Preview Changes R16 vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact is though he left today's training with back spasms, that has to put a cloud over his availability, Bont is no mere mortal though so is every chance to get himself right. It'll be left to the last minute before deciding if he is fit to play.
Apparently because of an awkward landing after a tackle? Whoever tackled him should be named, shamed and publicly flogged.

Not sure if it is because The Bont sets the bar so high. However, I feel except for a couple standout games he has been below last season's form. Not that he ever plays a bad game he has a number of games where he has been o/k without starring.

Last edited:
Hearing the 4 headed monster is all systems go. Happy if one of them plays back. I’d try Lobb back personally I think his athleticism will see him be more than capable at CHB.

Hearing the 4 headed monster is all systems go. Happy if one of them plays back. I’d try Lobb back personally I think his athleticism will see him be more than capable at CHB.
Maybe one is sub. Or maybe they always have one on the bench. The only scenario I can ever imagine the 4 headed monster on the field and in forward line at the same time is when we're at a centre bounce in the GF, there's 30 seconds to go and we're 5 points behind.

Maybe one is sub. Or maybe they always have one on the bench. The only scenario I can ever imagine the 4 headed monster on the field and in forward line at the same time is when we're at a centre bounce in the GF, there's 30 seconds to go and we're 5 points behind.
Or 30 seconds to go in a GF 5 points down, English takes the kick in from the Swans goal square.

Or 30 seconds to go in a GF 5 points down, English takes the kick in from the Swans goal square.
In that scenario, there's only 3 seconds to go after Grundy has had an inexplicable brain fade at the CB and gut punched Timmy and been marched 50m, back chatted the adjudicating umpire, and copped another 50. And then the West erupts... and Sydney weep the most delicious, high sodium content tears

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone is talking about a four headed monster but haven't considered Bont is spending a significant amount of time up forward now. Did somebody say FIVE headed monster?
The Hydra is a Greek mythical creature and variously described as having 4, 5 or possibly hundreds of heads. But 4 at least seems to be the consensus.

Fittingly, Bevo has some Greek heritage so it's culturally appropriate that he should be the one to unleash it when the time is right.

It's been nearly 18 months since we tried playing all four talls. Jamarra and Darcy had extremely limited endurance back then. Both are significantly improved in that area now. Naughty has more exposure working up the ground and being involved.

I would suggest a very small portion of the game would all four be on the ground at the same time. If Lobb goes back to looking disinterested, pull the sub early.

Hey guys, I was at training this morning (WEDNESDAY). I saw the Bont and the training sim match and he looked ok. I must admit, I left shortly after they finished that and he was out there. he looked ok to me. could this have happened afterwards? is this a storm in a teacup? i also saw lobb playing in the backline and he moved ok. just saying. the boys looked very sharp btw.

The four headed monster has been tried, as has Lobb on the wing, and it hasn’t worked.
We are kidding ourselves here aren’t we? Will be pissed if we try and invent something AGAIN at round 16.
I’m excited to see Lobb back. I think he can do well back there. His athleticism will keep him in good sted. He doesn’t have to try win the ball all the time and he will be able to keep up with most key fwds.
If this turns out to be a success. It could be the moves the propels us into serious contention.
Along with the Richards move Stay healthy and we can cause some serious damage come September.

If we are considering Lobb to the backline it sounds like Buss won’t be getting a crack.

Hope that doesn’t affect him re-signing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hey guys, I was at training this morning (WEDNESDAY). I saw the Bont and the training sim match and he looked ok. I must admit, I left shortly after they finished that and he was out there. he looked ok to me. could this have happened afterwards? is this a storm in a teacup? i also saw lobb playing in the backline and he moved ok. just saying. the boys looked very sharp btw.
A bit of Dencorub has worked its magic

stinky simon rex GIF by Simon Rex / Dirt Nasty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back