B: J. Bowey, S. May, T. Rivers

HB: C. Salem, T. McDonald, J. McVee

C: E. Langdon, C. Oliver, C. Windsor

HF: K. Pickett, B. Fritsch, H. Petty

F: K. Chandler, J. van Rooyen, A. Neal-Bullen

FOLL: M. Gawn, J. Viney, C. Petracca

I/C: J. Billings, B. Laurie, B. Howes, T. Sparrow, D. Turner

EMG: K.Brown, T. Woewodin, B.Brown

Team Tips: Simon Goodwin on Wednesday flagged changes from his side’s King’s Birthday loss to Collingwood, with No.13 pick Koltyn Tholstrup to be strongly considered to replace the injured Christian Petracca, while Adam Tomlinson is set to return to the back six. Tholstrup had 29 disposals, five tackles and kicked one goal in a big VFL win over Collingwood before the bye. “We’ll bring a player in and expand some players’ roles to try and fill that void. It’s not about just one player, it’s about a team, it’s about a method and it’s about the collective, and that’s what we need to do – be really tight, united and forge our season ahead,” Goodwin said of how his side will replace Petracca. Goodwin also faces a dilemma of if he pursues with with Harrison Petty amid underwhelming form. King’s Birthday sub Jack Billings was inefficient with ball in hand, and perhaps vulnerable if Goodwin swings the axe further. It remains to be seen as to why recruit Tom Fullarton – despite his seeming dominance in the VFL – hasn’t been picked this year, as he continues to look a viable option as Petty’s replacement up forward. Shane McAdam kicked four goals in response to his axing and could also make a return. Jake Lever (knee) remains at least another week away.

-With NCA NewsWire

Kangaroos’ Round 14 side

B: A.Corr, C.Comben, K.Dawson

HB: Z.Fisher, H.Sheezel, L.McDonald - C

C: D.Tucker, L.Davies-Uniacke, B.Scott

HF: T.Powell, T.Pink, C.Taylor

F: P.Curtis, N.Larkey, C.Zurhaar

FOLL: T.Xerri, G.Wardlaw, W.Phillips

I/C: L.Shiels, T.Pink, J.Archer, E.Ford, J.Stephenson

EMG: R.Harderman, C.Lazzaro

Team Tips: Luke Davies-Uniacke is reportedly under an injury cloud, with SEN journalist Sam Edmund revealing he had an MRI scan this week due to an unknown injury. The star midfielder will train on Thursday in hopes of being available. The Roos will be bolstered by the return of young gun Colby McKercher, who has been dealing with a foot injury. After being withdrawn pre-game on Sunday, captain Jy Simpkin (hamstring)is ‘a chance’ to face the Demons this Saturday, having already ran to test his hammy. He’ll have a final fitness test on Thursday to determine his availability. Sunday’s late Simpkin replacement, Will Phillips, was valiant in his performance tagging Nick Daicos, and deserves to keep his spot on effort alone. Defender Kallan Dawson will miss one week for his elbow on Jack Crisp. Jackson Archer was beaten throughout the clash with Collingwood and may benefit from a spell in the VFL. Fringe winger Dylan Stephens (32 disposals, two goals, high draft pick Zane Duursma (25 disposals, three goals) and father-son Cooper Harvey (21 disposals, three goals) were the best for North against Collingwood’s reserves on Sunday. Meanwhile, Griffin Logue will make his return from an ACL injury via the VFL this weekend.
Teakle?

Due to his young age LDU usually plays poorly when lining up against bigger bodies such as Oliver, Neale, Wines, etc. I wouldn’t expect much this week but if he can negate Oliver back a little we’ll easily get on top in the midfield.

If our forwards play the same way again we should also take care of their backline.

That just leaves our favourite areas to deal with, small forwards and fast wingers.

1996?

Where were you in 97, 98, 99 and 2000?
Tassie, Tassie, WA, WA.... Airfares not as cheap back then for a young fella.

It is the only game I've been to at the MCG. It was a Friday night vs Carlton with a crowd of 65k or so.

Dad took me over and we stayed at some place where I had to wait in the room while Dad went to collect our tickets from some bloke, meeting him at a place called Tender Touch or something.....

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

a voice for Heaven meows the following announcement....
Saint Coach Emeritus Scamper (my little geelong cat saint)
Resized_IMG951321.jpeg

meows the following....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone heading out to training today ? We have 2 pivotal players on the injury front 50:50 list to play Saturday night in JY & by some reports LDU ?

All training with the main group now.

Pink with forwards, McKercher backs.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
They looking fine? Surprised to see Mckercher training with the backs, would have thought he would play a wing role as the back 6 has finally got settled of late.

Bergman training with 1s or 2s?

They looking fine? Surprised to see Mckercher training with the backs, would have thought he would play a wing role as the back 6 has finally got settled of late.

Bergman training with 1s or 2s?

Would have been my thoughts also. I really hope it's not the case. Unless they are planning on moving Fisher to the wing...

The back 6 is settled.

They just need to find a replacement for Dawson for a week.

I think it has worked well the last 2 weeks having actual defenders, with just Fisher as a "non-defender" I think having all or multiples of Fisher, McKercher and Sheezel destabilised it too much.

It's too much space and too many matchups to try and cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back