Port Adelaide won't rebuild under David Koch

Remove this Banner Ad

So are you happy to go through what North Melbourne has gone through since round 1 of 2020?

Being a rabble of easy beats for a number of years didn’t work out too badly for Hawks or Tigers.

There’s more than one way to win a flag.

Geelong stayed up and added parts.
Pies knocked down parts of the wall and bounced right back (bit of luck getting a top 5 player as a F/S but they were planning on that too).
Hawks, Tigers had proper rebuilds with repeat years of top draft picks.

Being a rabble of easy beats for a number of years didn’t work out too badly for Hawks or Tigers.

There’s more than one way to win a flag.

Geelong stayed up and added parts.
Pies knocked down parts of the wall and bounced right back (bit of luck getting a top 5 player as a F/S but they were planning on that too).
Hawks, Tigers had proper rebuilds with repeat years of top draft picks.

If you asked about freos 2016-21 rebuild, I will be brutally honest.

Was it flawed? yes it was.

Did I enjoy it? Remarkably most of it. I hated 2016 when freo were 0-10 and crippled with injury and went 4 wins and 18 losses.

I enjoyed 2017 much more. Yeah it was 14th spot with 8 wins and 14 losses. North was 15th on 6 wins and 16 losses. Dockers had 6 wins from their opening 9 games, despite going 0-2. Yeah freo Beat North melbourne twice Narrowly. Had North beat freo once in 2017, Both and Freo have 7 games each. North would of got 14th and freo 15th because of percentage.

I just wanted to avoid going 0-10. It hurts you slowly and Psychologically.

When freo beat the dogs in round 3 in 2017, it wasnt a good win, it was a massive Psychological win. Instant confidence in saying we are a chance to beat any bottom half side at home.

In 2017 and 2018 dockers finished both seasons on 14th with 8 wins and 14 losses. I could of tolerated 16th in 2017 and 2018 provided freo did 2 things.

1. won 6 or 7 games rather than 4.

2. won at least 1 game by round 5 or 6.

As tempting as it is to get pick 1 and get an elite mid like Harley Reid or Chris Judd or Dangerfield or Martin, there is always a chance freo would of got another injury prone player like Anthony Morabito.

Hard to compete with 2 hands tied ya back (ken and the board)
that is such A lie.

I agree with Matty Primus and his situation in 2010-12. Primus with the coaching help he had was working financially with one arm tied behind his back. Port were the only team in that 2010-12 era with no midfield coach.

Winning a Spoon is pretty bad, no matter what the context was for it.

The Crows have never exactly been as successful in the AFL for a club of their resources and massive fan base would expect.
Define "Success?"

Won flags as underdogs in 1997-8. Yes they has access to talent with the Local SANFL. But the crows 1997 flag is similiar to the eagles 1992 flag.

Eagles in 1987 had a few 18-21 year olds. By 1992, those 18-21 year olds were 24-27 year olds.

Crows in 1991 had a few 18-21 year olds. By 1997, those 18-21 year olds were 25-28 year olds (Prime years).

Crows have had 6 coaches that got them to at least 1 prelim final at a bare minimum.

In a way, I do agree with your post to a degree. Crows could of and should of won a flag in either 2005 or 2006, But definately 2006.

Would the crows trade either the 1997 or 1998 premiership for say the 2006 flag? Some would, others would not. Guys like McLeod, Goodwin and Edwards would still have 2 flags regard less.

Add the 2017 flag and the Crows would be like West coast with 4 premierships.

Not sure Brad Scott’s stint at North is the beacon of success anyone should be aiming for.

Him propping the club up with retreads to play finals but never really contend is a major reason why their list is so rooted, their last four years are close to the worst in recorded history.
I can agree with you on this one, Hinckley has also made 3 prelims (14, 20, 21) and fought in each of those years, as well as some competitive losses in finals, Scott only got us 2 prelims and a handful of beltings in almost every finals campaign he got to

Not sure Brad Scott’s stint at North is the beacon of success anyone should be aiming for.

