Unofficial Preview Changes/Preview: The Premiers vs The Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeo might take 20 marks the way we're playing.

Either we need to change our F50 entries or pick Redpath and/or English so at least there's someone (Boyd/Redpath) over 6'2" to contest if we insist on bombing it in.

Eagles will want to prove a point and we're seriously lacking in soldiers atm.

Out: Stringer, Dunkley

In: Dickson, Wallis

Need to back TBoyd in against Giles. I think he can beat him.

As others have said, I don't think it is wise to play Redpath on a six day break interstate after one VFL match. Would love to have him as a hit up forward, but it is just too soon.

In: Webb, English -give him a run in his home state and play him on a half foward flank floating into the ruck

Out: Stringer, Dunkley

I would manage Dickson and Wally for one more week because of the travel

So Bev's member email video says a few are in line for rests/niggles next week - sounded like at least a couple more (on top of Dunk and presumably Stringer).

Jong has had trouble with his shoulder the last two games, where he's held it and looked sore but kept playing, perhaps one of the niggles Bev was referring to.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jong has had trouble with his shoulder the last two games, where he's held it and looked sore but kept playing, perhaps one of the niggles Bev was referring to.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Jong gets 'rested' this week, this board will absolutely lose its shit.

I thought Cordy was quite good in the second half. The first half of Saturdays game reminded me of the Mc Cartney days. Bomb it in and hope for the best. I reckon it could be worthwhile bringing in both Dickson and Redpath. Spend time at training this week focussing on players lowering their eyes and Dicko and Big Red getting in dangerous spots. Richmond took far too many marks in their backline, cannot happen against the Weagles. Clay Smith, Tory and smalls like Hunter, Mc Lean and Picken could be really dangerous if big Red brings the ball to ground, he doesnt even have to mark it. Lucas Webb has been sensational in the VFL and deserves an opportunity. I know it wont happen, Webb in for M.Boyd.
In; Redpath, Dicko, Webby
Out: Jake, Dunkley, M.Boyd

Out: Dunkley (inj.), Stringer (inj.)
In: Wallis, Dale

I would love to go with Red and/or Dickson but the VFL stats seem to suggest that they may not be fit enough just yet (happy to be corrected by somebody that saw the game, but 0 tackles and 0 inside 50s for both suggest neither were getting up-field as much as is expected at AFL level).

McLean needs to start offering a greater level of consistency.

Out: Dunkley (inj.), Stringer (inj.)
In: Wallis, Dale

I would love to go with Red and/or Dickson but the VFL stats seem to suggest that they may not be fit enough just yet (happy to be corrected by somebody that saw the game, but 0 tackles and 0 inside 50s for both suggest neither were getting up-field as much as is expected at AFL level).

McLean needs to start offering a greater level of consistency.

Both looked pretty good.

Red took some imposing marks too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN - Wallis, Dickson

OUT - Dunkley, Stringer

Play Adams on Kennedy and Roberts on Darling.

Cordy to play CHF and chop out in ruck. I cant cop another week of Jong/Dunkley rucking. Actually relieved Dunkley is out now.

Would like to see Campbell come in and rest at FF but cant see that happening. Need another tall in but doubt Bev will and will no doubt play Adams at FF.

We are going to get pansed if we don't pick some decent marking options up forward. Granted Redpath should have another week in the VFL to get up to speed but by jeez it leaves us thin. Dickson has to come in and Cordy has to probably play forward otherwise Campbell is required (despite not playing well).

Must be mighty tempting to put Roughead or Redpath (or both) in the ones.

Dickson in for Stringer
Wallis in for Dunkley

Cordy forward ruck role as in last years finals series with Jong in for the odd chop out

T Boyd to first Ruck.

Not ideal but most likely given Bevs history.

Other consideration is Matthew Boyd - not wanting to kill Bambi - but he is nowhere near his 2016 form. Is not winning his own ball. Whilst this was always to be his last year - he needs to lift or his last year will end in the VFL and right now we need him at his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back