Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 115 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 309 72.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2023

AFL Coaches - Leading prior to injury ✅
ALL AUS - ✅ - Rover
BROWNLOW - Leading prior to injury✅
PREMIERSHIP - ✅
NORM - ❌ 3rd in voting
GARY AYRES - Missed a game due to injury so not relevant
MVP - Assume leading like other 2 main awards prior to injury ✅

Was 2017 Dusty’s 2nd season in the AFL or was it his 8th.

I think by GOATcos’ 8th season he would of fully met your lists criteria probably 3 or 4 times
So he made the All Australian team and was part of a premiership team. I'd expect a bit more from the 'clear best player in the competition'.

They are still obsessed ! Not sure why Carlton folk are so invested in him as you stated. No other fan base is really in here commenting apart from Carlton.

It has to be jealousy I suppose? No other reason why really ?
Wouldn't be much fun if all the pies supporters in here were circle jerking over their superstar and no one else was here

They are still obsessed ! Not sure why Carlton folk are so invested in him as you stated. No other fan base is really in here commenting apart from Carlton.

It has to be jealousy I suppose? No other reason why really ?
They haven't had a decent F/S this century

And here we are with a potential GOAT falling right into our lap

Plus his AA brother who no one bothers talking about, a gun in his own right

Throw in Moore and you can see how it hurts

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Also need to factor in the fact he wouldn't have been playing at the time had those games not been Preliminary/Grand Finals.

Interesting the comparison is with Martin, as we've seen how quickly his performance drops off when he's not 100% fit...
2018 prelim says hello.

The main difference is Martin was 26-27 or so when he did this. Daicos is in his third year and Martin was no where near Daicos at similar stage of their careers.
You don't need to factor age into a discussion about being the clear best player in the comp. Sounds like an argument for for clear best player that is in his third year, however. Which rules Martin out, suffer in ya jocks everyone ever associated with Richmond!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

40 possessions and about 15 clearances today but even Fox were trying to downplay his game because his disposal efficiency was down from his usual high standards.

Nick can’t win but his team sure can 😄
11 clangers today. It was a good game not a great game

Back