List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Frustrating to see GC who I think are getting the best outcome of the 3 clubs play hardball this year.

They’ve been absolute bunnies at the trade table since their inception. I was hoping we got a Bowes/Weller level deal this year with using Noble. Oh well.

Pies getting Houston would be great, but we’ve given everything we can.
Yes, to think that a couple of years ago GC packaged Pick 7 with Jack Bowes in return for the Cats' future third rounder....

Frustrating to see GC who I think are getting the best outcome of the 3 clubs play hardball this year.

They’ve been absolute bunnies at the trade table since their inception. I was hoping we got a Bowes/Weller level deal this year with using Noble. Oh well.

Pies getting Houston would be great, but we’ve given everything we can.
Did you watch them last year - they turned 1 good pick and some shit ones into 3 future firsts and enough matching points for 5 first round academy kids. They were brilliant.

I think they are too - unless GC are paying a massive amount of Lukosius's contract.
Port are giving up the clear best player of this trade, a future first rounder and taking on two cap dumps. As much as I want them to accept it I’m not sure how anyone could think they’re getting a good deal.

Why not trade for Ollie lord? Surely something can be done with that situation? Or that Robertson from brissy

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Do Port want to trade out Lord? I haven't heard they'd even consider that. No Dixon next year, Marshall probably one concussion away from retirement. Imagine wasting the next 2 days trying to negotiate with Port for their young kpf, whilst they're basically starting all over again with the Richards, Lukosious, Houston stuff 🥴

Robertson wouldn't need to be too difficult though I wouldn't have thought. He won't get any midfield time at Lions next year, I suppose. Lions have probably been twiddling their thumbs this trade period.

None of that fixes the loss of Noble though, like Houston would have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port are giving up the clear best player of this trade, a future first rounder and taking on two cap dumps. As much as I want them to accept it I’m not sure how anyone could think they’re getting a good deal.
The thing for them is that they can extend Lukosius and make his contract fine. So they still might be getting a win.

But I'm not sure why they're being so generous to GC about it.

I'd love for the people here that want us to hit the draft instead of getting Houston honestly explain how they think Noble's loss can be offset and our team can genuinely improve without Houston to replace him (particularly our rebound).

Moving Josh Daicos permanently to halfback, or Sidebottom, or even playing Parker every week, is not going to improve our team back into flag contention in 2025 and doesn't make us a better team in terms of ball movement.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back