Preview Changes Rnd 23 vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought he did ok in his full game in defence. But I agree that he did show hesitancy when he had an opportunity to impact a loose ball contest physically which I reckon looks a lot like a lack of intensity. Not many guys on the fringes come in and just push the incumbents out the way saying, "fu** you, this is my ball". Our junior players often look like they're standing around waiting for something to happen or be told what to do. I think it's an endemic cultural problem that has developed over the years. Junior players might earn selection, but they don't earn full responsibility to roll in and just let it rip.
The head coach helps to instill that by showing trust and confidence in a young player but it's also drafting the right players that innately possess that quality to begin with. Both aspects have been off for a while. Young players are often so scared to do anything as they know that one mistake could see them out. That doesn't lead to a young player asserting themself on a game. Players should be told that they are backed in for a group of games which would lead to them playing with more freedom.

The head coach helps to instill that by showing trust and confidence in a young player but it's also drafting the right players that innately possess that quality to begin with. Both aspects have been off for a while. Young players are often so scared to do anything as they know that one mistake could see them out. That doesn't lead to a young player asserting themself on a game. Players should be told that they are backed in for a group of games which would lead to them playing with more freedom.

I think it's worse than that, I reckon it's deliberate. We assign lesser, more like supporting, roles to junior players. "Chayce, Sloaney, Lairdy and Crouchy are our key mids, when you're in there, it's your job to help them perform at their max. Don't worry too much about getting the ball, just keep an eye on what's going on and help them get the job done. There's a lad." I doubt it's drafting.

Neil Craig divided the list into 3 groups and a players were categorised. A crusher doesn't just push a backbone player out the way or out of their earned position. You wait for a player to retire and then get promoted into the next group. You cover for injury, but you don't replace permanently. We're seeing this play out in our midfield as we speak. Schoey can only get leftover minutes from the 3 backbone mids, he can't take any from them forcing them to the lesser half forward role or their total TOG. We're still running our footy dept from the Neil Craig Manifesto.

What was the other group? I remember crusher and backbone. Crusher was bottom rung, I know that. Nit sure if backbone was top or middle. Sounds more middle, so probs not the group the mids belong to.

Last edited:

I'm still expecting us to stuff it up somehow.

A bunch of our players will get filmed shortly after the game snorting coke off a stripper at the Crazy Horse (or something along those lines).
Thats why you tie down Talia and Mrouch to a tree at West Lakes till we trade them.

It might take him some time to get on the field then. Nothing unusual for us though
Lol
The coach hasn't been there 4 or 5 years.
👍🏼
I'm still expecting us to stuff it up somehow.

A bunch of our players will get filmed shortly after the game snorting coke off a stripper at the Crazy Horse (or something along those lines).
It’d still be a longer list of admin **** ups than player **** ups 🤪

Only just saw yesterday's scores and Gold Coast did their best losing a heap of % to make sure that a stupid Crows' win gives them a good pick

I am glad i'll be working when the game is on because I find it really really hard to actively not barrack

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood 34 points down at half time. 2 metre Petre has 4.

It's kinda weird hoping Collingwood win, but I can't see it happening now. Too many turnovers. I had to tip them to be any chance of finishing in the money at the work tipping comp.

Of course, also hoping they win to limit the draft impact if we are the least hopeless this evening.

And that's a hard top 10 to crack as well.
Too risky, the first week after a coaching change might lead to a win. Make Nicks a playing coach

Never change Adelaide.

This was a golden opportunity to do nothing and have a wonderful trade period.

Absolutely blown now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back