Preview Changes & Preview for Semi Final 2 vs Hawthorn @AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what we really need to do is:

- Stop this high press nonsense. Hawks will kick 200 points on us if we play that again. We didn't press that high in the last 6 rounds of H&A, so I have no idea why we went back to that against Cats.

- Hold our defenders back Aliir shouldn't be beaten by Dear and BZT shouldn't be beaten by Gunston in 1v1.

- Put Bergman on Moore, he's crucial in connecting their midfield and forward and has a big tank.

- this is left field and many will disagree but, I'd like to see Rozee at HB, Sinn on the Wing and Boak in the middle. Send McEntee to Mars and bring DBJ back forward. Boak cares and tries and won't shy away from contests especially early on.

- dropping the high press means our mids are actually in the middle of the ground rather than inside 50, which would create space. Have Marshall and Georgiades lead into that space while keeping Esava deep. Bombing it to him is an option but surround him with our smalls so when ball comes to ground it isn't an easy slingshot for Hawks.

Okay thanks for listening. I'm sorry to have wasted your time talking about something that won't happen on Friday.
Boak is finished.

You forgot about chol

They won’t change anything because they think it was just an aberration and will go back to the same same

I remember being at the hawks game and thinking we can’t get our hands on the ball they destroyed us.. it was as bad as we had played for a long while. We had no answers.

this time they won’t let up..

As someone has said it will be like the giants game last year.

They won’t change anything because they think it was just an aberration and will go back to the same same
Yep this is generally what happens with us, occasionally we target opposition stars well & nullify them aside from that we have the tactical planning & flair of an overworked Dad phoning in instructions for his sons under 12's.

Yep this is generally what happens with us, occasionally we target opposition stars well & nullify them aside from that we have the tactical planning & flair of an overworked Dad phoning in instructions for his sons under 12's.
Listen son, the blue Powerade is better than the red Powerade. Just trust me on this one.

In the previews last week someone said the Geelong game was a win-win: we are either in a prelim or Ken is gone.
I think they were a week too early, this week is the absolute make or break.

And as much as I know I'll cop shit for it, I want this side to somehow turn this around, beat those Hawthorn upstarts, beat Sydney again, and then go and beat Geelong by 120 points.

Thats the redemption I want, and what my 1980's PAFC brain demands.

Are my expectations high - damn right.
Meet them or get walking.
Not putting up with any excuses, three wins or get walking.

Get angry and get even, or get walking.

It's not Visentini either. The idea that you can stick any random 200cm bloke up forward and have them be a competent forward target went out about 30 years ago.

The reality is there isn't a good ruck/forward option on our list. Dixon is the best of a terrible bunch.
Dixon was a complete liability Thursday night, he was slow and could barely move.

Dixon was a complete liability Thursday night, he was slow and could barely move.
Soldo is slow and can barely move at the best of times.

There is no amount of bleating about how bad Dixon is that will make full forward Ivan Soldo appear to be a reasonable option.

The best case scenario is that after that meeting which is apparently happening tomorrow an agreement to part ways asap with hinkley is made, he is told to have no input in the preparation, selections, or game plan for friday night's game, and it would be better for all concerned if he spent the week at home admiring his new blinds, or some other recent home improvement.

We know that won't happen of course because no one in the hierarchy has the stones to make that decision, or follow it through even if others made it for them.
There is absolutely no way koch or richardson would cope with the heat applied by the Vic centric media a strong decision like that would bring, they would melt like popsicles on a barbeque.

The above aside I find it impossible to barrack against a Port Adelaide team in the hope a smashing will hasten kern's demise, so as per usual I want a win regardless of the clown(s) in charge!

Re the changes, Visentino has to be better value as a forward/ruck than Ratugolea, we have to find out if Sinn is ever going to be up to AFL level, DBJ has to go back to the defensive small forward role, if Butters is good to go Rozee can play half back where he may be able to help in some way for the loss of Farrell and Houston, Chucky boy probably holds his spot by default due to Marshall's unfortunate concussion issues, and Lachie Jones and Macandcheese should also be omitted.

Lorenz would also have to be some chance of getting a game.

The best case scenario is that after that meeting which is apparently happening tomorrow an agreement to part ways asap with hinkley is made, he is told to have no input in the preparation, selections, or game plan for friday night's game, and it would be better for all concerned if he spent the week at home admiring his new blinds, or some other recent home improvement.

We know that won't happen of course because no one in the hierarchy has the stones to make that decision, or follow it through even if others made it for them.
There is absolutely no way koch or richardson would cope with the heat applied by the Vic centric media a strong decision like that would bring, they would melt like popsicles on a barbeque.

The above aside I find it impossible to barrack against a Port Adelaide team in the hope a smashing will hasten kern's demise, so as per usual I want a win regardless of the clown(s) in charge!

