For a change.....Carlton are waaaay over the odds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Im happy to be judged at 6pm on Saturday on wether I and this thread are stupid or not.

I for one am not going to call you wrong. Or right.

It's really tough to draw a line through Carlton's form this season, or Adelaide's for that matter.

This is (another) pivotal match. It's too easy for Carlton to say they Coulda Shoulda won all or some of the close losses. Contenders have to win at least 1/2 of the tight ones. Fail to do so and the time comes when the pretender tag sticks.

At the moment, I wouldn't be confident betting on any Carlton game. We are very erratic. And as such I believe we are constantly too short.

My thoughts exactly - until we can string a few wins together on the trot I am not confident in any game.

It also indicative of being a middle rung team (eg 6th-10th):

- You are only a few goals or good day off beating the higher teams.
- You are only a few goals or a bad day off losing to the lower teams.

I'd put this game at even money (or even slighty Adelaides way).

Im sorry, but am I in a time warp? is it 1995? What on earth have Carlton done to warrant $1.55 favoritism this week in Adelaide against the Crows? I know Adelaide have'nt been the best side so far but Carlton have no backline and one forward (who looks like he would rather masturbate with a chainsaw than play football at the moment).

I was ready to declare Essendon as the lay of the week for round 9.....We always have trouble with Richmond and they are going a lot better than their record suggests......But this continual flow of 'money for nothing' (backing against Carlton) is becoming far too easy to ignore.

Get on ASAP and let me know on here how you are going to spend your winnings.

By trying to be a smart @rse about making an anti Carlton thread, you have demontrated what a dill you are and that you know nothing about gambling. Your thread should be titled "Carlton way UNDER the odds".

The fact the bookie corporates opened Carlton at $1.55 and they now $1.65, would indicate that there has been very little support for them at the opening quote, which by the way reflects the opinion of the bookmaker only and not any weight of $, because no bets have been taken at that point of time.

As for the actual content of the post, although I am not a regular football punter, I never lay the odds on head to head in any sporting event, be it footy or racing.

Although I think the Blues have a good chance, points in would be the way to go if you must have a bet, as $1.95 at the line is even too short. For mine too many odds on chances go under to make it a long term value punting strategy.

On pure talent, Carlton should win by 20 goals. However, we are aware Adelaide will scrag us back to their level, so from that point of view, anything could happen.

It is people like you with opinions such as these that are going to make men like me a lot heavier in the wallet.

yep worst defence in the league, thats why we are ranked number 3 this season for our defence :)

And where are these rankings?

If you are going on scores against then surely you are aware of the impact that having a midfield of Judd, Gibbs, Murphy etc would have on that stat?

I would suggest that most if not all opposition sides would fancy themselves up forward when they look at Carlton's backline....provided they can get enough ball down there.

If Carlton are too short priced, and you know it, isn't this the best time to back Adelaide? If you think Carlton don't deserve to be favourites, back Adelaide and your laughing. Longish odds, for a good chance of winning, stupid not to do it. Actions speak louder than words :)

We always have trouble with Richmond and they are going a lot better than their record suggests......But this continual flow of 'money for nothing' (backing against Carlton) is becoming far too easy to ignore.

Carltons average losing score = 8
Richmonds average losing score = 29

Carltons has won 19 quarters
Richmond has won 10.

But Richmond are going alot better than their record suggests :confused:

Go figure....

If you compare the current odds to the original framed market you will see that the prices have remained rock solid. This makes the OP and many of the posts very strange in my opinion.

I am actually surprised Carlton hasn't shortened given that they should win this game.

Carltons average losing score = 8
Richmonds average losing score = 29

Carltons has won 19 quarters
Richmond has won 10.

But Richmond are going alot better than their record suggests :confused:

Go figure....

Richmond has basically thrown away their last 3 games so yeah i reckon their current form is a lot better than their record suggests.

Here's the thing ... Carlton are TOP Eight, not BOTTOM eight material as it stands now, and as such, we deserve to go in as favourites ...

Fact is, hard to see the Crows kicking an winning score against us, esp as right now they have an dysfunctioning foward line.

If our forward line is dysfunctioning, then what does that make Carlton's 1st quarter effort? Im expecting the Blues to bounce back here though!

A lot can happen, and we should be more in front, but a very good start by he boys! Hope they can continue with the pressure and put some more goals on the board!

Edit: that quarter was into a stiff breeze for us too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's the thing ... Carlton are TOP Eight, not BOTTOM eight material as it stands now, and as such, we deserve to go in as favourites ...

Fact is, hard to see the Crows kicking an winning score against us, esp as right now they have an dysfunctioning foward line.

Half time score
Carlton 0.5
Adelaide 8.6

In the BigFooty tipping I thought Adelaide at $2.30 was very juicy odds.

Thanks Adelaide, that win (along with Geel and North) should move me up from 34th up into about 20th right now.

I'm getting close enough to smell the $10,000. :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

For a change.....Carlton are waaaay over the odds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back