Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 2023460
I’d say we are a fair chance in this..

I still think
View attachment 2023460
I’d say we are a fair chance in this..
Absolutely. We need to bring that pressure rating of 180-190 (200) for the whole game.
Oliver is not at full fitness & Viney has had better seasons but both a warriors premiership players & need to be respected.
Up forward the usual suspects who rip us a new one all the time in Fritge & Pickett are also still there. Van Rooouuyen also is an upcoming forward who could be dangerous.

I’m leaning towards Colby and Jy in for Shiels and Phillips.

Duursma for Stevo. Duursma to be the sub with the VFL game scheduled Sunday arvo, he can backup if he only gets a qtr. Best of both worlds really.

Haven’t decided on the Dawson situation
I’m sort of leaning for WillPhil to do a run with tagger role on Viney . Let wardlaw go head to head with Oliver with LDU .
Problem with picking WillPhil is that it leaves Tommy Powell on a HFF with limited midfield minutes. Decisions decisions … a good problem hey ?
I would rest Jy one more week too .

I’m sort of leaning for WillPhil to do a run with tagger role on Viney . Let wardlaw go head to head with Oliver with LDU .
Problem with picking WillPhil is that it leaves Tommy Powell on a HFF with limited midfield minutes. Decisions decisions … a good problem hey ?
I would rest Jy one more week too .
The team hasn’t really given a a sh*t about your name (outside of Sheeze, Wardlaw and LDU) too much in regards to protecting mediocre midfield form.

I kind of like it. We should rewarding results and performance.

If Powell isn’t quite good enough to be first mid, he needs to play and thrive in a different position.

Will has only had 3/4 of a good game, but if he can tag effectively this week, it might be something that lets George and Luke completely off the chain. That is worth the (minor) gamble.

I'm making my first visit to the G since 1996! Heading to the Jim Stynes dining room in the MCC with 3 mates. Should be a good experience?

Pretty excited for the actual match too after our last two weeks.

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

1996?

Where were you in 97, 98, 99 and 2000?

expecting xerri to do an absolute number on gawn this week since gawn seems to struggle against awkward ruckman like xerri. if there’s one thing gawn hates more it’s when ruckmen are just absolute brutes in the ruck contest and ruckmen who show strength but in awkward ways like xerri does. if xerri can do that, he’ll very possibly get his name in the AA squad conversation. won’t make it obvious because of the afl media’s love affair with gawn and grundy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our new look forward line should stretch their defence without Lever, and they won’t be able to move any talls forward to help out which works for our defence being a bit undermanned. Another big test for Archer, but it really comes back to the midfield. If they can back up that intensity this week for anything like as long, especially if Jy gets back, that could be enough.

Out: Pink

In: Sellers

With Brynn in and competing well forward if the ball, there's quite literally no need for Pink now. I'd much rather someone who can at least threaten to hit the scoreboard

Simpkin in for Shiels if fit too. Please don't drop Phillips

Bring the level from the first half yesterday and we're well in this
And like Sellers did that last time he was in? Pink has a 200% better score ratio than Sellers to date.

And like Sellers did that last time he was in? Pink has a 200% better score ratio than Sellers to date.
The tram was a rabble and one of his games was at Geelong, a notoriously hard game for any forward let alone one as inexperienced as him.

They still have weapons Fritch, Pickett, Van Rooyen.

Urgh.

Fritsch averages about 5 goals a game against North the last 3-4 years. Mostly creaming McDonald.

I would have liked to put Jackson on him, but I think he has to go to Pickett, McDonald simply doesn’t have the leg speed.

Which means Fritsch likely gets his bunny again, unless we opt for Corr, which means someone like Pink is going to have to go to JVR or Charlie plays a close checking role instead of a intercept role.

Dawson with his leg speed was actually ideal for Fritsch, his suspension is such bad timing.

Further proof we also need to find a replacement for McDonald ASAP this offseason.

Urgh.

Fritsch averages about 5 goals a game against North the last 3-4 years. Mostly creaming McDonald.

I would have liked to put Jackson on him, but I think he has to go to Pickett, McDonald simply doesn’t have the leg speed.

Which means Fritsch likely gets his bunny again, unless we opt for Corr, which means someone like Pink is going to have to go to JVR or Charlie plays a close checking role instead of a intercept role.

Dawson with his leg speed was actually ideal for Fritsch, his suspension is such bad timing.

Further proof we also need to find a replacement for McDonald ASAP this offseason.
Hardeman or Bergman have decent games in the magoos? I think its almost time Luke is dropped out of the team. If Jy passes his fitness test and comes back in then “captaincy” isnt needed from Luke and lets be honest, Luke isn’t part of 2025 and beyond, lets get the team that will be together to play together. No better time than now

Hardeman or Bergman have decent games in the magoos? I think its almost time Luke is dropped out of the team. If Jy passes his fitness test and comes back in then “captaincy” isnt needed from Luke and lets be honest, Luke isn’t part of 2025 and beyond, lets get the team that will be together to play together. No better time than now

They are long term replacements, but I’m not sure putting either of them in to play a stopping role on Fritsch or Pickett will be a good outcome

There will absolutely be more awful games - you don’t go from uncompetitive to unbeatable overnight with no let up - but there should be more ups than downs as they get more experience and strength, now they know what they can do and can have more confidence in the plan and each other.

And a rare game at the MCG is such a lift for us, can only imagine what it would be like for the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back