No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richmond offered 17+27 for Pick 11, their hubris at an all time high 🤣

" Fremantle was at the centre of conversations on day two, with the Dockers holding onto the valuable pick 21 to open proceedings. Hawthorn discussed packaging pick 23 and a future second-round pick to grab Fremantle's pick – the Hawks' future first-round pick was never offered as part of a deal, at all "

So much for a future firts form clickbait chasing journalist

Whoever came up with that garbage in the first place needs a reality check. If we were willing to trade 23 + a future first (likely pick 4 to 8) then we'd have just selected Johnson over Ward in the first place. Just laughable.

What does everyone think of North releasing merchandise featuring their number 1 draft pick?

Personally I reckon it's a bit much. The guy literally hasn't done anything at AFL level. I know they need to sell hope, but selling jumpers with his initials and number on them - not sure about that one.
Pathetic. They may as well have just framed a wooden spoon because that’s the only achievement it represents at this stage. I’d be trying to make as least fuss as possible if that was our club, and sell all the merch we like once he and the team had a bit of success.

What does everyone think of North releasing merchandise featuring their number 1 draft pick?
Probably closer to a flag than Carlton.

Yes it's a bit cringe right now but at least they are having a crack at getting some supporters up and going, and they deserve a lot of respect for getting out of debt without pokies. Wouldn't be surprised to see them up and about in a few years if they can keep their shit together.

It’s not as formidable as some of the English squads of the last 10-15 years, I’ll grant you. But last year we lost to the depleted Indian second string side that became a third string side at times due to further injuries. Our squad is nothing to gloat about and if Marnus and Smith don’t fire we are in deep strife.
That would be the same for any team though, if two of your top batsmen don't fire you are in trouble. It would be rare occurrence to lose a series at home to England, seeing they have only managed to do it 5 times in the last 100 years.

That would be the same for any team though, if two of your top batsmen don't fire you are in trouble. It would be rare occurrence to lose a series at home to England, seeing they have only managed to do it 5 times in the last 100 years.

Disagree - in the past if two of our top order failed you had multiple others in the top order who could rescue in the innings. Top orders like Taylor, Marsh, Boon, Waugh, Border - Taylor, Slater, Boon, Waugh, Waugh - Hayden, Langer, Ponting, Martyn, Clark, Hussey, Gilchrist and variations on these with other handy players along the way. Teams like this, which we had for decades, weren’t so heavily reliant on two batsmen. As it stands now - Warner is a flat track bully who has been slipping at test level. He’s going to be partnered by Harris or Khawaja who’ve never really clicked at international level. Same can be said about Head who has shown glimpses only. If Marnus or Smith don’t fire - or even worse if both don’t fire, then it opens us up to a rout.

I’m still getting increasingly confident now that Carey is in the side as I felt Paine was a weak batsmen, average keeper and woeful captain. I’ll be additionally confident should the selectors see sense and not pick Starc.

And the 5 times in 100 years stat isn’t any guarantee - we had a similarly amazing record against India at home, that didn’t stop them winning the last two series here including the embarrassing drubbing last summer.

Personally I reckon it's a bit much. The guy literally hasn't done anything at AFL level. I know they need to sell hope, but selling jumpers with his initials and number on them - not sure about that one.
Wouldn't be surprised if JHF is getting a big cut of the earnings from that. Probably done to help sell the club to the guy, as well as help pay for his family's life back home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably closer to a flag than Carlton.

Yes it's a bit cringe right now but at least they are having a crack at getting some supporters up and going, and they deserve a lot of respect for getting out of debt without pokies. Wouldn't be surprised to see them up and about in a few years if they can keep their sh*t together.
One man donated $10 mill to them - that is not good work just good luck

One man donated $10 mill to them - that is not good work just good luck

no different than how any other club operates - many rely on the goodwill of donors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back