Hawthorn V Fremantle - Who do you want to win?

Who do you want to win

• Hawthorn

Votes: 195 31.5%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 425 68.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I imagine most neutrals will be going for the Dockers ( apart from WC fans though that is ! )

I always like the underdog.

Well in that case, you had better start supporting the Hawks as the media seem to have persuaded the general public that the purple ferals are going to win.

I went into the city and there were 2 types of footballs for sale, Fremantle ones and Essendon ones. They were all flat, but for one, a Freo one was pumped up. I bought it. Freo all the way, if I wasn't working duing the GF I'd go in after the game

77f645fe1552ab5556edf8ae05620054.jpg

If you live outside of WA, how many Docker supporters do you know? somewhere between none and bugger all, so for a neutral, a Freo win causes no pain, whereas, particularly in Vic, most people know several Hawthorn supporters, and they have most likely given them some shit that they know will come back to haunt them in the event of a Hawk win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fremantle.

Potential for first flag - Laughing stock for many years, would be a great turnaround.

Senior players - Pav, McPharlin, Johnson, Sandilands - deserve it after sticking by the club the many years they were crap.

Heck, I'd even like to see Dawson win a flag just to stick it up the haters. Crowley and Ballantyne - absolute w***ers but no team is full of angels

Hawthorn have always been spoilt for success and act accordingly. Al Clarkson has anger management issues. Luke Hodge and maybe Brian Lake are the only ones I have any time for.

I dont care if Ross Lyon's 'brand' is a blight on the game (and the man is a complete tool), so was Sydney's and I bet most of us cheered them home for their first flag in 70-odd years. FWIW Freo play more attractive footy than that Sydney team ever did.

What I want to happen - Tight tussle with Freo just prevailing

What I predict wil happen...

Even game until half time and then the Hawks will bust it open in the 3rd quarter - establish a handy lead and hold it for the rest of the game - win by 4-5 goals.

I think ive swayed. At first I've wanted Freo to do well for other members of my family. But the thought of actively supporting Freo in a game is starting to make me sick. I just can't do it. And I can't just sit and watch a grand final as a neutral - need to jump on board and cheer someone along for the day.

Go Hawks!

Surprised so many cats fans want freo to win, after the last 5 years of games against hawthorn I've grown to respect them massively, love the sort of football they play, certainly more than freo. Plus would much rather see guys like brad sewell have 2 medals and crowley 0.

With no disrespect, I'm guessing you must be on L's or thereabouts.

Want Freo to win. Would like them to win in purple jumper and with their old "Freo heave-ho" tune echoing around the MCG, but that's life. Would also like to see a GF decided, one way or another (preferably by a Freo goal or a Hawks miss) by an after-the-siren, on-the-siren, or during-the-siren kick.

The Teams are in and it's going to be wet and windy apparently, but this is Melbourne so who knows?
Saturday 28 September

Summary
showers.png

Min 10
Max 16
A few showers clearing. Windy.
Chance of any rain: 50%
rain_50.gif

Rainfall amount: 0 to 3 mm
Melbourne area

Partly cloudy. Scattered showers, contracting to southern and eastern suburbs in the early afternoon then clearing late in the day. Winds north to northwesterly 30 to 40 km/h tending westerly 40 to 60 km/h in the morning then easing to about 30 km/h late in the afternoon.

Fremantle should win, something extraordinary would have to happen for the Dockers to lose this game, maybe the coach will leave Pavlich on the bench for the entire last QTR? Sandilands is in exceptional form and the Dockers will shutdown the Hawks big guns.

Who loses most from this result? Lyon 4 time loser or Clarkson 2 in a row?
If Lyon loses the love fest will continue (god knows why?)
If Clarkson loses does he pack it in and go to West Coast?

Hawthorn.
As a Geelong supporter with a soft spot for Freo over the years, that is no easy thing to say, but Ross Lyon's "smotherball" tactics are ruining the game.

I want Freo to win, i"ve backed them for a stack as i did when they beat the Cats 2 weeks ago, they are overs when it comes to the odds. All the numbers are nearly the same as last year when the hawks were beaten by the swans, in modern day AFL history this will mark the 6th time that the competitions number 1 ranked defense takes on the number 1 ranked attack, the record reads an imposing 5-0 in favor of the top defense. The last 4 times the number 1 defense was matched up with the best attack in a grand final the defense unit has held sway by an average of 7 goals, and in each of those games it was an interstate team.

In grand final history this will be the 12th time interstate teams have faced off against Victorian teams, the record is 8-3 in favor of iterstate team.

The key to beating the hawks is pressuring the ball carrier and allowing them as few uncontested marks as possible. Freo are good at doing both. Mayne laid 13 tackles against Sdney last week and Ballantyne 8, if the forwards can apply that amount of pressure again then it"s difficult for the backmen to remain poised. Sam Mitchell is another key to the game and I would expect Crowley to shut him down.

This Freo line-up is stronger than what Ross Lyon had at St Killda in the 2009-10 grand finals and he neary pinched a flag then, the talent to talent equation is more favorable for him this time and I would expect Freo to win this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn V Fremantle - Who do you want to win?

Back