Freo looking to trade in.

Remove this Banner Ad

That's correct. Always starts the 2nd Monday after the GF so that means that trade week will be the 10th-17th.

Well, that's just plain dumb. Trade week should be cut down, not extended. They should make it interesting by making it trade morning. It would be a frenzy of panic trades and then everyone could go to the pub and drown their sorrows and wonder WTF they just did.:eek:

Well, that's just plain dumb. Trade week should be cut down, not extended. They should make it interesting by making it trade morning. It would be a frenzy of panic trades and then everyone could go to the pub and drown their sorrows and wonder WTF they just did.:eek:

They've extended it to accomodate the GWS 17 year old caper

Josh Hill could be the player we need to play against small forwards. If we can pick him for nearly nothing. why not?

Love to get Coyler, and Jones.

Josh Hill was more of a Josh Hole in the backline. If I was playing against the Dogs I'd love to see my name lined up against his.

They've extended it to accomodate the GWS 17 year old caper
No, it was extended last year as well as people/clubs complained that they didn't have enough time to cut some deals, as well as the GC Uncontracted players.. In reality, they have enough time if they weren't being stubborn about trades. There should be no set trade week, it should be an open season from the weekend after the GF (Oct 8) til the National Draft.

Like Jones - not sure about Leon Davis.
The only way is if he still hasn't got a premiership medallion to his name next year.
Otherwise i don't reckon he'll have the fire to keep playing well week in week out!

Ok so let me get this straight. These are the following players who we are presumably getting in trade week.

Mitch Clarke
Leon Davis
Farren Ray
Brett Peake
Paul Bower
Brendan Fevola
Daniel Motlop
Leroy Jetta
Jacob Surjan
Cruize Gartlett

And let's not forget the other speculations

Jaeger O'Meara
Harley Bennel

My question is, how on Earth will we have enough room for all of these players let alone what we have to offer up to get even half of them.

It sure is the silly season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok so let me get this straight. These are the following players who we are presumably getting in trade week.

Mitch Clarke
Leon Davis
Farren Ray
Brett Peake
Paul Bower
Brendan Fevola
Daniel Motlop
Leroy Jetta
Jacob Surjan
Cruize Gartlett

Jaeger O'Meara
Harley Bennel

My question is, how on Earth will we have enough room for all of these players let alone what we have to offer up to get even half of them.

I whittled down the list for you

Mitch Clarke
Leon Davis
Farren Ray
Brett Peake
Paul Bower
Brendan Fevola
Daniel Motlop
Leroy Jetta
Jacob Surjan
Cruize Gartlett

Jaeger O'Meara
Harley Bennel

You forgot Zac Dawson & Clint Jones. :D

Do we try to trade peter Faulks or Jack Anthony for Bowers?
I think a small back pocket would be required somewhat more urgently than a key back.
If we can get Bowers for bugger all that would be great, but currently we have McPharlin, Silvagni, Anthony as key backs, with Grover and Faulks as spare.

Don't see a lot of replacements for Roger at the moment.

I think a small back pocket would be required somewhat more urgently than a key back.
If we can get Bowers for bugger all that would be great, but currently we have McPharlin, Silvagni, Anthony as key backs, with Grover and Faulks as spare.

Think they are looking at it a little further down the track, for when McPharlin and Grover retire. It doesn't look quite as healthy then. Not sure what they will do with Bradley or Anthony, but i imagine they will have a plan or a recruiting strategy for a small back which as you point out we appear to lack.

I reckon Jesse Crichton could become our small back pocket player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo looking to trade in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back