News New Geelong logos

Remove this Banner Ad

The Cat logo has really grown on me and I quite like it. And that is coming from a bit of an old traditionalist fuddy duddy.
Geelong2008Logo1.jpg

The Cat logo has really grown on me and I quite like it. And that is coming from a bit of an old traditionalist fuddy duddy.
Geelong2008Logo1.jpg

Could someone please confirm if this ^^^ logo is the current GFC logo, please?

I thought the Stalking Cat had replaced the Cat's Face logo - below?

Cat's Face - Logo-1-Larger.jpg

They use them for different things.

The top one is for corporate and merch geared more towards us older types, the bottom one is more for kids and general use.
I have the bottom one on my set of lawn bowls :thumbsu:

They use them for different things.

The top one is for corporate and merch geared more towards us older types, the bottom one is more for kids and general use.

I don't think that's the reason Kris, forgive me.

The home guernsey has the stalking cat, as does the away guernsey. All the coaching staff have the stalking cat on their training gear, jackets, trackies etc.

All the 2014 players' guernseys and training strips have the Stalking Cat.

I don't think that's the reason Kris, forgive me.

The home guernsey has the stalking cat, as does the away guernsey. All the coaching staff have the stalking cat on their training gear, jackets, trackies etc.

All the 2014 players' guernseys and training strips have the Stalking Cat.

Well consider this. The player gear is in the corporate grouping as far as i'm concerned. That's except for the clash guernsey, which has the cat face. And let's be honest, most team's clash/alternate gear is designed to appeal to kids for the most part.

Having said all this, what I can tell you is that what I said is essentially the word from the club.

Well consider this. The player gear is in the corporate grouping as far as i'm concerned. That's except for the clash guernsey, which has the cat face. And let's be honest, most team's clash/alternate gear is designed to appeal to kids for the most part.

Having said all this, what I can tell you is that what I said is essentially the word from the club.

The Away guernsey + all the training guernseys, trackies, t'shirts in powder blue, ALL have the Stalking Cat logo.
Only a few of the old merchandise has the cat's face. 2014 is the Year of the Stalking Cat, all they 'new' gear has the Stalking Cat.

The Away guernsey + all the training guernseys, trackies, t'shirts in powder blue, ALL have the Stalking Cat logo.
Only a few of the old merchandise has the cat's face. 2014 is the Year of the Stalking Cat, all they 'new' gear has the Stalking Cat.
Not correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VC , having a quick look at the website it appears Kitty is right. I really cant see anything labelled 2014 with the CatFace on it. Even the training top has the Stalker n different colours. Can you find an example of it still being used?
SJ posted the guernsey a while back with the cat face on it for 2014.

I'm glad they are keeping it. Kids like it.
I like the other cat though.

VC , having a quick look at the website it appears Kitty is right. I really cant see anything labelled 2014 with the CatFace on it. Even the training top has the Stalker n different colours. Can you find an example of it still being used?
Found it

Turns out I went too early.

Someone gave the thing a tramp stamp.
4.jpg

Apparently according to a letter that went out from the club in 2007, the stalking cat was to be used on the jumper and official correspondence, whilst the other design was for general marketing. I dont know that anything has changed.

Apparently according to a letter that went out from the club in 2007, the stalking cat was to be used on the jumper and official correspondence, whilst the other design was for general marketing. I dont know that anything has changed.

It does seem the stalking Cat is appearing on a lot more merch.

That emblem is still there, I was at the club on Monday.

I can't stand the cat face - I think it's ugly, childish and too Americanised (looks like a poor quality NFL/NBA logo).

However the 'stalking cat' is my favourite logo we've had since the classic VFL cat of the early '90s. I'd gladly buy all types of merchandise with that logo, and I'm happy to see it on our guernseys.

I don't mind the cat face logo, but what I don't understand is why we need two logos in the first place. Really baffles me.

The other thing that annoys me is still the fact that the club changed our title from Geelong Football Club to Geelong Cats, it's only a small thing but why the hell do it?

That is the exact point speedybundy (always good with soda and ice) why did they change and why in secret that is members were not included in the decision. Our great 2007 premiership was then celebrated and still is with the new logo not the one that we won it in. And why change the name. Rearranging history, distracting us eg our debt is about the same as it was in $s, not real $s, as it was in 1999 and for the same reason that is the stand

I don't mind the cat face logo, but what I don't understand is why we need two logos in the first place. Really baffles me.

The other thing that annoys me is still the fact that the club changed our title from Geelong Football Club to Geelong Cats, it's only a small thing but why the hell do it?

It was all a little bit inconvenient.

We dominated the 2007 season like no one else ever, our existing logo was everywhere in a positive light for six months. Then five minutes after we won the flag, it's gone and replaced by two new ones.

I am pretty sure even the 2007 finals DVD pack had the 2008 logo on the front.

The name change was to do with the global financial crisis... or GFC.

I believe anyway...

To avoid the negativity/confusion we changed official to Geelong Cats and since haven't had the GFC listed in association to us

Remove this Banner Ad

News New Geelong logos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back