EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

In what was a lacklustre game today, Westy did enough to win. Game full of skill errors by both sides, Haddy, just a tad worse. Westy is going through a tough patch at the moment with form, sickness, and a few outs for various reasons, but getting the job done today will help. I full expect them to make finals now after today's win.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

In what was a lacklustre game today, Westy did enough to win. Game full of skill errors by both sides, Haddy, just a tad worse. Westy is going through a tough patch at the moment with form, sickness, and a few outs for various reasons, but getting the job done today will help. I full expect them to make finals now after today's win.

They're a good young energetic side mate. I don't think they will be in div 2 for long. I wish I could say the same about my mob.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haddy with both captain and vice captain out are arguably another 2-3 more of their top tier of players. Thought they were very spirited today and showed up Westmeadows for toughness around the footy. Westy were a bit spooked looking from afar and didn’t quite expect to be put under that much heat. In the end, their young legs and skill won out. Will make finals but still a long way off the top 2.

Miles off the top few Westy, get heaps of games into the kids to have any chance in the next 2 years to get back to Div 1 otherwise it will be Div 2 for a long whilst

Miles off the top few Westy, get heaps of games into the kids to have any chance in the next 2 years to get back to Div 1 otherwise it will be Div 2 for a long whilst
Agree, not up with the top 2, especially after the 2 games against BH and TL, and I only said after that win I expect them to now play finals never said we will win it or even win a final but when at there best can take it up to most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah agree with this. Perhaps the Saints may get over Sunbury…
They will at this rate. Almost 10 goals up. Very disappointing but not really surprised tbh. They are on a decline and I haven't seen a group of people so disinterested like this before. Waste of time coming down here.

East Sunbury will be absolutely licking their lips for next week.

Last edited:
Great day at the Cage today. I don't normally mention my boy and won't by name, but well played, son.

A really good game played very hard, but it was very fair great to watch. BH started well, but westy started to play the footy we know they can. Speed kills and our midget brigade went to work, and BH couldn't keep up. Both teams are hard at ball, but unfortunately, a BH and WM player both carted off with concussion. At different times, WM skills were a bit to be desired, but with the Captian Cappy and Stingle to come back in, they will help with that.
Backline stood up JP having an outstanding year leading from the front mids being led by young Sparks and the gun Evans is also having fine years. The coach would be rapt tonight, having watched injuries, and the flu ravaged the club over the last 3 weeks.
BH are a very good side hard but fair and will definitely shape the finals this year, good club.

Great day at the Cage today. I don't normally mention my boy and won't by name, but well played, son.

A really good game played very hard, but it was very fair great to watch. BH started well, but westy started to play the footy we know they can. Speed kills and our midget brigade went to work, and BH couldn't keep up. Both teams are hard at ball, but unfortunately, a BH and WM player both carted off with concussion. At different times, WM skills were a bit to be desired, but with the Captian Cappy and Stingle to come back in, they will help with that.
Backline stood up JP having an outstanding year leading from the front mids being led by young Sparks and the gun Evans is also having fine years. The coach would be rapt tonight, having watched injuries, and the flu ravaged the club over the last 3 weeks.
BH are a very good side hard but fair and will definitely shape the finals this year, good club.

Good to see some different results. Good review mate.

Good to see some different results. Good review mate.

Well done Westmeadows, lets hope they dont win the premiership, otherwise they will be back down in div 2 the following year.
The top 4 teams in Div 2 this year would be be bottom in Div 1 next year.
Westmeadows dont have the funds to go and recruit players to compete next year in Div 1. Taylors lakes, Burnside, CD do have the funds to go and recruit.

a couple of real upsets on the weekend by westy and CD I think more positives too west than CD as I thinks CD just pulled one out off the hat ,where westy have been more competitive each week . Westy are rebuilding on field and we can only hope they are working just as hard to rebuild off field as the last admin was full of bullsh*t and afraid to make hard calls on the finances

Remove this Banner Ad

Back