List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t mind the idea of RiccardI as cheap KPB depth, with an eye to him developing into a solid best 22 in time.

Up forward we’ve got enough NQR key forwards in McSray, Krueger, Johnson and at a stretch Cox. Forward we need proven class key Forward.

Down back if Murph has to retire from concussion for example (touch wood), or Howe retires soon, then the cupboard is pretty bare. Would be great to free Moore up as an interceptor/playmaker and have others worried about defending oppo key forwards.

Also the flexibility to play him forward or back is useful for list management, means we hypothetically need to list one less depth tall as he can swing either end.
Cheap I can handle, but no the panacea solution to our key position issues…for that you need to pay.

If he’s going to play down back, he needs to be able to kick…how is his kicking?

Callum Coleman-Jones just kicked 9 goals for North in the VFL (albeit against Frankston)
23 years old. 200cm. Former pick 20
Was coached by Fly at the Tigers 3-4 years ago. I recall him coming over to talk to Fly after the game against North last year.
If he’s not getting a game at North could he be a reasonable key forward trade option?

Marty Hore killed us last week. Another big game v Sydney today. Be interesting to see if he gets another crack. He’s 27 but playing well.

I have a really good feeling on Koschitzke. Thoughts on him?
From the Hawks’ board

1 -
kozi can’t defend
But he also can’t kick straight
He cannot ruck and he is slow
I just don’t get it
2 -
Kozzi again refusing to do anything. He even pretends to spoil and it doesn’t go over his head

What did frampton cost? Cameron? Checkers?
All well and good, but none of them are top tier. There’s a certain point where you need to recruit/have an A grader in the mix to put you over the top. Our defence has Moore as that top tier player, so we can afford to bring in the likes of Frampton and Roughead as those lower tier, solid additions.
Our forward line is a mish mash of role players and work horses. We can’t just keep bringing in those types without having a star in there if we want to have a genuinely competitive forward setup. Checkers, McStay, Cox, Johnson. They should all be support players surrounding a genuine gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brown was criminally underrated. Not the flashiest but very effective and had something like 3 seasons in a row of 60+ goals at North.
I’m not sure anyone underrated him while he was performing. There’s no denying though that he hasn’t been the same since he injured his knee in his last year at Norf. He was serviceable for a couple of years at Melbourne, can’t even make the 22 now though, seems to be one of those players who drop off a cliff a few years earlier than normal.

I’m not sure anyone underrated him while he was performing. There’s no denying though that he hasn’t been the same since he injured his knee in his last year at Norf. He was serviceable for a couple of years at Melbourne, can’t even make the 22 now though, seems to be one of those players who drop off a cliff a few years earlier than normal.
Fair assessment - I think he was underrated when performing due to playing for North, which isn't to say he didn't get recognition, but his impact was so much greater when you consider how bad North were.

Might not be a popular opinion, but if we think Cox might be in his last year or two we should look at Coleman-Jones. Not getting a game at Norf and kicked 9 goals today in the VFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back