Him propping the club up with retreads to play finals but never really contend is a major reason why their list is so rooted, their last four years are close to the worst in recorded history.
Well It depends on who you ask. But You are a richmond supporter though.

I see Brad Scotts stint at North from 2010 until mid 2019 as mild to Moderate success. 4 finals in 10 seasons isnt too bad. they won 2 finals in 2014 and 2 finals in 2015.

Brad Scott had a limited and average playing squad and he got the best out of it. Never finished top 4 ladder wise at the end of the season. Last time North Melbourne finished top 4 ladder wise was 2007.

The thing is.... Your Richmond side had a decent finals run from 2013-22. Made 3 elim finals in 2013-5. Missed out on finals in 2016. Made at least a prelim each season in 2017-20. Won a flag each year in 2017-20, except for 2018 which was a prelim final loss. missed out on finals in 2021 and made an elim final in 2022.

The point is, if Richmond didnt have that finals run from 2013-22, and had a finals run like North did from 2014-6 in which Richmond won 4 finals in 2 seasons, you would be savouring it like crazy. Especially when from 1983-2012, tigers only made finals in 1995 and 2001.

I can agree with you on this one, Hinckley has also made 3 prelims (14, 20, 21) and fought in each of those years, as well as some competitive losses in finals, Scott only got us 2 prelims and a handful of beltings in almost every finals campaign he got to
Again... I think Brad Scott and his stint as North Melbourne coach from 2010 until mid 2019 is underrated.

North melbourne wasnt going to finish top 4 on the ladder, they were never gonna finish bottom 4 either. So between a 5th to 14th placed side in that 18 team era from 2022 onwards.

Again, 4 finals in 10 seasons isnt bad with that North Melbourne squad he had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that is such A lie.

I agree with Matty Primus and his situation in 2010-12. Primus with the coaching help he had was working financially with one arm tied behind his back. Port were the only team in that 2010-12 era with no midfield coach.
🤨 We aren't much better now.

Hinkley should be coaching In the country somewhere that's his level.

Let's have a looks at our assistants

Some guy "Jason Williams" from outback Victoria.

Hamish hartlett
Chad cornes
Matthew lobbe
Goldsack
Josh carr

Bottom of the barrel assistant's who wouldn't get an assistant job elsewhere except for Carr.

Koch as president AFL puppet and just a dumb **** embarrassed every time he talks.

Cardone another puppet who's boss is ****ing Eddie McGuire.

The point is, if Richmond didnt have that finals run from 2013-22, and had a finals run like North did from 2014-6 in which Richmond won 4 finals in 2 seasons, you would be savouring it like crazy. Especially when from 1983-2012, tigers only made finals in 1995 and 2001.
For sure we would be savouring ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING if that was the case.

But the fact was, it wasn’t.
Richmond 2017 had its list primed for success as we all know. Scott’s time at North resulted in the list being absolutely smashed as he continued to top up.

While North zealots believe their current state of play is ALL Scott’s fault, fact is he went all in to sacrifice the future when he had no realistic shot at even winning one flag.

For some supporters that would be an awesome result, eh?

🤨 We aren't much better now.

Hinkley should be coaching In the country somewhere that's his level.

Let's have a looks at our assistants

Some guy "Jason Williams" from outback Victoria.

Hamish hartlett
Chad cornes
Matthew lobbe
Goldsack
Josh carr

Bottom of the barrel assistant's who wouldn't get an assistant job elsewhere except for Carr.

Koch as president AFL puppet and just a dumb heck embarrassed every time he talks.

Cardone another puppet who's boss is ******* Eddie McGuire.
Hinkley was one Dursma brain fart in the goalsquare in a home prelim in 2020 from steamrolling a tired Geelong the week after in the Grand Final.

Yep, Hinkleys sides for whatever reason have fallen down at the last hurdle before the GF. They were desperately unlucky in 2020.

I think their gameplan had something to do with all of this, but I think they have the talent to compete again this year. We are seeing more of an inside game evolving too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back