Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Seriously. We all know this guy is a spud and getting games because we over reached on a dumb contract and need to appear to get some pay out.

But 2 goals 12 behinds for the year has to silence even the most adamant fanboi. What a composureless buffoon.

What kind of example does this panicky failure set for our myriad young guns coming through?

What does it say to them? Hold on for long enough and this club will gift you games because you've been here for long enough.

2 goals 12. Lol. Seriously adelaide?

Is that kind of performance what we want to present to the competition and to our supporters and to our young players coming through?

What kind of "elite habits" are we pretending we represent?

2 goals 12. Can't finish for s**t but is basically assured a game in our jumper

But, but, line breaking pace, precise footskills and endless run!

Pfffft. List clogger. Would not be getting games for any other top 7 side. Ever. It's ******* bemusing how he is continually selected over young talent like Wigg. In past years he was keeping the likes of Lyons and Atkins out of the side. They've both now "magically" moved well past him. The truth is they were never behind him. As 18 year old kids they were never behind him. He's s**t. When was the last time a game finished and in someone's summary of the game they remarked "Mackay was among Adelaide's best tonight". Literally once in 2016. Just heck off to the Dees D-Mac. Would take pick 40 and pay half your salary. Pea heart.

I would actually be happy even if the club accepted a draft pick downgrade just to get rid of Mackay and get his 400k contract off our books.

David McKay + pick 25 for pick 29

"start the car"

Ikea_mistake_m.jpg

The worst thing is, just like last week, and many others, he had the chance to really step up and kick a big goal. Result? Energy draining, crowd deflating miss. 2.12 suggests it's a regular occurrence.
That has to be some kind of club record right? 2.12.

That's...well, if you parked a blind person somewhere inside 50 and pointed them vaguely in the direction of the goals they would kick more than 2. 12

16%

He's a complete waste of a spot.

Even when he gets the footy, he doesn't have an impact, he's completely harmless. He's not a wingman anymore, what role is he actually playing? He's not inside, he's not outside; he's just ******* nowhere.

And his goal kicking is, as you highlight - crap; just another senior player who can't hack pressure and constantly wilts under pressure - when it actually matters.

Doesn't seem to matter though - him and Douglas can be as s**t as they like, they still get selected.

2 goals 12; what a shambles.

He's a complete waste of a spot.

Even when he gets the footy, he doesn't have an impact, he's completely harmless. He's not a wingman anymore, what role is he actually playing? He's not inside, he's not outside; he's just ******* nowhere.

And his goal kicking is, as you highlight - crap; just another senior player who can't hack pressure and constantly wilts under pressure - when it actually matters.

Doesn't seem to matter though - him and Douglas can be as s**t as they like, they still get selected.

2 goals 12; what a shambles.

6 kicks 17 handballs. Someone recently was claiming those numbers are because he was playing more inside.. but I didn't see a single contest where he was playing as the inside player.

Deaneus wakes up

checks BF

Sees 2.12 stat, thinks surely not? checks Footywire, wonders who he kicked those two goals against

Were they high pressure goals in a stirring win? or cheap goals in a massacre?

1 v North in round 1, in a 10 point loss
1 v Carlton in round 16, in a 60 point win

worth remembering we permanently shelved, and eventually s**t-canned Brodie Martin for no real reason other than "only" kicking 8.15 one year.

at least he had a few footballer qualities like having some guts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF is wrong here? Why did he get a contract? Why does he ever get a game? Why why why?

I was so ******* angry when, prior to the Bulldogs final Rowey and Bicks were crapping on about how Campo was very likely to recall David Mackay to the side given his experience. Yeah, his wealth of experience being a potato - few other AFL players out there have stunk up as many games as he has.

The team sheet might as well read:
Centre half-forward: Walker. Centre half-back: Talia. Follower: Sloane. Centre: B.Crouch. Forward pocket: Betts. Spud: Mackay.

Experience means that you are able to handle pressure in a way young players can't.

It's meant to anyway.

On that basis I exist in an alternate universe where Rory Atkins has played 150 games and David Mackay debuted this season

On that basis I exist in an alternate universe where Rory Atkins has played 150 games and David Mackay debuted this season

I like this magical universe. In it has Lyons also been given the chance to develop as a player rather than stunted by only playing 1/4 of football each week as the sub?

6 kicks 17 handballs. Someone recently was claiming those numbers are because he was playing more inside.. but I didn't see a single contest where he was playing as the inside player.

Why am I not surprised?

Smith out, a side desperate for run and carry, and guys who can kick over and through the zone, and he has 17 ******* handballs?!

It's a joke.

I like this magical universe. In it has Lyons also been given the chance to develop as a player rather than stunted by only playing 1/4 of football each week as the sub?

Why yes it is.

The best part about this magical place is that we can laugh at Carlton, where Stephen Trigg has been CEO for near 20 years, and was caught cheating trying to dodgy-up Fevola's contract, and they lost draft picks.

Meanwhile at the Adelaide Crows, we've got four other first and second round draft picks in our squad, along with the first and second rounder we got for sending Tippett to Brisbane.

Why am I not surprised?

Smith out, a side desperate for run and carry, and guys who can kick over and through the zone, and he has 17 ******* handballs?!

It's a joke.

The one time he broke the lines last night, i thought "wow he broke the lines" and then he waltzed in to kick a point.

when people say he's got Elite footskills, have we been mistaking it all this time and he actually has Elite Crow footskills?

Why yes it is.

The best part about this magical place is that we can laugh at Carlton, where Stephen Trigg has been CEO for near 20 years, and was caught cheating trying to dodgy-up Fevola's contract, and they lost draft picks.

Meanwhile at the Adelaide Crows, we've got four other first and second round draft picks in our squad, along with the first and second rounder we got for sending Tippett to Brisbane.

Take me there Deaneus! I want to go to neverland!

worth remembering we permanently shelved, and eventually s**t-canned Brodie Martin for no real reason other than "only" kicking 8.15 one year.

at least he had a few footballer qualities like having some guts.
I said last year that Brodie Martin was a better footballer than David Mackay and nothing I've seen since has changed my mind.

Tougher, more evasive, stronger, better kick, great overhead…but his surname wasn't Mackay and wasn't as fashionable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back