Re the changes, Visentino has to be better value as a forward/ruck than Ratugolea, we have to find out if Sinn is ever going to be up to AFL level, DBJ has to go back to the defensive small forward role, if Butters is good to go Rozee can play half back where he may be able to help in some way for the loss of Farrell and Houston, Chucky boy probably holds his spot by default due to Marshall's unfortunate concussion issues, and Lachie Jones and Macandcheese should also be omitted.

Lorenz would also have to be some chance of getting a game.

There is no meeting tomorrow where they're expected to agree to part ways between club and coach. If there was one I would have heard about it by now.

Ken indicated we're not making wholesale changes - so I'm expecting 1, if butters doesn't get up then 2.

Dixon for Marshall,
? for Butters

Hoks by 6 goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Dixon is less mobile the Rat then surely you play Rat up the ground and Dixon in the goal square, lead up forwards into the gaps and a small quick forward on the fat side.

Hawks will play exactly as Geelong did but not as well, press needs to be from the back flank and zoned to guard the switch.

That was pretty bloody brilliant.

He nailed just about everything in an easy, succinct way with video.

I'd follow him if I had Twitter.

And that four minutes is greater than all of the content from the Pear and that other peanut on Youtube combined.

He blamed the coaching which is fair enough but he also said that the players basically know they are on a hiding to nothing because if plan A doesn't work, there is no plan B. The players know this because plan A generally works during the season but not all the time and definitely doesn't work in finals against a good coach who will tear our obvious gameplan asunder which has happened time and time again. After that, it is only a matter of time that the boys drop their head and we get routed.

If we had some decent footy brains on the board, this would have been known as early as 2017 but you know, membership, community proud, human rights, down with the Patriarchy, marketing, etc.

Don't get Twitter - it's a toilet now Musk owns it. Should be wiped from the earth.

No one mentions Dylan Williams being as our half back line is now decimated.
Ivan Soldo? Is he still alive? Surely he would move better than Dixon.
DBJ ever plays in the backline again we should just fold as a club.

Actually soldo is a good substitute for the cooked Dixon. Would offer more as a marking threat and as a 2nd ruck than dix

There is no meeting tomorrow where they're expected to agree to part ways between club and coach. If there was one I would have heard about it by now.
Thanks for clearing that up, I was told by another poster there had been mention of a Monday meeting but maybe I was a little too hopeful kern's future would be the number one topic for discussion on the agenda. :think:

Hawks by 40 odd
Watson should kick a bag
Amon and Impey must be laughing
Reckon it would be a lot closer than that and quite possible even a bigger margin the other way. We’ve been up for a while now, so perhaps a drop is around the corner.

Amon and Impey wouldn’t laugh at your club, they still love it. Much like Chad, and that’s got a lot to do with one of your greatest ever staffers, Pauly Vandenberg.

Kinda hope Chad does a little walk of the boundary on Friday night and gets to say goodbye to everyone. He deserves a bit of love after his last few years of setbacks and never got to say goodbye to either side’s fans.

Personally love watching JHF, so hoping he doesn’t tear us a new one.

- Stop this high press nonsense. Hawks will kick 200 points on us if we play that again. We didn't press that high in the last 6 rounds of H&A, so I have no idea why we went back to that against Cats.

- Hold our defenders back Aliir shouldn't be beaten by Dear and BZT shouldn't be beaten by Gunston in 1v1.

- Put Bergman on Moore, he's crucial in connecting their midfield and forward and has a big tank.

- this is left field and many will disagree but, I'd like to see Rozee at HB, Sinn on the Wing and Boak in the middle. Send McEntee to Mars and bring DBJ back forward. Boak cares and tries and won't shy away from contests especially early on.

- dropping the high press means our mids are actually in the middle of the ground rather than inside 50, which would create space. Have Marshall and Georgiades lead into that space while keeping Esava deep. Bombing it to him is an option but surround him with our smalls so when ball comes to ground it isn't an easy slingshot for Hawks.

Okay thanks for listening. I'm sorry to have wasted your time talking about something that won't happen on Friday.

Who would you play on chol then? Bergman, BZT and alir have to take chol, dear and Gunston. For mine it's Bergman on chol, BZT on dear and alir on Gunston

After the last 6 weeks I was sure we had pulled the high press back and yet no, there it was again. Crowded forward line, easy rebounds down the ground and cheap goals.

The players have to provide a contest, bugger what Ken says, that's simple personal motivation. Burgoyne's effort on Dempsey in the clip was symptomatic, some of the standing around and watching while Dangerfield went like a train at the ball was embarrassing - Rozee, Drew, Butters, looking at you.

Josh Carr should be given full control and Hinkley banned from speaking to any of the players or the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back