so galling.

Disgraceful!
but it's just a game...

Thought yesterday was the end of the world, wake up this morning to find a cracking day of sunshine, we will get out of this people, it will take time but we will.

smile and be grateful for what you have, its only a game.

If you are jumping off, go this club doesn't need you, history isn't made from a few years in the doldrums but character certainly is.

Disgraceful!

Once again, if we keep encouraging people to leave the club wont survive, sadly a football club can't survive with just 10,000 die hard supporters...

What do you expect when one of there players earn more money then our club ... Port adelaide i have never been so disapointed maybe kneck up and grow up

I don't understand why when a supporter bags the club, goody two-shoe people tell them to not support the club, and to support someone else

It's called criticism, something our club needs and has needed for the past 4 years.

This is not RIP

RIP was if Westhoff kicked it

But he choked and missed it, and all is laid bare

Thank goodness

We can finally fix this thing

Just the final straw really. Funny thing is I kind of feel relieved, even my mates were amazed at how calm I was last night. None of the vitriol towards the club hurts. It's like I've caught my unfaithful wife cheating and now have a clear and distinct reason to file for divorce.

Woeful in every way, and symptematic of a club that is completely lost.

But not surprising really.

Never disliked the PAFC as much as I do right now..
Basket case club, shithouse list, no supporters, no money, not much hope.

Losing interest fast

Just the final straw really. Funny thing is I kind of feel relieved, even my mates were amazed at how calm I was last night. None of the vitriol towards the club hurts. It's like I've caught my unfaithful wife cheating and now have a clear and distinct reason to file for divorce.
Dont you dare jump back on when we win our next flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back