Preview Changes: R17 vs Essendon

If Tex is out injured who do you think will come in for him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

At what point do the AFL ask the "draft management " question?

Brisbane were always going to beat us. However our backline was holding up with Doedee there.
A good chance to cop a percentage drop by moving Doedee forward and burst the defensive dam wall. Brisbane flog us.

This week, we have Fog out, despite him being best "like for like" with Tex out. Fog having a 17 possession 1 goal game in the Reserves.

Instead they pair up the worst KPF pairing in the comp. Hberg has no SANFL at all.

Not to mention Hamill doing a good job on Eddie in the first quarter. Moved off him, and unsighted for the rest of the game. Eddie kicks a bag, hands a couple off. Hamill dropped. Has a 22 possession game in the Ressies, and obviously a class above. And DMack stays in.

If this is not "draft management ", I am genuinely concerned about this regimes selection philosophy.

If we win, it will be in spite of coaching and selection, players wanting to win and lift for it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Honestly, dropping Mackay is more likely to raise the AFL eyebrows then not selecting either of Fog or Hamill. After all, lose Tex, Brown, don't select Lynch and then another 200 gamer finds his way out of the lineup after losing by 9 goals? If you're not intimately familiar with Adelaides list that would cause an eyebrow raise.

Hamill really doesn't have the profile to cause any suspicion and really at this point, Himmelberg, Frampton and Fog are just interchangeable names. All have not been able to hold a best 22 spot long term, all look destined to be good VFL/SANFL/WAFL players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Berg may never be a star but his exposed form at AFL level far outweighs Billy’s

If he’s given up on his career now is the time to rev him up. He wasn’t happy that Fog and Billy and RT are ahead of him? Well good news, Fog was dropped, Tex is injured and Billy was crap.

Fire up EH, the spot is yours for the taking. Your two main competitors are on the nose, pull your finger out, play like you did late last year and you just might play for the rest of the year.

Called it!😄

The Berg is back 👍

EDIT: I am not saying that this is a good thing…

My guess is we’re counting on two talls who can’t mark, to bring it to ground to a plethora of small forwards. Who knows

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

To bring it to ground where RT will pick it up and snap a goal on his left😛

Excellent chance to be able to do a side by side comparison of Billy vs Berg under AFL conditions. Good incentive for each to go harder. I'd have told them theyre each playing for one position on the list, just to spice it up even more.

Like Murph back in, be interested to see if him in helps Rowe out a bit.

Glad pedlar stayed in.

Ess in pretty good form lately but so have we been even tho we haven't been getting choccies, should be a good game.
Yep. Thunderdome situation. Only one of these guys plays ever again.

Back