Review Cats sink Dockers by 11 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

I swear on the radio I heard clohesy copped a head knock.
You did

I asked K rock Football what happened and Kingy asked Corrigan in the pregame interview

Corrigan said he got tested for HIA and passed but was held out for rest of game.

not sure what that means for next week.

GO Catters

It won't be long before Neale rips a game apart he is so close.

For a big man he has good second and third efforts.
oh i know lol

Go Catters

Yeah Ollie Henry scrapped fine and I also thought that last play was notable by in keeping it alive.

Ultimately all he got wrong in this game was his one wood - clinical set shot goal conversion. He earned himself 3 very gettable shots at goal and missed 2 of them. For that reason he will be disappointed. He had 3 other score involvements that weren't scores of his own, bringing him to 6 in total. When he has these 6-7 score involvement games and is clearly working hard, I don't see why we need to criticise him at this stage in his career.
Totally agree.

I think we are barking up the wrong tree wanting him to be a defensive forward. His go is being a lethal goalkicker and to date in his career he has done that well. But he can’t be missing those chances he did yesterday.

The pleasing aspect of today isn't that it keeps Top 4 alive. A second chance may be needed with so many interstate teams.
But it slams the door shut on missing finals.

Neale I feel is so close to a breakout game with heaps of marks and 4+ goals.
Needs to get better at timing when he leaps up for the ball but hes bringing the ball to ground and making sure a defender is away from Jez, more than doing his job and I hope we keep playing him over the Hollywood story of Tom Hawkins.

Last edited:
Stanley has played better games, but he's never rucked better. His hitouts were decisive all game.
Clear hitouts to advantage he hasnt done that in years, best game of footy he's played in a long time.

Made people calling him cooked look pretty dumb clearly just needed to get his body right, which plenty of people said all season and got constantly abused on here 🤣

Totally agree.

I think we are barking up the wrong tree wanting him to be a defensive forward. His go is being a lethal goalkicker and to date in his career he has done that well. But he can’t be missing those chances he did yesterday.
He is doing very poorly this year at being a lethal goalkicker. 1.4 goals a game is poor if thats all you do. Needs to be above 2.2 a game.

Totally agree.

I don't agree at all, in modern football youve got to be a well rounded footballer, its pretty obvious the defensive side of his game was a weakness but it was common sense to put the work in to improve it, more we lock the ball in the front half the better and it takes a team effort not passengers.

He is doing very poorly this year at being a lethal goalkicker. 1.4 goals a game is poor if thats all you do. Needs to be above 2.2 a game.
Its pretty good numbers when you consider the amount of games hes either been sub or subbed out, people have too higher expectations from a kid who is really being asked to play a nothing role as a 3rd/4th target every week

Its pretty good numbers when you consider the amount of games hes either been sub or subbed out, people have too higher expectations from a kid who is really being asked to play a nothing role as a 3rd/4th target every week
They really arent good numbers even with the sub role when he does nothing else. Literally nothing else. He doesnt tackle. His chasing is poor. He doesnt help get the ball up field. He allows his opponent to intercept in marking contests all day. People really need to pay more attention to this last issue. Its been causing us real problems. Rohan is the solution to it.

Big reason why the Cats weren't unhappy about seeing the back of him.

Joel Selwood tried mentoring him but his petulance and woe me attitude put him offside with the playing group at the time.

With the culture we've developed he was never going to last. At a club that thinks culture is what you find in a tub of yogurt, he'll keep getting games.
This is rubbish. We tried to keep him. Was well liked by the playing group.

Totally agree.

He took a pair for knocks to his legs, one in 3rd and one in 4th, and was quite sore from both when he took his shots. I don't think people wan t him to be a defensive forward but there are some non-negotiables when you're a player his size. I felt he did his role fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pleasing aspect of today isn't that it keeps Top 4 alive. A second chance may be needed with so many interstate teams.
But it slams the door shut on missing finals.

Neale I feel is so close to a breakout game with heaps of marks and 4+ goals.
Neale is improving every week on his contested marking, which was the specific area of his greatest weakness.

Even though it shouldn't have been called a mark, that non-mark where he pulled it out of I think Serong's hands is indicative of a mindset shift for him.

It's taken a little while but he knows his size and strength now to be able influence the marking contest, and it's given him the confidence to crash the pack where before he looked hesitant.

He doesn't need the kick to be speared into his chest. It was always just confidence and he just needed a run of games to find it

Good win and the tenancy to keep creating tho opportunities up forward in the last to get the win

And just a quiet **** you to Jordon I hope that gun celebration makes you cringe on the replay so happy he’s not at the club
Bit of a d***head thing but after seeing his presser where he went on about Tom Hawkins I've forgiven him.

Jeez there's no way we make the 8 without anyone getting 30+

Flag sarcasm

Possession count for the whole game was 396 Freo, 307 us.

They did pissfart around with it a lot, but that's still a remarkable stat for the winning team to get 90 possies less than the losers. The 2022 GF was 397 us, 304 Swans, and we won that game by 81 points.

Stanley has played better games, but he's never rucked better. His hitouts were decisive all game.
I am shocked Rhys won the match up.

Is this the result of genuinely player management or the latest in a long line of Stanley's bullying the top tier rucks and getting dominated by random VFL ring ins?

They did pissfart around with it a lot, but that's still a remarkable stat for the winning team to get 90 possies less than the losers. The 2022 GF was 397 us, 304 Swans, and we won that game by 81 points.

Inside 50s were 50-49 though, which does speak to a lot of pointless possessions in Freo’s back half. Very telling that four of their top five possession winners were defenders.

The Dockers looked much smoother with the ball, our kicking on goal was atrocious, we struggled to stick tackles, and often missed targets.....and yet we won.

Go figure.

The pressure in the last quarter was manic, and with it came the realisation that the boys knew what was on the line and cared.

Danger led the way, and aside from that rushed behind, he moved mountains.

Stanley was real solid, Mannagh was good, Atkins tried hard, and Stewart was Stewart.

This might've created some belief amongst the boys.
I’d say they always had belief - that’s why they were able to execute the way they did and win the game.

Maybe for fans some wins are a delightful surprise- but for the players in our team, they turn up expecting to play well and win.

Yeah a lot of the game Freos disposal was letting us off.

Just when they'd get a dangerous chain going they'd drop an easy kick short and turn it over or lock it up.

I maintain the opinion they will be a very good side in the near future, just young players under pressure taking the right option but missing on execution. You forgive the right decisions with skill errors, you don't forgive the wrong decisions where they nail the kick. Execution for them will get better, and when it does they'll get better fast

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats sink Dockers by 11 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back