Our Leaky Board

Remove this Banner Ad

This is absolutely correct.

And the Club have no issue with Warren's comments. This was Caro trying to make a story out of nothing to deflect away from the pressing issues of Ken's imminent demise.

Well when most of the board and management aside from CD are probably trying to think of how and when to get rid of Ken, it's hardly a massive misstep for Warren to sort of half say the quiet bit out loud.

Seems like a nothing story.

Media latched onto something and the board may or may not have been involved.

The board wouldn’t boot Tredders right now unless it wanted a mob at alberton. It would also mean an election at a time of turbulence and poor on field performance. It would also release WGT from his board obligations, well some of them. And would highlight the division. It would risk a huge spill.

If Koch and the board are involved, it may be a part of a long game to paint WGT in a negative way such that they can sell it fans and the public that he is the source of division and get him booted down the track.
The story is that when contacted the board did not present a united front. Instead they threw Tredrea under the bus and told the media that he had caused a split in the board.

Surely it has to suck knowing that you're bad at your job and is the reason a shit coach is employed at the club but you can't say or do anything about it because it looks bad for your CV and could impact your position on the board.

There is clearly an issue with the board backgrounding journos against the best interests of the Club.

That is the real story of the week.
If only Kochie got directors to sign up to something like, I dunno, a code of conduct, then things like this couldn't possibly happen, could they?

If only Kochie got directors to sign up to something like, I dunno, a code of conduct, then things like this couldn't possibly happen, could they?

There would absolutely be a code of conduct: it is just selectively enforced.

Rooch, is an another example. Holds a paid position at PAFC for his column and has spent the week sniping at a board member. He should be sacked, but won’t be.

Last edited:
There is clearly an issue with the board backgrounding journos against the best interests of the Club.

Chris Davies and Ken Hinkley aren't on the Board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There would absolutely be a code of conduct: it is just selectively enforced.

Rooch, is an another example. Holds a paid position at PAFC for his column and has spent the week sniping at a board member. He should be sacked, but won’t be.
I don’t know who to hate more, Rucci or Cornes. Both massive hypocrites.

I don’t know who to hate more, Rucci or Cornes. Both massive hypocrites.

No wrong answers there. You are not required to choose between scum and villainy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone is good at defining the problem.

Is anyone up for trying to define the solution?
It needs to be a One Club type movement that the whole fan base gets on board to regain control of our club.

I think it is going to take some past legends making a stand again to unit the masses.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

It happened as far back as 2019, in the aftermath of Ben Brown kicking 10 (3 Brownlow Votes) and Todd Goldstein racking up 34 touches (2 Brownlow Votes) the night Rhyce Shaw’s North Melbourne upset us by 86 points to sink our season, as Dougal Howard and Scott Lycett languished in the Reserves.

Gerard Whateley, Dwayne Russell, Kane Cornes and Michelangelo Rucci all went off at irate Port fans during the week, with the usual copy’n’paste talking points we’ve come to know so well when the team’s fortunes predictably crater.

How delusional we are, how ungrateful we are, that we’re not the Port Magpies, that we don’t understand the draft and salary cap, that when Ken Hinkley arrived the background radiation from the Hiroshima bomb was still detectable at Alberton Oval, grow up, put your pitchforks away and learn to be patient, blah blah blah.

It was clearly a coordinated strike intended to put the riff-raff (just lifelong members and fans) in their place, locked in third-class steerage.

Now who prompted it? Koch? Keith Thomas? Matthew Richardson? Daniel Norton on a mission from the Chairman and Board?

It all makes you wonder who this football club is actually for.

Because protecting the arses of wealthy, painfully mediocre bald men, seems to be the overarching mission down there, moreso than any real desire to fulfil the club’s stated purpose of winning a premiership and bringing joy to Average Joes who fund it.

Trying to control the narrative about on field failure has been the signature of the Koch era: the talking points his regime pushes through media are that fan expectation is the issue not underperformance.

As a self-described ‘professional bullshit artist’, Koch thinks he can feed people shit and convince them it is watermelon.

Unfortunately, a professional bullshit artist does not a good club chairman make.

Listening to Caro and Tredrea was very interesting.

Rather than be concerned about Tredders saying "good call", I am far more worried about the fact that the "Ken supporters" on the board are clearly leaking to Caro (and trying to undermine our member elected board member).

One of these is a far bigger traitor to the club and it's members and it's not Tredders. This person should be weeded out and made to resign.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm assuming this is Cardone, McQuire's puppet

Everyone is good at defining the problem.

Is anyone up for trying to define the solution?

We need to create a fan trust that creates a link between us and the board and have it designed similarly to Germany’s 50+1 rule ownership, where clubs cannot make any move without members voting for it.

If you don’t know what 50+1 rule. This will explain any questions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back