Qld Queensland State Election 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

ABC website suggesting 48 for LNP now.

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app

No it isn't (still on 42). They should form government though.

FWIW, I'm hoping for a KAP/ON-backed Crisafulli government. Should be good fun to watch!

"The ABC projects that the Liberal National Party will form government in Queensland, defeating the Labor Party led by outgoing Premier Steven Miles.

David Crisafulli will be the 41st Premier of the state.

The party has been in opposition since the defeat of Campbell Newman’s government after a single term in 2015.

The LNP will win enough seats to make it the largest party in parliament.

It’s not yet clear if the party will win the 47 seats required for majority, or if it need to rely on crossbenchers."

I agree fully, I think it is more evidence tbat the fed libs need to change course back to.the centre to have any hope

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app

They need to lose another election with Teals taking more seats before they will move against the religious nuts who are holding them back.

The money drying up will be the driver.

The pattern of early polling here is wild, this might be the trigger point to go back to needing a reason to vote early.

The ALP seats on both ABC and Sky have been going backwards since they early poll results started landing.

Antony Green has called an LNP majority.

It's bonkers how quickly this turned around with the pre-polls, and Miles looks like even more of an inept moron for not waiting an hour to make his speech.

Antony Green has called an LNP majority.

It's bonkers how quickly this turned around with the pre-polls, and Miles looks like even more of an inept moron for not waiting an hour to make his speech.
Miles knew it was over and you're mad he didn't suck your ****

See you in three years when the LNP have destroyed QLD

...again.

Miles knew it was over and you're mad he didn't suck your ****

See you in three years when the LNP have destroyed QLD

...again.

Wait... What?

It pays to do a cursory read of who you're talking to and what they're about rather than blindly shooting.

Also, it's 4 years in Qld.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pattern of early polling here is wild, this might be the trigger point to go back to needing a reason to vote early.

The ALP seats on both ABC and Sky have been going backwards since they early poll results started landing.
It shows that they gained traction during the few days before polling day but pre polling is done sometimes 4-6 weeks in advance. Usually pre poll voters are emphatic with who they are voting for and nothing will sway their decision. That's why they do it early. The vast majority by the looks of it voted LNP. Which is probably a good indicator that the 2PP was correct at the time predicting a very comfortable Liberal Party win. 47-31 is a comfortable win.

And now looks like the greens are totally gone from the parliament… get that greens member back on quick smart to spin harder

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It shows that they gained traction during the few days before polling day but pre polling is done sometimes 4-6 weeks in advance. Usually pre poll voters are emphatic with who they are voting for and nothing will sway their decision. That's why they do it early. The vast majority by the looks of it voted LNP. Which is probably a good indicator that the 2PP was correct at the time predicting a very comfortable Liberal Party win. 47-31 is a comfortable win.

I think the reasons that people vote early are varied, and largely unknown - in Australia we've never considered it enough of an issue to investigate why people do it. You have your guess, I have mine, but none of us really know why people do it, nor how rusted on they are, nor whether their votes could've been malleable over the final days or weeks.

That's what I'm really talking about with a trigger to get people voting on election day again - is at least some sort of investigation into why people do it, and what impact (if any) it's having on election results and on the functioning of our democracies as a whole.

I think the reasons that people vote early are varied, and largely unknown - in Australia we've never considered it enough of an issue to investigate why people do it. You have your guess, I have mine, but none of us really know why people do it, nor how rusted on they are, nor whether their votes could've been malleable over the final days or weeks.

That's what I'm really talking about with a trigger to get people voting on election day again - is at least some sort of investigation into why people do it, and what impact (if any) it's having on election results and on the functioning of our democracies as a whole.
A lot of ppl wfh so a quick trip at lunch time without the queues on a saturday makes it faster, it does ruin the cake stall sales etc

I wasn't suggesting it's a Labor- Liberal thing 1 way or another. It's certain issues that these voters are passionate enough about to vote early and loud and clear. Sometimes it's because voters are travelling overseas during the election but that's more a postal vote thing. Clearly there's alot of riled up LNP voting regarding youth crime I'm guessing. There's huge pressure on Cristafulli to deliver what he promised here. Talk the talk now walk the walk.

Who does this campaigner - an LNP premier who was elected 5 minutes ago - think he is quoting Gough Whitlam?

You're a million ****in miles away from earning the right champ.

Crazy hearing a conservative premier talk about positivity after a campaign of fear mongering.

adogsfan5 where do you live?

"oh I live in Victoria"

"why are you laughing at my posts, then in the QLD election thread?"

"I'm kind of a ****wit"

"I also hope Trump gets up so I can laugh at random people on the internet"

Damn... that's sad

Last edited:
When you look at the opening post in which I added opinion polls shows that 6 weeks of campaigning:

ALP up from 26% to 33 %
LNP down from 43% to 42%
Greens down 14& to 9 %

2pp

ALP 43 to 57 LNP becomes 46 / 54

Remove this Banner Ad

Qld Queensland State Election 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back