Prediction Rd 5 Changes vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Leave your changes below?

I am VERY concerned on what that forwardline looks without Freddy and Switta now, feel we are tetering on critical mass.

Simpson probably a lock but I wouldnt be opposed to playing Banfield forward and covering his wing minutes elsewhere

When the injuries hit why do they always go after the same position. Spread it around injury gods jeeze.
Out: Switta, Frederick, Tabs
In: JOM, Erasmus, Darcy. Johnson/Erasmus to sub.

I am VERY concerned on what that forwardline looks without Freddy and Switta now, feel we are tetering on critical mass.

Simpson probably a lock but I wouldnt be opposed to playing Banfield forward and covering his wing minutes elsewhere
Think it’ll be a blow out, with Port at Adelaide Oval.
Unless

Banfield goes forward to replace Frederick and bring in a winger- Erasmus?

Darcy in but am not confident in Jackson to suddenly being that third tall when Amiss is out of form.

Switkowski is an interesting one. He’s a fast running pressure guy, but didn’t kick enough goals? Emmett and Banfield can be okay for pressure with Walters.

Johnson may just be safe from the injuries mounting up.

In: Darcy, Erasmus, Simpson
Out: Fredrick, Switkowski, Tabs

Tabs undeservedly out. He’s been solid

Did I miss something happening to Switta?

Think it’ll be a blow out, with Port at Adelaide Oval.
Unless

Banfield goes forward to replace Frederick and bring in a winger- Erasmus?

Darcy in but am not confident in Jackson to suddenly being that third tall when Amiss is out of form.

Switkowski is an interesting one. He’s a fast running pressure guy, but didn’t kick enough goals? Emmett and Banfield can be okay for pressure with Walters.

Johnson may just be safe from the injuries mounting up.

In: Darcy, Erasmus, Simpson
Out: Fredrick, Switkowski, Tabs

Tabs undeservedly out. He’s been solid
Agree with that.

Out: Tabs, Switta, Freddy
In: Darcy (please), ??, ??

Crazy how much your depth disappears when two of your first choice small forwards get injured and another gets traded away. Need to see the Peel game before judging their replacements. I also suspect they'll swap JOM for Johnson in the sub role, but probably try to limit any unforced changes.

Doesn't help that a lot of our depth who could come in are on managed minutes and not ready for AFL footy just yet.

In: Darcy, Simpson, Erasmus.

Feel like Simpson could get a debut to lighten to mood after a deflating loss. Would be a good replacement for Switta.

Erasmus comes in for Freddy, plays high half forward.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Tabs. Does he make way for Darcy and they send JT forward full time again?

I think it will be another slug fest and I worry that we won’t have the firepower to put enough scoreboard pressure on. Midfield battle will be premo

With Freddy and Switta out, we're in huge trouble.

Out - Freddy, Switta, Tabs, Johnson

In - Simpson, Erasmus, Darcy, JOM

Worner sub?

Tabs is actually stiff, but very handy depth to have.

Johnson has to go, he's been given a fair go, hasn't taken it, back to Peel. I'll actually be annoyed if he isn't dropped

I don't like the idea of JOM and Fyfe in the same team, but injuries means we don't have much of a choice

With those outs..........yeah we're entering dangerous territories

Pretty much agree with what everyone's putting forward - Darcy/Ras/Simpson for Tabs/Freddy/Switta - although you could make an argument for Delean as well.

For all that Tabs hasn't done much wrong, he's historically shown that he doesn't combine or work all that well with other key forwards - I think it'll be better for Jye with him out of the side.

Pretty much agree with what everyone's putting forward - Darcy/Ras/Simpson for Tabs/Freddy/Switta - although you could make an argument for Delean as well.

For all that Tabs hasn't done much wrong, he's historically shown that he doesn't combine or work all that well with other key forwards - I think it'll be better for Jye with him out of the side.
It’s purely because Jackson would play more forward with Darcy back so one tall shifts out. Tabs was last man in.

Do we play the quad talls like Port did against the bombers?

They had Dixon, Georgi, Finlay and Marshall (Soldo ruck)

We may need to do that with 2 forwards going down and not much left.

Our quad talls would look like this

Jackson, Treacy, Amiss, Taberner (Darcy ruck)

I'm assuming Darcy's minutes will be managed too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out - Switta, Frederick, Taberner
In - Erasmus, Darcy, Simpson

O’Meara full game. Erasmus bench.

Not what I want, but most likely.

Taberner was no good today. Weitering smashed him.

Its a derby after this one atleast, so no extra travel

Means we get 2 weeks at home in a row too
But I swear just about every year we have a period of three games in a row where we don't have to travel? Last year round 21-23, 2022 rounds 2-4, 2021 rounds 20-22.

Edit: Looks like a consequence of playing at home in round 1. But I still don't understand how we can play two away games in a row in gather round, then play two away games in a row with the bye in between and still the only times we're at home two weeks in a row is with the derbies.

Last edited:
I totally get it but it’s very dangerous taking out a consistent goal kicker in an inexperienced forward line.

If tabs plays for peel he will probably kick 8

OUT

Frederick (inj) Swit (inj) Amiss (rested) Johnson (omitted)

IN

O'meara, Erasmus, Darcy, Simpson
Sub: Worner

tabs stays, give amiss a rest for a week. Jackson forward with Darcy back
Banfield has to play wing and forward swapping with erasmus.
Simpson for frederick/swit.
O'meara into Johnsons role (big upgrade)

actually dont mind the forward changes as freddy and swit really dont kick that many goals.

If they're both out, it feels like 2 different puzzles to solve for JL.

Switta I think you can get someone to come in and do a lesser/different version of what he does. Hard-nosed, tackles everything that moves, a presence at stoppages especially forward 50, but not necessarily someone you'd think of as having immense X-Factor. Production wise, I think we can play a mid who can go forward in that role.

With Freddy, especially last season, we had nobody who could replace his speed and X-Factor, and it's a fairly slow small fwd line without him. Honestly, Cooper Simpson might well be the only player we have that can offer something vaguely similar in that realm, coz we are not a team blessed with speed and X-Factor.

Aish Pearce Walker
Clark Draper Ryan
Sharp Young JOM
Treacy Jackson Simpson
Walters Amiss Banfield
Darcy Serong Brayshaw
Emmett Hughes Taberner Fyfe Sub: Johnson

Do we have any defenders that we think could Darcy Byrne Jones it for a couple of weeks? (Or Nyhuis it)
We never tried Willo there and he snagged 5 in the WAFL last weekend lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back