News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

About time they did something remotely funny. God botherers aren't known for their sense of humour.
I remember a few christmases ago and my sister, who is a devout Baptist brought religion to the table, conversation style. I was a little targeted, but calmly sat on my heathen perch and told those gathered that I liked the Norse Mythology style of God. You can have a God of all sorts of things. Anyway, I was abruptly shut down with "oh you just can't believe everything you read in a book". Not known for their sense of humour at all.

If anyone believes the current "strategy" is not 100% political, then they need their heads read.

They have to win at everything, so the U.S will be looking over their shoulder now.

=====

"India’s confirmed coronavirus toll has crossed 7 million with a number of new cases dipping in recent weeks.

The Health Ministry reported another 74,383 infections in the past 24 hours. India is expected to become the pandemic’s worst-hit country in coming weeks, surpassing the US, where more than 7.7 million infections have been reported.

The ministry on Sunday also reported 918 additional deaths, taking total fatalities to 108,334".

The Babylon Bee is hilarious.

One of the few sites that is willing to poke fun at both sides.
You must be right. De Geners and LadyGG are both gay Icons and Patton Oswalt was named after two right wing American heroes.

They have to win at everything, so the U.S will be looking over their shoulder now.

=====

"India’s confirmed coronavirus toll has crossed 7 million with a number of new cases dipping in recent weeks.

The Health Ministry reported another 74,383 infections in the past 24 hours. India is expected to become the pandemic’s worst-hit country in coming weeks, surpassing the US, where more than 7.7 million infections have been reported.

The ministry on Sunday also reported 918 additional deaths, taking total fatalities to 108,334".

"It’s averaging more than 70,000 cases daily so far this month. India has a high recovery rate of 85% with active cases below 1 million, according to the Health Ministry

"It’s averaging more than 70,000 cases daily so far this month. India has a high recovery rate of 85% with active cases below 1 million, according to the Health Ministry
Wait a minute if a high recovery rate is only 85% what happens to everyone else?

Yikes, they've snuck below 1 million active cases. Unsure if you're quoting that as a positive or a negative. I presume the latter, since Australia's recovery rate is currently at 91%.

And I've been saying since April that if there is any country that is under-reporting, it is India.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait a minute if a high recovery rate is only 85% what happens to everyone else?

What normally happens I suppose they die, like they most likely would have. My Ma passed at 83 last December, she had been unwell for years and this virus would have taken her out for sure.

And she would have been a covid statistic, the reality though was her time was up:(

What normally happens I suppose they die, like they most likely would have. My Ma passed at 83 last December, she had been unwell for years and this virus would have taken her out for sure.

And she would have been a covid statistic, the reality though was her time was up:(
So 15% of people getting COVID in India die.

JFC!!

JFC!!

It's actually not that ferball. The 15% are Deaths + Active Cases. You can't be counted as part of the 85% "recovered" if you're still active with the virus.

JFC!!

The average age of corona virus deaths is 82. That surely tells you something. I would hope.

we should start a thread on this insidious killer in India.

"Diarrhoeal dieases are one of the biggest causes of under-5 deaths, killing between 800,000 and one million children, hospitalising 900,000 and causing 327,000 visits to clinics each year".

JFC!!

Corona virus will be known as the privileged mans disease in years to come, well it should be .That was a comment for the masses.

The average age of corona virus deaths is 82. That surely tells you something. I would hope.

"Diarrhoeal dieases are one of the biggest causes of under-5 deaths, killing between 800,000 and one million children, hospitalising 900,000 and causing 327,000 visits to clinics each year".

JFC!!

Corona virus will be known as the privileged mans disease in years to come, well it should be .That was a comment for the masses.

Reducing child mortality is a millennium goal.

World wide it is consistently reducing.

Was declined by more than half between 1990 and 2016.

A quote of the reduction target:

by 2030, end preventable deaths of newborns and children under 5 years of age, with all countries aiming to reduce … under‑5 mortality to at least as low as 25 per 1,000 live births.

Reducing child mortality is a millennium goal.

World wide it is consistently reducing.

Was declined by more than half between 1990 and 2016.

A quote of the reduction target:

by 2030, end preventable deaths of newborns and children under 5 years of age, with all countries aiming to reduce … under‑5 mortality to at least as low as 25 per 1,000 live births.

And that's wonderful to hear:) My point was there's so many killers out there that oh so many don't seem to give a flying **** about in general of course. Ya know I spent 3 years wandering this planet and I can say it was those with the least that offered me the most.

It's actually not that ferball. The 15% are Deaths + Active Cases. You can't be counted as part of the 85% "recovered" if you're still active with the virus.
So 85% of everyone who has had COVID since the first case in Kerela have recovered .. it didn't read that way but that makes sense.

Honestly dunno what cred you can give Indian figures tho. It's so big and there is no consistency across the place. I doubt the figures are accurate.

And that's wonderful to hear:) My point was there's so many killers out there that oh so many don't seem to give a flying fu** about in general of course. Ya know I spent 3 years wandering this planet and I can say it was those with the least that offered me the most.

Sure.

Although by virtue of the millennium goal your example is one there is dedicated action to reduce.

Not one just not given a f*** about.

Sure.

Although by virtue of the millennium goal your example is one there is dedicated action to reduce.

Not one just not given a f*** about.

Yeah I do see that , sanitary conditions and freshwater should be for all. Sorry it hard for meto tyoe currenty as my hair gets in my eyes. You see if I got a haircut we could all die.

JFC!!

The recovery rate can't be the same as the number of people who have recovered so far.

And yeah I know, the half of the world that is starving knows the half we are in doesn't deserve to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back