List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Saying it again still doesn’t make it make sense! It’s GC that needs to step up if they want to land Noble, pick up two future 1sts and dump some salaries. Port were well within their right to block the trade and I’d be raging if I were a Power supporter and they accepted that.
Absolutely. I really hope Port don't come to their senses and realise that GC are making 13 available and want the deal the most because getting a future first as part of a salary dump of Lukosius will be fantastic for GC.

If Collingwood can get a future 2nd for Richards and 13 and 29 for Noble and our future 1st I think we are better off long term than getting Houston. I think we can win the flag with out him.

Jiath is a terrific user and great mover. We have a few players we can play across half back.

We cant offer anymore than we have and the only change really should be Lucocious for a f2 or f1 with a f2 back. Even with that we are overpaying as we are going need more in 2025 to obtain McGuane

Did you just say Jiath would be a good replacement instead of getting Houston?

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

Surprised Jakob Ryan’s name didn’t really come up. Happy to get Houston and continue to develop Ryan (wing probably his best bet) but I’d have thought his name might have come up for Port. Has more scope than Atkins who already isn’t good enough to be best 23 at 30 years old.

I am also very surprised that nothing has emerged re Ryan.

Who cares what it looks like. Plenty of other players nominate clubs.
He'd originally said Dees a while back & then changed his mind. And rightly so.

So it's kind of understandable why he probably doesn't want to publicly nominate another club. Port would definitely know his preference. Otherwise they would have just negotiated with any other Vic club with better options than us, wouldn't they?

Yeah that’s the issue, you’re underpaying and Port is overpaying.

Therefore you need to find more draft capital to give to Port and go trade another player.
We'll see. Pretty confident you'll chip in more - you've been holding that 13 for this deal because if it involves you getting a F1 from Port whilst getting rid of the worst contract around - it's a massive win.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi it’s me the cocky GC supporter who posts here sometimes even though his team makes the dumbest trades.

You’re not gonna like this. It’s up to Collingwood to pay more for Houston, not us.

We can do:
13 for Norths F1
Luko for Port’s F1
29 for Noble (take it or leave it I guess)
6 for Rioli
23 + F2 for another teams F1

The only reason we aren’t doing that is A) Cameron is an idiot and B) you want Houston but don’t have the draft capital yourselves.

We might still bend over again because let’s face it it’s us, but really, you need to go find more trade capital (ie. Trade another player to Port or for a draft pick). If it was any team other than us involved that’s what you’d have to do.
It's probably just about time you pissed off back to the crickets on your own board and stayed there champ...

Therefore you need to find more draft capital to give to Port and go trade another player.
We have 2 picks in the 50's and thats it.
We were selling the farm for this deal as it is.

it just amazes me that the Afl continues to allow GC to be run by inept football managers (relatively speaking). To think this club has never made finals despite having access to top end talent from their academy and receiving multiple draft concessions over the years. To call them a rabble of an organisation is an insult to the word rabble.

Don’t understand why people think Port are ripped off in this deal. Think they do very well out of it.
A few minor tweaks and we should be right to go
I actually Collingwood were the club most disadvantaged by the proposed swaps
I think it’s probably all round fair.
If GC pay pick 6 + 23, then I can understand them being annoyed given Houston is just so much better a player.

Yea easy. Our Pick 36 goes to you instead of Port so we pay you more. And Port sends you a F2 instead of F1 for salary dumping Lukosious so it's no longer an overpayment

Frustrating to see GC who I think are getting the best outcome of the 3 clubs play hardball this year.

They’ve been absolute bunnies at the trade table since their inception. I was hoping we got a Bowes/Weller level deal this year with using Noble. Oh well.

Pies getting Houston would be great, but we’ve given everything we can.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back