Prediction R12 Changes vs Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting. Didn’t see Johnson coming but it makes sense. Although framing it as “managed” off a 9 day break with a bye the next week is something.

Would love to see Banners take that wing role again.

This would have to be Walters last chance.

The problem with Walter’s is we don’t have great options to replace him. We could bring in:

Erasmus, meaning either him or someone else has to play a role that’s not their best

Delean, a forward who can kick goals at WAFL level but doesn’t have a lot else (for now)

Simpson who looks great when he touches it but frankly doesn’t touch it enough.

No great options that I can see. It obviously doesn’t mean he has a guaranteed spot, but I see why we persist. We’d probably have to persist with however we replace him.

The problem with Walter’s is we don’t have great options to replace him. We could bring in:

Erasmus, meaning either him or someone else has to play a role that’s not their best

Delean, a forward who can kick goals at WAFL level but doesn’t have a lot else (for now)

No great options that I can see. It obviously doesn’t mean he has a guaranteed spot, but I see why we persist. We’d probably have to persist with however we replace him.
Don't disagree too much given they seem to have moved magnets around and gotten Sturt in with him. Though you could put someone else more up the ground and still play 7 forwards.

Simpson getting his touches consistently around 15 at Peel and getting stronger should get him, he's ahead of the rest of the options IMO

Interesting. Didn’t see Johnson coming but it makes sense. Although framing it as “managed” off a 9 day break with a bye the next week is something.

Would love to see Banners take that wing role again.

This would have to be Walters last chance.
It pretty much is his spot now. Can’t see Banfield, Federick and Sturt in the one forward line.

I can absolutely believe Johnson needs a rest, 9 days and bye or not.

He plays very physically and is still only young.

Also, don't believe for a second that Walters is doing more in his role than Johnson in his.
Walters has been caught out of position playing half forward/ wing which he can’t be creative 60-70m out from goal. Should be around the 30-50m crumbing and using his elite field kicking to set up play.
Federick and Sturt should be in that role

No idea what to make of the bench, I think we’ll see a bit of role rotation throughout the game.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Wagner in Swittas role coming up to stoppages, feel like quickness is the key attribute in that role. Wags more likely to kick it also.

Then letting Switta play whatever role Sonny has (I honestly can’t work it out if we have the ball).

Get off my lawn
You still have "lawn"???

You probably use a handmower to get it trimmed just perfect every Satdee afternoon too right?

Don't get your flares caught in the mower or your hat tangled up in the Hills Hoist either, gramps.

Actually hate the changes we are not winning a premiership this year and we are still young should pursue with MJ no matter the mistakes he makes will only make him better in the long run. Keeping walters in is bloody baffling and if we are gonna bring in a fwd that doesn’t defend in Sturt why not give voss a shot with the 3 keys and let Jackson roam

Walters has been caught out of position playing half forward/ wing which he can’t be creative 60-70m out from goal. Should be around the 30-50m crumbing and using his elite field kicking to set up play.
Federick and Sturt should be in that role
I said to my mate at the game last week that Walters needs to play a lot closer to the goals like a true forward pocket used too play.And STAY on the ground, There is no need for him to fly with Treacy Jackson Amiss etc.

Our forward line is going to look very different, so makes for an intriguing game. I really hope it's Walters as the sub and Sturt gets the full game.

Interesting to see who rolls up for MJ, I'm guessing Chapman will play some midfield with Wagner filling in down back.

We've gotten almost everything we asked for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly. People also forgot that our forwardline is the youngest and least experienced part of the ground for us. He's the only senior player up there and the whole thing has been a shambles lately. We take him out and it could be the losing Mundy out of the middle situation all over again and it actually gets worse if that is possible.

Emmett out for Freddie is a net positive. They might also be thinking of playing Darcy less time on the ground by bringing in Sturt to cover for Jackson. That would allow Darcy to go harder earlier, rather than waiting for the last quarter since he could see the finish line.

I think we are seeing Son Son in his final year. But in the wings we have Simpson and Delean just waiting for the opportunity to perform. Both have great potential, with experience that potential will lead to performance.
I am not sure either will get many opportunities this season, but I reckon , either given the chance, will take it in both hands.
I am excited about our small forward situation.

Love these changes, Banners replaces Johnson on the wing, Sturt replaces Banners in the forward line, Frederick replaces Emmett in the HHF role, speeds up both the midfield and the forward line. Hopefully with a massive reduction in Cat 10’s with Emmett and Johnson out.
Just need to tell Fyfe to flick it out a bit quicker and we should be faster everywhere.

You still have "lawn"???

You probably use a handmower to get it trimmed just perfect every Satdee afternoon too right?

Don't get your flares caught in the mower or your hat tangled up in the Hills Hoist either, gramps.
Flares will be back in fashion next year Sonny Jim, mark my words!

Back in the day we weren't all distracted by our phones.

We were fully engaged and didn't give a shit about how much noise we made. Plus they served full strength beers.

The crowd these days are piss weak.

The last decent crowd I can recall was the Freo v Sydney PF.
Yeah, we were full on committed to what we were doing. We weren't being distracted from the point of our experience by something we held our hand. Our hand was for holding a full strength beer etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction R12 Changes vs Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back