2nds David Mackay 2 goals 12 spuds

Remove this Banner Ad

I know exactly what you mean by Thommo. On the Eastern wing in the last I watched him do nothing as West Coast mids ran past him, he didn't even attempt to chase.

There was another on the half forward flank he failed to lay a shepherd, he just didn't even attempt to move to block the West Coast player.

I pray he doesn't play on as I don't like bagging him.

I think you're referring to a section of vision they showed on the Sunday Footy Show. When I saw it I just thought what the heck is that???!!!!

I know exactly what you mean by Thommo. On the Eastern wing in the last I watched him do nothing as West Coast mids ran past him, he didn't even attempt to chase.

There was another on the half forward flank he failed to lay a shepherd, he just didn't even attempt to move to block the West Coast player.

I pray he doesn't play on as I don't like bagging him.
Last sentence says it to a tee.

I am biting my tongue on Thommo because he has carried us for so long. Time to retire with dignity in tact. I fear he will be a whipping boy if he plays on.

It was a massive sense of dejavu watching him kick that point last night…Mackay runs past 50, keeps sprinting deeper into the pocket to make the angle as bad a possible annnnnnnd another close miss.

Pathetic list management.

YES! The one thing I was always taught as a lad, run towards the ******* center of the goals!

YES! The one thing I was always taught as a lad, run towards the ******* center of the goals!

Mackay has no lateral capabilities whatsoever. Changing direction or his speed is largely beyond him. Have you ever seen him stop or slow down and look left or right, draw a player, or work laterally to find time and space. See Dave run. Run, run, run. See Dave kick. Kick.

Mackay has no lateral capabilities whatsoever. Changing direction or his speed is largely beyond him. Have you ever seen him stop or slow down and look left or right, draw a player, or work laterally to find time and space. See Dave run. Run, run, run. See Dave kick. Kick.
Mackay is a liability. Our liability. The person we continually choose to range between forward mid and back. Can't wait for the next prototype for 2017.

I'll put this out there. Mackay is the only player that transitions lines. He does. Wether it's good or not we all know. Look what a player like Shaun Burgoyne did at the weekend when the Hawks needed him. Transitioned Lines and got the job done. David doesn't. Probably never will. But he's there. In the range of never quite.

David Mackay Drinking Game
  • Why isn't (insert players name here) playing ahead of Mackay
  • Run and carry, bomb to 50/50 contest
  • Look completely cooked chasing a player
  • Player breaks Mackay tackle
  • Mackay fails to break player tackle
  • Notice frame too small for AFL level football
  • Shake head at current contract
  • Miss clutch goal
  • Wheel around onto right foot to avoid non preferred
  • Mackay shanks ball in corridor, opposition scores (finish your drink)
Edit. Im in Bali for the first week of finals, if Mackay is playing. It's on.

David Mackay Drinking Game
  • Why isn't (insert players name here) playing ahead of Mackay
  • Run and carry, bomb to 50/50 contest
  • Look completely cooked chasing a player
  • Player breaks Mackay tackle
  • Mackay fails to break player tackle
  • Notice frame too small for AFL level football
  • Shake head at current contract
  • Miss clutch goal
  • Wheel around onto right foot to avoid non preferred
  • Mackay shanks ball in corridor, opposition scores (finish your drink)
Edit. Im in Bali for the first week of finals, if Mackay is playing. It's on.
You need to delete the 'Shake head at current contract' or you will be blind drunk in a matter of minutes, passed out and will wake up realising that you have been robbed of both your kidneys !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was watching a few vids on the Crows youtube channel. His missus will be close to be due to give birth. Any chance he misses due to the birth of his first child ?? One can only hope !! ;)

Also, anyone else excited at the prospect of a potential Dave Mackay father/son in 18 years time ??

They asked him how he rated his season;

".... Pretty good... I've played my role."

Not very confident.

"David, every week someone has to be the last player selected, do you think this is something you could achieve week in and week out?" "s**t yes Pykie, I promise I will not let you down. When they said you play everyone to their strengths, they were not kidding."

Maybe it's just me, but even D-Mack sounded like he knows he's been shithouse.
I just think he is a flat, timid, unexcitable personality…shows in his football frailties.

Get the cockiness of Riley Knight in the team asap…he actually believes he can win the big moments.

I just think he is a flat, timid, unexcitable personality…shows in his football frailties.

Get the cockiness of Riley Knight in the team asap…he actually believes he can win the big moments.

I think you're right - I felt the same listening to the interview.

Lots of umms and ahhhs, not a lot of conviction or spark or anything he said, and devoid of any confidence or cockiness - which you need in that role; see Smith, Atkins, or, as you say Knight.

I think you're right - I felt the same listening to the interview.

Lots of umms and ahhhs, not a lot of conviction or spark or anything he said, and devoid of any confidence or cockiness - which you need in that role; see Smith, Atkins, or, as you say Knight.

I actually worry we've beaten the cockiness out of Smith and Atkins, they both seem to have lost a bit of their spunk recently.

Worries me more with Tex than those two.

Him too for sure.

It seems like the Crowbots 2.0.

No passion just the game plan. Never diverge from the game plan. If the game plan isn't working you just need to work harder. You don't have any strengths or weaknesses, you are the Crowbots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back