Autopsy Pain v Godeez

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw a replay of the May fake, there was a umpire in the right position to see it but didn't do anything, the umpire on the blind side paid the free.so they don't communicate in fear of getting it wrong , thiscisca dibacole
He let him get spun around twice. No call.

He got put down. No call.

He then saw him grab at his head, paused, then decided that it was a dangerous tackle.

He then saw him grab at his head, paused, then decided that it was a dangerous tackle.
So what the issue is, aside from May being a cheat. Is the umpire should have blown holding the ball earlier to prevent potential injury?

Re may decision

I swear the umpire legit was about to call holding the ball then changed last minute to dangerous tackle. Everyone around me went nuts

If you are able to see a replay there is a umpire with a perfect view but made no call, let the umpire behind make the call , the umpires need to have the balls to overrule

Last edited:
One thing that sticks with me is even at 3/4 time I still thought we were a chance. I can't remember the last time we trailed at the last break and I thought we might actually come back and win. Nice to feel that hope again
Statistically they had no right being that far ahead.
The tide was turning late in the 3rd.
That game goes for another 30 seconds and we win.
Just need to learn how to keep our heads in those type of situations.

Put it this way. For all the crap Clarko has copped, watching us on Saturday (minus Petracca I know) compare that to our pre-season performance under Noble in 2022 and we have come a long way since. Yes it’s been 30 months but slowly slowly the wheel is turning.

Last edited:
If you are able to see a replay there is a umpire with a perfect view but made no call, let the umpire behind make the call , the umpires need to have the balls to overrule
Truth is, AFL didn't go hard enough on the penalty. If they had the stones they would have given May a week. AFL's says it's all in on head trauma so they could have justified it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Truth is, AFL didn't go hard enough on the penalty. If they had the stones they would have given May a week. AFL's says it's all in on head trauma so they could have justified it.
Kingy had the perfect solution or deterrent...simply take the player off for a mandatory HIA assessment and that would stop players trying to stage a freekick.

A fine or suspension does nothing for us after the match but imagine if May had to go off for a few minutes for a HIA during that game!!

Kingy had the perfect solution or deterrent...simply take the player off for a mandatory HIA assessment and that would stop players trying to stage a freekick.

A fine or suspension does nothing for us after the match but imagine if May had to go off for a few minutes for a HIA during that game!!
Exactly! Larkey was being well held and with May going off, he could have kicked at least one goal which could have resulted in us winning. It is a no brainer (pardon the pun).

Last edited:
One thing that sticks with me is even at 3/4 time I still thought we were a chance. I can't remember the last time we trailed at the last break and I thought we might actually come back and win. Nice to feel that hope again
My son said to me we were still a chance at 3/4 time. Had to agree as they couldn't put us away and it felt like we could score quickly if we kicked straight. So it proved.

Despite the disappointment of losing, the overall pride I felt in the team at the MCG on Saturday night, left me emotional - in a good way. The fact that we battled on when things were not going our way was so heartening. At the game, I posted at the beginning of the last quarter that I thought the Demons would kick away but that I would still be happy with our performance because we had battled on, despite nothing going right for us on the night. I always felt we were in the game. So, when we launched our comeback, it was incredible. My overall feeling after the game was one of joy at what I had seen. In ways, it was better than the WC and Pies games. In those games, we charged away and then appeared to run out of puff/confidence. Things went our way, overall. Kicking goals like we did against Collingwood is not really sustainable. However, against Melbourne, everything appeared to go against us. On past occasions this season, we would have just folded and lost by 70 points. On balance, I still think we are a 50 point better team now than we were earlier in the season. If we can maintain that, we will definitely be in the game against WB, regardless of whether we win or lose. Finally, what an attractive game style too! You can see the media jumping on board. What’s not to like? Importantly, though, the big test will be to bring this improvement to R1 next year. The reality is that we have improved a lot every season after the bye during our horrendous run(s). It does feel different this time around, though. We’re not going to cut established players at the end of the season, either. 👍❤️

I was a caveman. Everyone around me was absolutely livid. Shocking call.

It turned the game. 15 points down having scored the previous goal. Ford gets the kick inside 50, who knows what happens. Instead, Melbourne get a goal from it, get three more quickly from that and suddenly the margin is 39.

It didn't cost us the game, but it was a pivotal moment. The only reason May went to ground at all was that the umpire took forever to ping him for holding the ball, and he then gets sucked in by May's acting and pays it the wrong way. It was a disgraceful piece of umpiring.

Finally watching the game back.

Gee the umps let Gawn get away with murder in the ruck.

Dispite being behind for much of the game, we didn't look so bad. Missed some pretty easy set shots in first and second, and players like Larkey and PC were held pretty well. Fringe players were impressive - Teakes, Corr, etc,

North crowd were great too. Even when down by 4-5 goals our supporters were way nosier than the GoDees home crowd. Can't wait for our home game next week with an up-and-about north crowd!

exactly regardless of whether he faked it or not, he was grabbing at his head?

yes we all know he staged and got fined accordingly (load of crap really, should of been 10k minimum) but he if he his grabbing at his head, he should come off because how are we supposed to know at that stage whether he’s faked it or not. after all the AFL are only looking out for the players best interest and we know how great a job melbourne does looking after their players.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Here's one for Damo:

IF the dictionary definition of a cheat is "a person who behaves dishonestly in order to gain an advantage"..
THEN Simon Goodwin may want to check the same dictionary for the definition of "incorrect" and apply it to himself..

Re may decision

I swear the umpire legit was about to call holding the ball then changed last minute to dangerous tackle. Everyone around me went nuts
I agree with you Ligs. Spot on. It was right in front of me and I was looking directly at the umpire waiting for the obvious. He assumed the classic stance ready to demonstrate the incorrect disposal signal and paid otherwise. Weird.

I agree with you Ligs. Spot on. It was right in front of me and I was looking directly at the umpire waiting for the obvious. He assumed the classic stance ready to demonstrate the incorrect disposal signal and paid otherwise. Weird.
Yeah, I thought/saw that too - and I was off over on the other side of the ground, standing at the back of L1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back