QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a really good game Bud - both sides relatively even with Roos defence winning the game for them imo. Wagner outstanding, Kethro at FB did a very good job on a good footballer in Downie and was great to see a couple of 17yr olds do very well too in Jensen and Gallup (good contested mark and goal to seal the game). gee McLachlan is a class footballer. Moves beautifully and has nearly every box ticked
Yes mate that Downie and McLachlan are stars.I saw another one on Saturday for Sherwood number 16(last name Reville)just a treat to watch and had the Noosa locals talking about him post game.Fletcher for Sherwood really impressive also.Petyigroves 6 goals(4 in the last qtr) the difference.Good to have a win!

Yes mate that Downie and McLachlan are stars.I saw another one on Saturday for Sherwood number 16(last name Reville)just a treat to watch and had the Noosa locals talking about him post game.Fletcher for Sherwood really impressive also.Petyigroves 6 goals(4 in the last qtr) the difference.Good to have a win!
Yes well done mate - Reville a Maryborough boy too. Been an academy product for a while. Good to see young Mav kick what i would imagine was a career best. Noticed he was playing back early in year so the move fwd worked... :)

Yes well done mate - Reville a Maryborough boy too. Been an academy product for a while. Good to see young Mav kick what i would imagine was a career best. Noticed he was playing back early in year so the move fwd worked... :)
is it Special Bruce you’re talking about, or is there a younger Reville?

2 weeks ago Morningside were 4 wins no losses.. now are 4 and 2 ... next few weeks will be extremely telling as they front Broady, Palmy, Aspley , Redlands AND the Grange again,, could be 4 and 7 after that ,,

So we're talking another Reville?
I have no idea who you are talking about? The one here is a guy that plays for Sherwood. Played for Gympie at one stage a few games, came out of Maryborough, been on Lions VFL list for a few years, was part of SC Lions Academy for a period too. Is there another one?

2 weeks ago Morningside were 4 wins no losses.. now are 4 and 2 ... next few weeks will be extremely telling as they front Broady, Palmy, Aspley , Redlands AND the Grange again,, could be 4 and 7 after that ,,
They were pretty solid on Saturday. Prob underestimated a youngster in Gallup and let him get off leash a bit but think they will be okay. I saw Robbo was named best for them, not sure if he was in best 6 imo outside of a good final qrt which might have stuck in a few people's minds.
Downie went off late in Q4, if he is missing then they might be in strife but he certainly looked dangerous every time ball went in. Think it's a pretty even comp this year outside of maybe Aspley. Time will tell.

I have no idea who you are talking about? The one here is a guy that plays for Sherwood. Played for Gympie at one stage a few games, came out of Maryborough, been on Lions VFL list for a few years, was part of SC Lions Academy for a period too. Is there another one?
Yeah, that's Special Bruce.

They were pretty solid on Saturday. Prob underestimated a youngster in Gallup and let him get off leash a bit but think they will be okay. I saw Robbo was named best for them, not sure if he was in best 6 imo outside of a good final qrt which might have stuck in a few people's minds.
Downie went off late in Q4, if he is missing then they might be in strife but he certainly looked dangerous every time ball went in. Think it's a pretty even comp this year outside of maybe Aspley. Time will tell.
Agree SMY ,, the standard of the comp is now at a level where on game day if a team is off song they will get beaten,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depth is crucial.

We were going well on weekend, 4 goals up despite losing Collins 10 minutes into the game. Then lost Dickfos to our 5th ACL this season (!) in his first game back at senior level in 7 years and Easton to a hammy and just couldn't sustain the effort after being down to 19 before half time for 3rd consecutive week.

We have more than 10 first choice players out, and its really testing the squad. 5 x ACL's is extraordinary. Dicko was an 80 goal QAFL forward in 2015/2016, then went OS, has come back and played 3 years in our Friday night side - decided to give it another crack, worked his arse off and kicked 17 goals in 3 weeks at reserves level and more than earnt his return to the 1s, then 3 snags in a half on return and really setting up the forward line and bang. Absolute heartbreaker.

Depth is crucial.

We were going well on weekend, 4 goals up despite losing Collins 10 minutes into the game. Then lost Dickfos to our 5th ACL this season (!) in his first game back at senior level in 7 years and Easton to a hammy and just couldn't sustain the effort after being down to 19 before half time for 3rd consecutive week.

We have more than 10 first choice players out, and its really testing the squad. 5 x ACL's is extraordinary. Dicko was an 80 goal QAFL forward in 2015/2016, then went OS, has come back and played 3 years in our Friday night side - decided to give it another crack, worked his arse off and kicked 17 goals in 3 weeks at reserves level and more than earnt his return to the 1s, then 3 snags in a half on return and really setting up the forward line and bang. Absolute heartbreaker.

That’s terrible thommo. So unlucky, wouldn’t wish an ACL on anyone. Hopefully your boys can snag a few wins when you get a few players back.

I’m sure most sides would have multiple players from their best 22 missing. Just need to minimise it come august/September

Depth is crucial.

Spot on Thommo.Dickfos going down was a game changer.Fletcher was moved forward which took away his midfield influence and that’s where Noosa started to get on top.5 ACLs is ridiculous and very unlucky!

Fletcher injured also, but went forward to allow some rotations, rather than hit the showers.

Gotta roll with it. PBC had 19 for half the game against us, and I note Broady won with 17 the following week.

It's the season enders that hurt the most.

is 5 X ACL's really that unusual across a squad of say 90 players?

If they are all best 22, then thats unusual.

Is Riley Greene one of them? I note he has played 1 game of QAFL footy and no VFL this year, thought he was a mid-season draft chance and held in pretty high regard at the Lions, now he has dissappeared completely?

Is Riley Greene one of them? I note he has played 1 game of QAFL footy and no VFL this year, thought he was a mid-season draft chance and held in pretty high regard at the Lions, now he has dissappeared completely?
Yes it is

RG hasn't done ACL, but has played only 10 mins of footy due to a hamstring issue. Chalk him up as another young player completely mismanaged by the Lions medical team (not their AFL one obviously)

According to data last year, 1.98 ACL injuries per 1000 player hours is the average. Not sure how to extrapolate that into players, but given players are more or less exposed to the same or similar loading, 5 on the trot seems like a lot.

Depth is crucial.

shite news Thommo. Can be a heart breaking stuff sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back