No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

We also made Fyfe turn the clock back five years earlier in the year so in all likelihood we could've seen Dixon return to his prime for one day only.
We should have an award for this, a bit like the Majak.

I don't like the idea of calling it the Nat Fyfe Award as I think Fyfe was a great player in his prime. A bit disrespectful to someone deserving respect for his career. The Methuselah Award perhaps?

I don't like the idea of calling it the Nat Fyfe Award as I think Fyfe was a great player in his prime. A bit disrespectful to someone deserving respect for his career. The Methuselah Award perhaps?
Or Gia’s nickname, The Fossil 😂

The Resurrection Reshuffle Award

The Clearly Craving Revival Award

Had this analysis of Sydney’s centre bounce wins vs Adelaide in my feed. Showing off Sydney’s positioning at the centre and Grundys work to beat Adelaide’s mids. I actually have a better and more succinct answer as to win Sydney beat Adelaide.

It’s because Adelaide are shit.

Had this analysis of Sydney’s centre bounce wins vs Adelaide in my feed. Showing off Sydney’s positioning at the centre and Grundys work to beat Adelaide’s mids. I actually have a better and more succinct answer as to win Sydney beat Adelaide.

It’s because Adelaide are shit.

Here's a fun game to play at home. Who do the following heat maps belong to in our match against Freo last Saturday? No cheating by taking a sneak peak at the .......

Exhibit One

1718684611145.png

Exhibit Two

1718684710519.png

Not targeted at Collingwood, but the individual - just an observation on how being a "larrikin" excuses almost anything. Several articles (e.g. ABC online) featuring Swan's redemption, and linking to the cleaner he assaulted having a permanent brain injury within the article as an afterthought. He literally destroyed someone's life in an unprovoked action (separate to his interaction with security staff at the same incident), but it's ok because he cracked a few jokes at a HOF event and Malthouse regards him as a great player.

Not targeted at Collingwood, but the individual - just an observation on how being a "larrikin" excuses almost anything. Several articles (e.g. ABC online) featuring Swan's redemption, and linking to the cleaner he assaulted having a permanent brain injury within the article as an afterthought. He literally destroyed someone's life in an unprovoked action (separate to his interaction with security staff at the same incident), but it's ok because he cracked a few jokes at a HOF event and Malthouse regards him as a great player.
Yes, the old “he was a bit of a larrikin” appears to absolve one of all past indiscretions?
Had similar thoughts about Ben Cousins who’s now back in favour after his apparent redemption…

Yes, the old “he was a bit of a larrikin” appears to absolve one of all past indiscretions?
Had similar thoughts about Ben Cousins who’s now back in favour after his apparent redemption…

Yep, breach AVOs, earn a custodial sentence, etc and... get a gig as sports presenter and on some dancing show. Can't wait to see Daniel Kerr on some lifestyle show explaining how to renovate a property damaged by fire!
(Note: not an anti Eagles pile on, just the first that sprung to mind of many across all clubs.)

Former Bulldog (originally a Bomber and also a Saint) Max Crow retired due to a similar injury, if I recall correctly. His last season (1986) was played with us. Good player, but often led into Beasley's leading space, at least one game where Simon was not happy. (Not insinuating Beasley was responsible for the rupture btw!)

Former Bulldog (originally a Bomber and also a Saint) Max Crow retired due to a similar injury, if I recall correctly. His last season (1986) was played with us. Good player, but often led into Beasley's leading space, at least one game where Simon was not happy. (Not insinuating Beasley was responsible for the rupture btw!)
Matt Spangher to blame for Crow’s leading patterns?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3AW rumour file caller said among the list of players who have died in the last year according to AFL at HOF was 1971 Hawthorn premiership player Michael Porter who is actually still with us

3AW rumour file caller said among the list of players who have died in the last year according to AFL at HOF was 1971 Hawthorn premiership player Michael Porter who is actually still with us
Did they show his picture on the screen during the obituary section of the telecast? Porter must be wondering why no-one had told him he was dead sooner.

How long will it be before Dane Swan does something which forces the AFL to revoke his HOF status?

How long will it be before Dane Swan does something which forces the AFL to revoke his HOF status?

I don't know if it's all act, but I'm the same age as he is and with kids and my wife wouldn't be too impressed if I behaved like him. I would be literally in the doghouse.

The speech of the night was Dunstall. Pure class.

I don't know, the whole deadbeat, unimpressed, sarcastic, smartarse thing might appeal to some, but not me. It's a Hall of Fame speech, you're not at a Bucks Night.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's all act, but I'm the same age as he is and with kids and my wife wouldn't be too impressed if I behaved like him. I would be literally in the doghouse.

The speech of the night was Dunstall. Pure class.

I don't know, the whole deadbeat, unimpressed, sarcastic, smartarse thing might appeal to some, but not me. It's a Hall of Fame speech, you're not at a Bucks Night.

Dane Swan is as funny as cancer.

Cannot stand that smarmy, lame, annoying ****.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back