B: Farmer, Thursty, Moore
HB: Edwards, McGuane, Newman
C: Cotchin, Jackson, Cousins
HF: Nahas, Riewoldt, Tambling
FF: Morton, Polak, Roberts
Foll: Simmonds, Deledio, Martin

INT: Gourdis, Nason, Taylor, Connors, Vickery, Browne, Thomson, Hislop

Astbury has an ankle issue.

The writing is on the wall after Browne apparently played a far better game than Gus last week. He's fallen right to the bottom of the pile it seems.

i think goose is alot "cleaner" with the ball then what browne is, i would rather see angus out there then andy browne, matty dea deserves another go

Here are the named sides for this week.
Richmond must see something in Benny Nason as he has been named in every game bar the one he was injured in.

RICHMOND v ESSENDON
Richmond
2. Will Thursfield, 3. Brett Deledio, 5. Troy Simmonds, 6. Graham Polak, 8. Jack Riewoldt, 9. Trent Cotchin, 10. Shane Edwards, 15. Mitch Farmer, 16. Luke McGuane, 17. Chris Newman, 19. Daniel Connors, 20. Mitch Morton, 23. Daniel Jackson, 26. Robin Nahas, 27. Tom Hislop, 29. Tyrone Vickery, 30. Richard Tambling, 31. Adam Thomson, 32. Ben Cousins, 33. David Gourdis, 34. Andrew Browne, 36. Dustin Martin, 40. Kel Moore, 44. Troy Taylor, 47. Ben Nason, 50. Relton Roberts
Looks like the rookie battle has come down to Polak and either Gourdis or Roberts.

Regarding the likes of Post Graham Rance and co not getting named this weekend, I wouldn't be reading too much into it, IIRC they have all played the first 3 games so would be having their break.

For mine I reckon we'll line up as follows:
B: Farmer Thursfield Moore
HB: Newman McGuane Edwards
C: Tambling Jackson Cotchin
HF: Cousins Riewoldt Morton
F: Nahas Polak Hislop
R: Simmonds Deledio Martin
Inter from: Connors Vickery Thomson Gourdis Browne Taylor Nason Roberts

From memory, Gourdis has been named in the last two matches, but hasn't played?

Wonder if he will line up this week for possibly close to a full game? If Post is not named, then hopefully that may be the case.

My guess, Gus is likely being punished for a couple of very weak spoiling efforts last week.

I hope Browne does well, but I imagine he would really struggle at this point when playing on big grounds. Great tap ruckman, but bit of a sluggish mover.

i was really looking foward to seeing matt dea have another go, he would have loved to play considering he use to barrack for essendon ew i know! lol, wish goose was playing, not really likeing andy browne at the moment but he might go alright, abit slow but i guess most ruckmans are, good to see simmo tho, could posibily win this! consider newman,deledio,cotch,jackson ect are back in action cant wait for it!

Looks like the rookie battle has come down to Polak and either Gourdis or Roberts.

Regarding the likes of Post Graham Rance and co not getting named this weekend, I wouldn't be reading too much into it, IIRC they have all played the first 3 games so would be having their break.

For mine I reckon we'll line up as follows:
B: Farmer Thursfield Moore
HB: Newman McGuane Edwards
C: Tambling Jackson Cotchin
HF: Cousins Riewoldt Morton
R: Simmonds Deledio Martin
Inter from: Connors Vickery Thomson Gourdis Browne Taylor Nason Roberts
None of those Gus , Rance or Post played at yea ?

Live coverage of the match can be followed on richmondfc.com.au via a live blog from 3.15pm.

Does anyone know who'll be writing the live blog.

Great to see we're evolving with the times.

I reckon we'll line up as follows:
B: Farmer Thursfield Gourdis
HB: Connors McGuane Edwards
C: Newman Thompson Deledio
HF: Taylor Riewoldt Morton
R: Simmonds Cotchin Martin
Inter from: Vickery Jackson Moore Browne Bling Nason Roberts Cousins(won't play)

Battles for games rnd 1 within the game :
Jackson - Thompson
Gourdis - Moore
Edwards - Bling - Newman - Connors
Brown - Vickery
Nason - Roberts - Taylor - Hislop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Making the trip to Morwell tomorrow. Haven't been there for some time, hopefully things have improved. ;)

I'll be writing a match report when I get back but was just wondering if there is anything anyone wanted me to keep a close eye on. I realise most of you won't be at the game so I would be happy to oblige. :thumbsu:

Two things for me deledio7 if possible;

- Inside 50 entry and how Polak goes specifically. Does he get the main defender?
- Centre clearances.

Ta.

Live coverage of the match can be followed on richmondfc.com.au via a live blog from 3.15pm.

Does anyone know who'll be writing the live blog.

Great to see we're evolving with the times.

Is the essendon website showing a live video stream of the game like they did about 4 years ago?

Blogs are crap Imo.

Making the trip to Morwell tomorrow. Haven't been there for some time, hopefully things have improved. ;)

I'll be writing a match report when I get back but was just wondering if there is anything anyone wanted me to keep a close eye on. I realise most of you won't be at the game so I would be happy to oblige. :thumbsu:

Wish I could go too lids but I've got a bad back atm*sciatica* so I can't go for long drives it's just too painful....:(

Two things for me deledio7 if possible;

- Inside 50 entry and how Polak goes specifically. Does he get the main defender?
- Centre clearances.

Ta.
No worries. I'm interested at our forward line structure so I will definitely keep an eye on Polly.
Wish I could go too lids but I've got a bad back atm*sciatica* so I can't go for long drives it's just too painful....:(

That sucks dude. I got it a few years ago after watching Bathurst all day and the pain is unreal. Hope you feel better soon.

No worries. I'm interested at our forward line structure so I will definitely keep an eye on Polly.

That sucks dude. I got it a few years ago after watching Bathurst all day and the pain is unreal. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks lids I'm trying everything I can to get rid of it.

deledio7, I'd like you to go to town on Lids. We all know the level of talent this guy has, but there is something holding him back. Maybe it's his confidence, maybe he doesn't understand how good he could be. Is it the tag that we know he's had issues with before?

The other thing for me is Gourdis. I like him a lot, and reackon he's a massive addition to the side having seen him with Coburg and against the Hawks.

Thanks mate, have a good drive, and a good game.

I reckon we'll line up as follows:
B: Farmer Thursfield Gourdis
HB: Connors McGuane Edwards
C: Newman Thompson Deledio
HF: Taylor Riewoldt Morton
R: Simmonds Cotchin Martin
Inter from: Vickery Jackson Moore Browne Bling Nason Roberts Cousins

If only Astbury and Griffiths were fit and playing these games too. These 2 and Post are 3 key players for our future :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Nab Challenge 4 vs Essendon Morwell 3.30 sat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back