Freo looking to trade in.

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Josh Hill would be worth consideration. Has some serious talent. On the outer at the Dogs. I reckon Lyon could turn him into a dependable player. Let him run off half back Leon Davis style. Would be cheap as well.

Josh Hill could be the player we need to play against small forwards. If we can pick him for nearly nothing. why not?

Love to get Coyler, and Jones.

I think I'd rather have the extra space on the list to be honest, he was just terrible in the games I saw.

if we were going to chase a lock down defender, alan toovey would be the one. WA boy, said to be extremely close to malthouse... may be the chance we have to talk him in to coming home. would allow broughton to play midfield, reckon he would be the sort of player lyon would love as well. not sure how much he would cost though

I'd have him and trade out Ibbotson

I reckon Ross will give Ibbo at least one year. He could easily fill the Gilbert/Fisher role and may even be better equipped for it.

No doubt who the better player is at the moment but Ibbo's best game is a higher level than anything I've seen Gilbert produce.

Toovey or Goldsack would be good gets though. I'm not a Colyer or Hill fan. It'll be interesting to see if Davis gets any interest from us or them down the road.

Anyone else heard the talk about us swapping Michael Walters for Callum Wilson at West Coast?

Could be a win-win situation if true.

If history is any guide, trading between Freo and West Coast only results in the traded players becoming useless spuds. For the sake of their own futures, they should seriously consider not doing this trade.

Anyone else heard the talk about us swapping Michael Walters for Callum Wilson at West Coast?

i dont think freo and west coast should ever trade. too much bad blood, plus we could get wilson for free in the PSD/Draft anyhow so why trade for him?

Moo's drafting rule number 1 - never trade with a cross town rival.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't think we should look at Josh Hill. The soft types with questionable attitude rarely change their spots at a new club. I guess Lyon took Peake and probably thinks that went OK, seeing as he was playing almost every week. So maybe Lyon would be interested.

West Coast can have Colyer as well. He might have speed, but he also has atrocious disposal, we do not need those sorts at our club.

I really don't think we should look at Josh Hill. The soft types with questionable attitude rarely change their spots at a new club. I guess Lyon took Peake and probably thinks that went OK, seeing as he was playing almost every week. So maybe Lyon would be interested.

Lyon took Peake (despite knowing he was flawed) because they were desperately seeking outside pace and he came cheap.

I can't see him thinking we need Josh Hill's talents that badly that he'd overlook his flaws, which just happen to be the same flaws our list has always been accused of.

Clint Jones sounds like a far more realistic Lyon target - he'll also be fairly cheap but he actually brings something we've been missing since Crowls went downhill. Then again maybe his appraisal of Crowls was genuine and he thinks he can rejuvinate him in a more disciplined structure.

It's like that scene from "The Life of Brian" and we're the masses waiting outside Brian's window for him to open it.

I'm already loving the speculation.

I reckon we should go for Robert Murphy...he'll be happy to come to us...just what we need!

If there's one thing I've learned from recent trade weeks...it will be interesting.

On SEN this morning they mentioned that St Kilda are experiencing a salary cap squeeze, and floated possible targets for Lyon.... they mentioned Farren and Zac Dawson. Didnt name any sources so probably got it from this board.

You will think if Goddard goes to GWS this year as part of an O'Meara trade that would free up a bundle of cash for the 'Aints.

Goddard wont be going to GWS on a trade that would be crazy.
Why should GWS trade for him an have to give up something, when they can just sign him an let the AFL worry about giving something back to saints.
Also would work out alot better for saints that way

Goddard wont be going to GWS on a trade that would be crazy.
Why should GWS trade for him an have to give up something, when they can just sign him an let the AFL worry about giving something back to saints.
Also would work out alot better for saints that way

He's contracted till next year so if GWS want him now they'll have to trade.

And if Jaeger is as good as people say I think that would be a better result for the Saints than whatever compo the AFL would give them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo looking to trade in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back