Traded Jack Steven [traded to Geelong for #58]

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't see what St Kilda get out of letting him go for pick 57. Can't really see them being able to get any of their targets for that pick.

I know there is a thought that he'd retire if he doesn't get the move. Maybe Saints will be good guys and say "you've given us 10 good years, we don't want you to have to retire so here's you're move" but they'd be well in their right to ask for 36 or keep him to his contract. Theres really no difference to the Saints whether he retires or plays for Geelong

I think it depends on the $$ i think Geelong would only offer 36 if stk pay some of his 800k for next year. Try and pass that pick to syd for jones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steven's trade value just went up, Cats will be desperate to fix the massive hole that Kelly will leave behind.

Saints should be asking for Pick 24/Eagles future 1st 2020.
You talk the most unhinged shit about Geelong. Show us where we hurt you.

Only looking for the outside in.

Traded or not, Stevens may not play next year due to medical health issues.
There would be a large number of AFL players battling with mental health issues. Jack isn't the only one.

Have a listen to Adam Treloar speak about his issues. He was at breaking point and said he was relieved to have done his hamstring when he did last year. For every Mitch Clark there would be plenty more who get through the dark times and get back to a normal life.

He took a fair chunk of time off last year to get himself right. He's doing all the right things, finished off the year playing footy and said to be doing very well.

I'll be amazed if he isn't playing footy next year.

Last edited:
There would be a large number of AFL players battling with mental health issues. Jack isn't the only one.

Have a listen to Adam Treloar speak about his issues. He was at breaking point and said he was relieved to have done his hamstring when he did last year. For every Mitch Clark there would be plenty more who get through the dark times and get back to a normal life.

He took a fair chunk of time off last year to get himself right. He's doing all the right things, finished off the year playing footy and said to be doing very well.

I'll be amazed if he isn't playing footy next year.

I agree...youre still not getting a R1 for him that ship sailed last year.

Okay...

I not once suggested we would. Even on page one of this thread I said he's worth a 2nd rounder and my opinion hasn't changed.

Sorry mate must have been confusing you with another poster. My apologies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jack Steven [traded to Geelong for #58]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back