News GMHBA Stadium Stage 5 Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

No idea why the project didn’t have Aussie steel in the first place. We should be one of the last countries needing to buy imported raw materials.

No idea why the project didn’t have Aussie steel in the first place. We should be one of the last countries needing to buy imported raw materials.

It's using predominantly Aussie product

“Stage five of the Kardinia Park redevelopment is on track to exceed its 91 per cent local content requirement, with up to 560 tonnes of locally fabricated steel used on the project.”

And this explains why they're incorporating imported steel into the build

The decision to import steel for the project came after the price of locally sourced steel rose by 44.6 per cent in the year to March 2022.

It's using predominantly Aussie product

“Stage five of the Kardinia Park redevelopment is on track to exceed its 91 per cent local content requirement, with up to 560 tonnes of locally fabricated steel used on the project.”

And this explains why they're incorporating imported steel into the build

The decision to import steel for the project came after the price of locally sourced steel rose by 44.6 per cent in the year to March 2022.
Not interested in copy paste excuses.
Cheaping out on foreign materials is unacceptable, and the millions of dollars, and thousands of hours it costs shows precisely why.

# Buy Australian Made ... lets all buy Australian made first if we can

From myself who is a farming family 😎
Yep! The 91% quote relates to “locally” as the Geelong area.

Raw materials sourced from the ground should be 100% from Australian soil.

Yep! The 91% quote relates to “locally” as the Geelong area.

Raw materials sourced from the ground should be 100% from Australian soil.
Most likely steel milled and rolled in China and fabricated in Australia still using Aussie Iron ore but coking from who knows where,I've used this steel before it can have hard spots soft spots and lamination.

Dear

Stage 5 represents an exciting opportunity for our members to experience a new premier stand at GMHBA stadium, that will take our total Stadium capacity to 40,000.

As construction projects across the country continue to deal with uncertain and challenging environments, including supply chain issues, the builder has now advised it is unable to meet the previously stated completion date for the Stage 5 project.

At this stage it is anticipated that the project is unlikely to be ready for any part of the 2023 AFL Season, as the builder ensures the delivery of a safe, quality, long term asset for the Geelong community.

The builder has now advised it anticipates the project to be fully completed by the end of 2023. The project’s stakeholders are prioritising work with the builder to determine the revised construction program and completion date.

Says Simon Kelleher, Chief Operating Officer of Geelong Football Club, “The Club is disappointed with the delays to the fifth stage of the Kardinia Park Stadium redevelopment project and that the builder is unable to meet the previously stated completion date.

“We will continue to work with the project’s stakeholders to understand a revised construction program and completion date, anticipated by the builder to now be by the end of 2023

“The Club will make additional seating available for general admission members during season 2023 at GMHBA Stadium with the reduced capacity now confirmed. We encourage all members to attend our two blockbuster home games at the MCG - Round 1 against Collingwood and Round 4 against Hawthorn on Easter Monday.”

Members will be provided with first access to the new stand once completed and further information will be provided as we get additional clarity during the year.

The $142M State Government funded project will be built over 4 levels and the new stand will include many new benefits to our members and fans:
  • Additional capacity for 14,000 fans including standing room for more than 2,000 fans;
  • Access to the Charles Brownlow and Reg Hickey Stand concourses, connecting members throughout the stadium;
  • 75% of seating undercover;
  • A new dining room with a seated capacity of 300 people;
  • Destination bars; and
  • A new northern entry plaza
Again, we thank our members for their ongoing Kardinia spirit, showing support and adaptability as we navigate these continued challenges.

It will be a big start to the season, with many reasons for our members and fans to be excited. Round 1 against Collingwood we want to see all our members and fans at the MCG as we strive to beat our all time home game attendance record with a 90,000 strong, Cats dominated crowd.

We are also excited to be back at GMHBA Stadium in Round 6 against the Sydney Swans, where we will unfurl the 2022 Premiership Flag in front of our Cats members and supporters.

sv4bzftas2ma1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's pretty s***t form that you guys haven't had a single bit of information about the first home game at GMHBA
Most other teams are selling tickets to their home games up to round 15.

Geelong have given their fans crickets to even an on sale date.
Not sure what you think sooking on this board is going to do

If I've said it once I've said it one hundred times: Scott has to bring Australian Made Steel into the team now! Enough with the overseas imports. When will he learn?
In fairness the only things I remember you saying a hundred times were how obsolete the game plan was under Chris Scott and that Geelong's imminent doom was set from playing 12 utilities over contested bulls like Parfitt. ;)

Most other teams are selling tickets to their home games up to round 15.

Geelong have given their fans crickets to even an on sale date.
Not really, tickets will just go on sale 2 weeks prior... As they did last year

Not sure what you think sooking on this board is going to do
I laughed at the whinge but trying to word it like it was unfair on us and he felt sorry for Cats fans.
It's a Swans fan, wanting tickets for their game here and frustrated they can't find info or get them yet.

Most of us here couldn't give a rats toss bag if a single Swan fan gets into the ground so we aren't really the best target audience 😂

I laughed at the whinge but trying to word it like it was unfair on us and he felt sorry for Cats fans.
It's a Swans fan, wanting tickets for their game here and frustrated they can't find info or get them yet.

Most of us here couldn't give a rats toss bag if a single Swan fan gets into the ground so we aren't really the best target audience 😂
It’s a strange stance for an opposition poster of the team that loss the grand final to be whinging that they will have a hard time getting tickets to a game where the club is unfurling their recent grand final flag at a stadium that is under construction with limited seating capacity

Yeah the sole focus of the club should be giving those opposition supporter of a grand finalist tickets to the game over their own supporters….sound logic

It’s a strange stance for an opposition poster of the team that loss the grand final to be whinging that they will have a hard time getting tickets to a game where the club is unfurling their recent grand final flag at a stadium that is under construction with limited seating capacity

Yeah the sole focus of the club should be giving those opposition supporter of a grand finalist tickets to the game over their own supporters….sound logic
Ask Sydney if they want another crack at us at the MCG.

Not really, tickets will just go on sale 2 weeks prior... As they did last year

Agree. This is standard practice at KP. It’s up to the stadium to decide when tickets go on sale. I think it’s the first time I’ve seen all tickets go on sale at MCG and Marvel until round 15 at once and so early. Can’t recall. Personally I think it’s overkill and should be staggered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

News GMHBA Stadium Stage 5 Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back