Heritage Guernseys - the best and the worst

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawthorn guernsey was a shock, but they did alright by the jumper. I notice that the Bulldogs had no objection to it. Very sensible attitude.

Why do people hate Port's so much? Is it cool to bag them?

Adelaide - looked good, but they have no heritage, why would they wear a SA state guernsey? might as well give that jumper to port next year (or wait, didn't they have something similar last year)?

Brisbane - nice, the old fitzroy jumper is a classic. they should go with the '96 one though.

Carlton - not much difference, thats the jumper they wore in '97, so doesn't look classic at all.

collingwood - brilliant jumper, ********s all over their current guernsey. Bring it back I say.

essendon - what can you say? same old, thinner stripe...

freo - good jumper, the umpires had to wear orange though instead of traditional white in their game.

Geelong - the thinner stripes work well. I like it.

Hawks - Probably the worst jumper. however, good to see us allow it to be worn. unlike the pies, who rob port of their jailbar jumper.

Melbourne - Not bad, not great either.

North - the royal blue looks pretty good.

Port - unfairly bagged. not the best jumper but still better than the hawks.

tigers - yawn. At least put up something instead of printed lace ups.

saints - didn't really look like a heritage jumper, the cuffs were black and that ruined its look IMO.

sydney - pretty good.

west coast - they should use this as their home jumper, much better than the disgrace they wear now at home.

dogs - pretty good, i like it better than the current one with the dog on the front.

Wasnt the verticle strips on both sides on the hawk jumper suppose to replicate the braces they wore?

How hopeless. I liked the Port jumper, reminds me of the Pumas (Argentinian Rugby team) and the Sydney one i wish they would wear that instead of current one.

Would have liked more effort by the bombers. Maybe next year they can use the red shorts?

The collingwood one actually reminded me why i hate collingwood so much, As in thats what they wore when i was growing up.

The eagles one was nice as well.

PAFC2004 said:
Absolute garbage. They had no right to wear a state guernsey. That is not part of their heritage.

Do you see other Victorians claiming that North Melbourne was wearing a modifying version of the Victorian State Jumper?

Get a life...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PAFC2004 said:
Absolute garbage. They had no right to wear a state guernsey. That is not part of their heritage.

I think you have the words "heritage" and "history" confused.

Heritage is where you come from.

History is what you did some time ago.

The jumper that the Crows wore is not any part of Crows history, but nevertheless it does accurately reflect the Crows heritage.

We should wear todays jumper all the time. Don't know why our socks didn't have the 2 hoops in the middle. :confused:

eddiesmith said:
They wore it against the Hawks didnt they earlier this year? And they played like the old Fitzroy team did :p

That was the same top they wore this weekend! The most recent Fitzroy top is the red/royal blue with the yellow monogram.

The Fitzroy one the Lions wear is maroon/navy blue with a white monogram!

I loved the eagles jumper. Looked great with the old logo and the old club song belting out.

The worst had to be the hawks, looked too much like the bulldogs

now that we have had some clubs with their second or third version of a so-called 'heritage guernsey'..............what is likely to happen over the next 3,4,5,10 or 20 years with this gimmick of a concept.

do clubs all have

1) their 'official jumper
2) their AFL mandated alternate jumper
3) their 2nd or 3rd alternate jumper eg: Kangaroos
4) their original 'heritage' jumper
5) their change of heritage jumper eg: Hawks today

is turning into a freaking circus.................

& no real benefit to the game IMO with all this heritage nonsense.

just another trumped-up 'concept' by some First Year Marketing student doing work experience at the AFL.

get rid of it.

The biggest joke is that some clubs couldn't wear their prefered heritage jumper this time around!!

Talk about a joke............. Collingwood and its precious colours are a joke and the fact they think they are the only club in the world who own the right to wear black and white.

Mean Machine said:
The biggest joke is that some clubs couldn't wear their prefered heritage jumper this time around!!

my point exactly....................

WTF was that all about? Is it supposed to be a true 'heritage' round or do we just have clubs invent colours when it suits them?

absolutely ********arsed.

:mad:

PAFC2004 said:

The crows were formed from the SAFL clubs push into the AFL, they had every right to wear that jumper IMO.

On the jumpers, Colingwood and Carlton were the best ones.
Worst: Ports, anything with plae blue shouldn't be worn on a AFL ground, save that for the NBA

VANDA said:
my point exactly....................

WTF was that all about? Is it supposed to be a true 'heritage' round or do we just have clubs invent colours when it suits them?

absolutely ********arsed.

:mad:

I'm not claiming that port own the colours but the fact is that the club has worn and continue to wear those colours in the SANFL. The design is totally different to collingwoods as the port jumper has the jail bar design on the front.

You want to promote heritage and bring in the fans, then stop all the crap politics being played by the AFL heavies. AND FIX THE STUPID TRIBUNAL UP AT THE SAME TIME!

Remove this Banner Ad

Heritage Guernseys - the best and the worst

Remove this Banner Ad

Back