Preview Changes: R16 vs Brisbane Bullets

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viska was my favourite player in the early 90s. That game against Sydney when we were down to 17 men and Viska hobbled back on with a fractured ankle, stood in the goal square and kicked 2 last quarter goals will stay with me. They talk about "tough guys of the AFL" and most of them were dead set snipers, Viska was tough, probably hammered nails into wood with his bare fist

His nickname was Death

That’s a hard man

This shits me

What was it about Billy's six AFL games this year that impressed us most?

The 8 touches per game?

The 3 hit outs per game?

The 2 goals in total?

More of that please

Have they moved the cows off it yet or will they wait closer to game time?
Yep! We've even cleaned the chook poo off the seats and chased the possums out of the coaches and media boxes. The council have turned on the hot water to the dunnies and don't worry about the catering, all sorted. The CWA ladies are right onto it :thumbsupv1:

Viska was my favourite player in the early 90s. That game against Sydney when we were down to 17 men and Viska hobbled back on with a fractured ankle, stood in the goal square and kicked 2 last quarter goals will stay with me. They talk about "tough guys of the AFL" and most of them were dead set snipers, Viska was tough, probably hammered nails into wood with his bare fist
Loved Viska, but that story doesn't need exaggeration. His ankle wasn't broken, and he kicked one goal. He handballed off one, and was crunched doing it. Gutsy, gutsy effort when he couldn't run on his sprained ankle.

This shits me

The 8 touches per game?

The 3 hit outs per game?

The 2 goals in total?

More of that please

He took 6 contested marks in one quarter in the SANFL recently. Probably deserves his chance, and might be his last one.

He took 6 contested marks in one quarter in the SANFL recently. Probably deserves his chance, and might be his last one.
If he hadn't had multiple chances last season and this season and was untried at the level then sure, give him a crack based on those SANFL performances. But every time we pick him we end up saying it was a huge mistake, never again, he gets dropped, we won't get seduced by SANFL form next time but we do

This shits me

The 8 touches per game?

The 3 hit outs per game?

The 2 goals in total?

More of that please

I think the move has more to do with the development of the Fog than Billy's chance. He's probably got a list of things to work on in a less pressure environment.

So would have kicked 2 if Josh Modra wouldn't have called for the Joe the Goose?
Well no as he was getting crunched as he got a little handball out to mods who was running past in the AFL
Loved Viska, but that story doesn't need exaggeration. His ankle wasn't broken, and he kicked one goal. He handballed off one, and was crunched doing it. Gutsy, gutsy effort when he couldn't run on his sprained ankle.
You basically have repeated what I said yesterday.

Jumboprince said:
Close but not quite right.
This is the game you are talking about.

AFL Tables - Sydney v Adelaide - Fri, 2-Jul-1993 7:38 PM - Match Stats

Back when there were two on the bench. We lost Rocket Maynard early with a broken collarbone. Until then Maynard was the only crow left not to miss a game.Viska then joined him with a sprained ankle. Not fractured. Then Robran broke his leg. Viska hobbles back on playing in a pocket. Kicked his first goal in career. Sets up Modra with a great little handball in the square as well while being crunched.
Jars interviewed about the game at the end of year for in the 93 vhs says Mark Viskas performance in staying on was magnificent. Shows the courage and guts of that young fella. Kicked a goal to if I believe.

Okay psychos, game day time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back