No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

The Simpsons GIF

Couldn't happen to a better club. 😆

The blues are my flag favourites. I know Sydney have looked great and beat Carlton handily but I’d be surprised if they don’t both end up top two. Win their QFs and they’ll be opposite sides of the draw and potentially meet in the GF. If that happens I’d have Carlton every day of the week and twice on Sundays on the MCG.

Sydney’s midfield are great, but Carlton have stars on every line not just in the middle. If they stay fit and healthy then $5-$6 for the flag looks enormous.

Hawkins may be out for a while with that foot injury…. 5 weeks could be good!
Have you seen him play this year, I prefer he plays as they are playing one man down each week, he is cooked.

Is it a sacrilege that I turned on the Storm game? I was an inaugural Storm member and even went to Sydney to see them win their first premiership. (Please note the use of 'their' instead of 'our'.)

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Great decision. I liked the 20+ minutes start of the crap AFL game. By the time the Storm game started Geelong were dead and buried. The Storm game was brilliant.

The half time intervals were coincidental but with 3 minutes to go the AFL game dragged on another 5 minutes, whilst the NRL game ended in a timely fashion.

I'm convinced now that AFL games are just a front for gambling adverts.

The blues are my flag favourites. I know Sydney have looked great and beat Carlton handily but I’d be surprised if they don’t both end up top two. Win their QFs and they’ll be opposite sides of the draw and potentially meet in the GF. If that happens I’d have Carlton every day of the week and twice on Sundays on the MCG.

Sydney’s midfield are great, but Carlton have stars on every line not just in the middle. If they stay fit and healthy then $5-$6 for the flag looks enormous.
If we aren't there (as expected), my kingdom for another Swans grand final defeat.

Carlton are insufferable when they win, unfortunately don't see an end to it anytime soon

It's like they think we've all forgotten how s*** they've been for 20 years and that people don't fear them anymore. The aura is gone. They're just not that 'big club' now and I know that burns their supporters up.

They're like that bully that gets confronted and belted up and every time you see them after that you just pat them on the head with a sense of pity.

Having said all that, if it's Swans v Blues GF, I'll be riding a Swans loss so so hard, even more so the free kick count.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we aren't there (as expected), my kingdom for another Swans grand final defeat.
Not sure why it's expected the dogs miss out.

Most of that "daunting" run home looks fairly winnable. Carltank and Sydney the hardest by some distance. Port the next hardest and they look fairly poor.

Geelong and Melbourne are listless and the plastics inconsistent. Thumped them in Sydney so I'd expect to win that anyway.

Not sure why it's expected the dogs miss out.

Most of that "daunting" run home looks fairly winnable. Carltank and Sydney the hardest by some distance. Port the next hardest and they look fairly poor.

Geelong and Melbourne are listless and the plastics inconsistent. Thumped them in Sydney so I'd expect to win that anyway.
We're paying $15 at the bookies to make the grand final. Even if you think that's overs, we're by a large margin more expected to finish anywhere from 3rd down than to make the big dance.

We're paying $15 at the bookies to make the grand final. Even if you think that's overs, we're by a large margin more expected to finish anywhere from 3rd down than to make the big dance.
Where did I mention the grand final. That's a stretch from what I wrote.

Seems some miscommunication ... I was talking about just making finals

Had us in 4th if Collingwood lost their last game or 5th if they didn't... playing Freo and then Essendope haha. Same losses as you.

It's impossible to predict this year..

It is. I can see us going unbeaten into the finals, on the flip side, we could also just as easily go all Jekyll and Hyde again and turn in some unexpected stinkers. Hope not and think it's far less likely now, but who knows?

It is. I can see us going unbeaten into the finals, on the flip side, we could also just as easily go all Jekyll and Hyde again and turn in some unexpected stinkers. Hope not and think it's far less likely now, but who knows?
We did just 2 weeks ago. Would be well on our way if we won that

Dude, you were responding directly to me. I said we weren't expected to be there for the grand final.
Hence why I said I misread..

In any case, this season is wildly unpredictable so I wouldn't rule anything in or out.

Only a few weeks ago Carltank was only winning because they kicked straight or they'd be beaten comfortably (essendope game for example)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back