List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Disagree. Macrae's started dominating in the VFL and showing good progress. Once he gets the opportunity for a stable run of games in the AFL (not as a sub) he'll be a good mid. Can win clearances and has neat distribution from both sides.
I really hope I am wrong but I thought Macrae looked slow and out of his depth when he played against Carlton. I know this is a tiny sample size but I have seen good vfl players get found out in Seniors before. As I said I hope I am wrong.

Disagree. Macrae's started dominating in the VFL and showing good progress. Once he gets the opportunity for a stable run of games in the AFL (not as a sub) he'll be a good mid. Can win clearances and has neat distribution from both sides.

Cal Brown also dominated at VFL level. Like Brown, Macrae to my eye looks panicked at AFL level, his disposals aren’t damaging and he’s not a great runner. I just don’t see it.

Anyway, we’re straying off topic. I’d accept Parfitt and pick 38 for Henry if Parfitt is open to the move for greater midfield opportunities than he’ll get at the Cattery.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cal Brown also dominated at VFL level. Like Brown, Macrae to my eye looks panicked at AFL level, his disposals aren’t damaging and he’s not a great runner. I just don’t see it.

Anyway, we’re straying off topic. I’d accept Parfitt and pick 38 for Henry if Parfitt is open to the move for greater midfield opportunities than he’ll get at the Cattery.

Cal never dominated in his second year. Macrae is in his second year and showing a good rate of improvement. You can't invest in a first rounder and then write them off two years later when they're consistently improving in the twos.

Macrae just needs to bridge and gap and believe he belongs. That's half the battle. But he'll get there

Cal never dominated in his second year. Macrae is in his second year and showing a good rate of improvement. You can't invest in a first rounder and then write them off two years later when they're consistently improving in the twos.

I’m not writing him off. I agree that all draftees need sufficient time to develop and show what they’re capable of. That’s exactly why I want us to keep Poulter for another year or two. I just don’t see anything especially remarkable or damaging about Macrae at this stage. I look forward to being proven wrong.

No chance.
Right now they need to get into the second round next year to strenghten their hand. Mackie is criminal in this,

Mackie is showing his inexperience and ego in negotiating. He is trying to achieve a win/lose in Geelong’s favour. He probably thinks this will be impressive. Burning relationships with disingenuous public statements about not chasing these young players when there would be an offer on the table before they notified their current clubs that they wish to leave, and putting forward insulting offers from which a deal is impossible is not in good faith.

Good deals are win/win. His approach will only stop GWS or Pies from compromising as trust will be low and he is wasting their time. They have a good relationship with each other so can just both stonewall cats. It’s up to Geelong to bring an offer.

Both Bruhn and Henry are first round picks who have shown promise. At least a first round is needed for each player.

I also think they were into Hopper and came to this late. Then the GCS pick 7 salary dump appeared from nowhere and they made that the top priority.
This changed the landscape. They should hold their picks fot the draft and let Henry know so he can look after his interests and not have his idiot manager continue to burn Collingwood and it’s supporters.

You cannot have it all and trade requests frequently don’t get done.

Manager should be telling him to stay put and take the 12 month deal on offer.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I must admit - my first reaction is gritted teeth, rather than laughter.

* Geelong.
I'm laughing. It's moronic. They've built a great list through trades done by a bloke with a reputation of being good to deal with that has enabled them to do a heap of amicable advantageous deals. His replacement has decided that's not the way to go and is modelling himself on the Essendon bloke.

Hubris and the beginning of the fall for the Cats.

I'm laughing. It's moronic. They've built a great list through trades done by a bloke with a reputation of being good to deal with that has enabled them to do a heap of amicable advantageous deals. His replacement has decided that's not the way to go and is modelling himself on the Essendon bloke.

Hubris and the beginning of the fall for the Cats.
I'm convinced Essendon is so quiet this trade period because Dodoro is filling in at Geelong lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope the Matt Crouch rumour is just a rude joke. What a waste of cap space.

I'd accept pick 7 and move on but Geelong won't offer it. If they offer pick 18 I wouldn't accept it.
We aren’t getting 7 in exchange for Henry in isolation. I should have added that by being proactive it’s Henry + 16/27. I’m not sure about 18, but you can be sure GWS are keen on 7 in the Bruhn deal. It’ll probably all hinge on Ratagulea and what that deal looks like because if Geelong can get a 2023 2nd it opens it back up for them. For all the herp derp “wHy HasnN’t THe fRaMPton DEaL GOnE ThrouGh yET?” types the above is why. All of the deals are intertwined.

For all the deals in the last few years we have been screwed on, this is the one where we need to stand our ground.
We would be far better off losing Henry for nothing in the PSD to NM or Essendon rather than accepting a lousy deal from the team standing in our way of a flag next year.
If we are going to end up weaker, it should not under any circumstances make Geelong stronger.

Why is everyone suddenly believing Matt Rendell as gospel? Is it because he said something that is essentially in our favour (criticising Geelong for what they are trying to get Henry for)?

I am incredibly sceptical that Geelong have offered 38 for Henry, particularly because it's Rendell that has "broken" that info rather than an actual journo. Journos who actually tend to get info about what clubs are offering. Literally no one is reporting it beyond Rendell.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
See the SEN article above. Sounds as if he’s on the money.

Surely cats swap 7 into 12 & 15 from GWS. GWS get either 12 or 15 back for Bruhn and use 15 or 18 on Henry. They still keep a first rounder too.
12 please
Think he has shown more than Bruhn to this point

Edit: Im very happy with the notion of walking away from pick 18 offer. I like the way Sydney did it with Jolly. I think we should do it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back