Preview Changes R17 v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

As the other poster mentioned, Richards has almost single handedly covered up for some pretty large weaknesses. Has speed, defensive presence and football IQ which we have been desperately lacking. We’re no longer slow through the midfield.

Richards & Treloar are fast. Bont is quick enough and Libba knows how to cover himself.

Not saying we are slow but there's no midfield that can match the speed and agility of Butters and Rozee. Those guys are next-level if they get a bit of separation.

McNeil and Khamis both got coaches votes, neither Buss nor Garcia did so there is an argument for rewarding form though Daniel got votes from both coaches. Symptomatic of his no man's land.

Coffield is obvious experience replacing Jones.

Not everyone's cup of tea, including mine, but won't be the reason we lose if we do

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Port have the strangest supporters in the league. They genuinely think premierships him an amateur local comp has relevance in a national professional comp and that a mediocre list with two good midfielders should be playing in grand finals to a level that they want their team to lose.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Port have the strangest supporters in the league. They genuinely think premierships him an amateur local comp has relevance in a national professional comp and that a mediocre list with two good midfielders should be playing in grand finals to a level that they want their team to lose.

Wines and JHF are a very good support act for Butters and Rozee.

Sweet hasn’t been great but he does have good chemistry with Butters/Rozee/JHF, if they start getting on the end of his taps and burst out of the middle our duct tape backline will get overwhelmed. I’d almost have Libba doing his negating/ball winning role on Rozee, he can’t handle the physicality. Richards become super important as well during his CBA stints.

Wouldn't be surprised to see JHF start out of the goal square, we have no match-up for him in the forward 50.

Last edited:
Also can’t see Drew tagging Bont, doesn’t have the physicality that Berry has to somewhat negate Bont.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they're (justifiably IMO) frustrated a coach keeps getting recontracted with such a poor finals record, and poor record vs other top 8 sides. I actually find most of them to be reasonable (on BF at least), and a reasonably welcoming oppo board to have a chat.

Bevo has at least won a flag and got us to a second GF. Hinkley has had 12 years, and done neither, despite top 4 finishes which have thus far eluded Bevo.

Mate, we all should think before posting. I know you can. If you had thought about it for just 30 seconds, you would have avoided this embarrassment.

1.1 As far as the AFL goes, there's no distinction between amateur/professional nor local/national. The league counts all seasons equally since 1897. Port has nothing to do with it.

1.2 Those SANFL premierships may be alien to the league, but they can't be irrelevant. It's simply impossible. Port is the only traditional club outside Victoria to be accepted in the league. There is no other like us in the AFL. The reason for that are all those premierships. We came in due that history, and we brought it in with us.

Still, that is secondary. What really matters here is the other part. Again, let's check it:

2.1 It has been bloody ELEVEN years. Hinkley's first season was in 2013. He is responsible for every player in our list but one. If the list is bad, it's his fault. If the list isn't bad (and Hinkley said it's the best he has ever had), the lack of results is also his fault. Hinkley is the coach.

2.2 Just a couple of years ago, we were favourites in a PF at home against your mob, and you know the result better than I do. Hinkley was the coach.

2.3 In the last four seasons, Port has finished the Minor Round in the Top-3 THREE times. Even if the list is bad now, it cannot have been the case then. The other clubs with multiple Top-3 seasons in that period were Geelong, Melbourne, and Brisbane (2 times). Cats and Dees have a flag; Lions played in a GF. We have nothing. Hinkley was the coach.

2.4 In the five seasons between 2015 and 2019, Port made Finals only once and lost. Hinkley was the coach.

Now just change Port and Hinkley for Dogs and Beveridge and honestly tell me if that would be fine. If you say it is, I would call you a liar.

Mate, we all should think before posting. I know you can. If you had thought about it for just 30 seconds, you would have avoided this embarrassment.

1.1 As far as the AFL goes, there's no distinction between amateur/professional nor local/national. The league counts all seasons equally since 1897. Port has nothing to do with it.

How do they differ from our 9 VFA premierships?

So our key back stocks that bevo actually wants to give a game to are...Rory Lobb?

Knowing the angst against Kenny over here, get a good start and it should not take long for the crowd to turn septic.
Prelim 2021 vibes If we can get a good start tomorrow, weather forecast is mint too for a change at AO against Port so should help our forward talla

Remove this Banner Ad

Back