• Hardwick

• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes me wonder about the whole Carr scenario and where this came from and the strategy behind it.

I don’t think it was to give Carr the job but to keep Ken in the job longer.

Was it to appease the supporters in thinking a premiership hero could be handed the keys - a way of keeping the sack Ken talk to a bare minimum?

How and why was it leaked to Caro?

What they didn’t see coming was the boos and the dissatisfaction go to a new level and they are in a hiding to nothing now.

So the going after Tredrea is a nice distraction I reckon, nothing more.

Makes me wonder about the whole Carr scenario and where this came from and the strategy behind it.

Was it to appease the supporters in thinking a premiership hero could be handed the keys - a way of keeping the sack Ken talk to a bare minimum?

What they didn’t see coming was the boos and the dissatisfaction go to a new level and they are in a hiding to nothing now.

The more I think about it, the more I think that it was just a back up plan and an easy way out for them to take that didn’t involve sacking Hinkley.

Yea I’m not sold on Bucks . Carr it’s hard to say because as we’ve seen tha assistans get dragged along with the head coach a bit .
I reckon Justin Leppitsch would go alright of the available ( he’s probably under contract at the Pies )
Leppitsch every day of the week.

Carr hasn’t shown enough at Port.

If Bucks wants to be a senior coach again he should be serving as an assistant somewhere right now. I don’t want someone who has said multiple times he doesn’t want to coach to just walk into the job either.

Even if you were somehow able to get Chris Scott, I’d rather get an assistant from somewhere else with desire to get to the top over someone whose already been there and doesn’t need to prove themselves.

Wait so this whole Carr handshake deal talk was just to bide some time.

The times now come and it's all oh well Carr's not in the picture to be head coach and Ken's still contracted for next year, we're still a chance to play finals yadda yadda. Come the end of the year it will be who else you going to get?

Rinse repeat, extend indefinitely.

I reckon by the time Ken leaves someone like Todd Viney might have retired and had the experience in the assistant roles to be a head coach. Not much point looking at anyone over 35.

Leppitsch every day of the week.

Carr hasn’t shown enough at Port.

If Bucks wants to be a senior coach again he should be serving as an assistant somewhere right now. I don’t want someone who has said multiple times he doesn’t want to coach to just walk into the job either.

Even if you were somehow able to get Chris Scott, I’d rather get an assistant from somewhere else with desire to get to the top over someone whose already been there and doesn’t need to prove themselves.

I think Leppitsch has the profile to become a very good senior coach second time around.

He’s mature ✅
He speaks well ✅
He’s been involved in multiple Premierships in both player & coaching roles ✅
He’s been exposed to different club cultures & ideas ✅
He was coached by one of the hardest personalities the game has known in Leigh Matthews ✅
He hasn’t spent a minute under the tutelage of Ken ✅✅✅

I’d be going hard for him.

I voted Schofield in the poll.
Any coach that get their team to 4 GFs in a row and wins 3 of them….and includes an undefeated season (?) has to have done some decent motivation work for the group.

Aside from that, would love a Bucks/Dean Cox type combo

Wait so this whole Carr handshake deal talk was just to bide some time.

The times now come and it's all oh well Carr's not in the picture to be head coach and Ken's still contracted for next year, we're still a chance to play finals yadda yadda. Come the end of the year it will be who else you going to get?

Rinse repeat, extend indefinitely.

I reckon by the time Ken leaves someone like Todd Viney might have retired and had the experience in the assistant roles to be a head coach. Not much point looking at anyone over 35.
Todd Viney? Hahaha.

Not sure what his son would be like as a coach but I'd be shocked if Ken wasn't gone before that was ever on the cards.

I think Leppitsch has the profile to become a very good senior coach second time around.

He’s mature
He speaks well
He’s been involved in multiple Premierships in both player & coaching roles
He’s been exposed to different club cultures & ideas
He was coached by one of the hardest personalities the game has known in Leigh Matthews
He hasn’t spent a minute under the tutelage of Ken

I’d be going hard for him.

I did read that as

"It's going to be hard for him."

And thought you might be right.

Leppitsch could actually scare Koch.

I did read that as

"It's going to be hard for him."

And thought you might be right.

Leppitsch could actually scare Koch.
Not sure what type of personality Leppitsch is behind the curtain, but I have a mate who was on the Lions list just before they went on that magical run.

He said Leppa was always great value, someone who trained & played hard, but loved a joke & never took himself too seriously.

Remeber when Port sacked Russell Ebert after finishing third, I don’t - to young. But have heard my father talk about how ruthless Port were in their quest to be the best.

I love the business model of a stable environment, but what stability focused teams have ever historically been the best? Ruthless places force people to be uncomfortable and improve week on week. We have become comfortable and fat.

Be stable and calculated in the board room, we always were. But get back to the ruthless Port Adelaide who didn’t accept just missing out as good enough, speak like a winner to be a winner. We live for these big games, this is where the best players stand up and put the competition on notice, this is where respect is won and lost. Remeber those first few years of Ken and the “Leaders need to stand up in big games” or something similar, Boak, Ebert, Trengrove, Gray all found something more when required. We turned to puss when the comments started to ramp up “They are a good team” “Someone had to lose” “it’s an even comp by design, who are we to try and buck that trend?”

Whoever the next coach is, needs to be unapologetic and authentic in their pursuit to be the best club in the competition. “Port Adelaide, We exist to win Premierships” “Allan Scott, you were wrong” take the criticism on board and let it drive you for 12 months and when the time is right throw it back at them, don’t beat the dogship St Kilda by 2 points and ball your emotions out on the sidelines in July…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what type of personality Leppitsch is behind the curtain, but I have a mate who was on the Lions list just before they went on that magical run.

He said Leppa was always great value, someone who trained & played hard, but loved a joke & never took himself too seriously.

They can't speak highly enough of him at Collingwood. The players love him.

Buckley, surrounded by assistants that played for Port in 2004 and are not Cornes.
Buckley - Head, Carr - Snr Assistant, Schofield - Mids, Lade - Forwards, Goldsack - Defenders, Choco - Head of Development, Jason Williams - Development Coach, Luke Kelly - Opposition analyst, Sean Baker - Conditioning, Jenny Williams - Phycologist, Micheal Wilson - Head Physio, Jay Schultz - Set shot routines…

It was obviously a placating the masses, when it wasn't announced with a set handover date. If they'd said 'Yep 2026, Carr is coach', it would have been real. We've got a wink wink, nudge nudge, off the record, 'yeah, there's one, but it's on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet, stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying "Beware of the Leopard" '.

Hinkley obviously wouldn't accept any fixed end date, and Koch wouldn't even give us one two years out to offer hope, as he's still having Donna PTSD flashbacks. Koch also missing of course, that the end of Ken in sight (even if too far), would have encouraged many of the disaffected back, this year and next. I wouldn't have gotten a full membership, but if there'd been a written contract of Ken gone end of 2025 (if not sacked prior), I'd have had a 3 game membership this year.

Buckley - Head, Carr - Snr Assistant, Schofield - Mids, Lade - Forwards, Goldsack - Defenders, Choco - Head of Development, Jason Williams - Development Coach, Luke Kelly - Opposition analyst, Sean Baker - Conditioning, Jenny Williams - Phycologist, Micheal Wilson - Head Physio, Jay Schultz - Set shot routines…

Where is Jordan?

Back