Prediction Harry Sheezel - Can he be the GOAT?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it’s pretty crazy that the player with the greatest finals records ever and greatest singular season ever and also is 8th all time total career Brownlow votes isn’t allowed to get a mention.

I also think people don’t understand the difference between greatest (which implies success and achievements) and best. As you mentioned GAS I’ll use him. Is he one of the best players of all time, yep even top 4 by me. However is he one of the greatest when you look at his achievements? I’d honestly struggle to put him in the top 10.

No Flag from 4 GFs, not a legend, 1 B&F, only 3 Coleman’s, No Brownlow (which matters because Lockett has one as a fwd)

Being in the TOC albeit the bench is super impressive and prevents him from dropping below top 15 imo.

I’m not having a go that’s just what it is. I think I’m actually being pretty fair with this but I’m expecting a laughing emoji from Fadge and Cats supporters on here anyway.

Having 6 more successful footballers in his own family pretty much rules GAS out I would have thought. :)

Having 6 more successful footballers in his own family pretty much rules GAS out I would have thought. :)

Haha but for real.

Between the two Abletts 2-6 GF record is a poor return. It’s my firm belief that you need a positive W/L record in GFs to be the GOAT.

Think about it, could you really say so and so is the GOAT but he gets beaten most of the time (or even every time) in the most important game of the year. Sounds stupid.

He also had a better debut season then Daicos. He is so young still as well. He has gone to another level this season, not hard to see why as the kid is as professional as they come along with his unreal skill set.

He also had a better debut season then Daicos. He is so young still as well. He has gone to another level this season, not hard to see why as the kid is as professional as they come along with his unreal skill set.
Was a bit of a nothing game on the weekend. Game high disposals without much impact (only 3 SI) and a couple nice moments and a couple of blunders that cost goals. A good example of how racking up stats in the back half is over rated.

Much better debut season compared to Nicki, and a year younger

Will improve output as your side gets stronger

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except Daicos was the Brownlow Medal favourite by this round in his second season.

I notice you can still get $170 about Sheezel - you guys had better snap those odds up quickly.... surely those odds won't last long!

Sheezel still has him covered by age, essentially this is Sheezel's first season compared to Nicki 😉

Except Daicos was the Brownlow Medal favourite by this round in his second season.

I notice you can still get $170 about Sheezel - you guys had better snap those odds up quickly.... surely those odds won't last long!

Yeah, imagine that. A team near the top of the ladder getting more votes than a team at the bottom of the ladder. I wonder if it was the first time that ever happened.

And a player in that team being the focus of the media every-single-week, vs a player getting almost zero focus because literally noone cares about that team.

What are the odds ?!?!

The simple, uncomfortable truth is, Daicos at the Roos would be nowhere as good. Sheezel at the Pies would have won the Brownlow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back