Review Cats down Doggies by 4 points to go 4-0

Remove this Banner Ad

Not going back far enough to kick over the man on the mark, accounting for them charging you when “play on” is called, is the most infuriating of traits. Kolo and DK are the worst at it. Blitz used to do it too.

IT IS ZERO COST TO TAKE FIVE MORE PACES BACKWARDS
Yep infuriating, a lack of game awareness and intensity to push back quickly

Just relieved to get the 4 pts after the short break against a pretty good outfit missing our two best mids.

Miers, Stengle, Stanley, Z.Guthrie, Stewart, Kolo and J.Henry all fantastic.
Would say Stewart was a little down. But the standards he plays at that's still better than most in the comp.

Should also be noted that Stanley did compete very well against English and won more H/O but English had more H/O to Adv and at a higher rate.. But that could also be that he had better and more hardened midfielders more capable of winning clearance. And Bont and Libba were on a tear.

How Bont has no brownlow but Mitchell, Neale and Cripps do will continue to baffle.

I'd add Cameron to the list. Inaccurate night in front of goal but they had no match up for him and he took advantage. Led the game for score involvements.

I would call that a very satisfying, professional win! Down our two best mids and with Treloar, Bont and Libba playing at their highest level, it still felt like the game was played on our terms. I think it’s patently obvious that we ran out of puff near the end. So a win is a win is a win!
Our defence did a great job against the Bulldogs marking power.
Home game against Roos next week “should” give us 5-0. We’ll need that kind of start because we have a very challenging few rounds.
Brisbane at the Gabba
Blues, then Dees at the G
Port at home
Then GCS and GWS.
Hectic. Hard to see us winning all of those.
The 4/5-0 start just really helps us with player management early.
Maybe Hawk gets a break next week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't agree with the view some have that Clark was among the good. Below par tonight, as was Atkins.

As for Neale. Big no.
He can start banging the door down in the reserves with repeated dominant performances.
how are we travelling in the reserves? Pretty hard to dominate in a poor team in his position.
Better off giving him a go in the seniors and putting good players around him.

1AF5AABE-E105-4D60-AB8D-9659DC2EB6D3.jpeg
Dal: “You have the reputation of being the best kick Inside Forward 50”
Gryan: ‘Shakes his head’
Dal: “Who do you love kicking the ball to?”
Gryan: “Coincidentally, everyone says Jezza + Hawk. I think I actually kick it to Ollie Henry the most.”
Dal: “Why?”
Gryan: “He’s actually the most athletic one down there.”
😹 😹 😹

I’m not sure we were that great tonight, which is actually almost the most positive aspect of the night.

We had opportunities up forward but struggled to make the most of them. Our defence held strong to get the win but at the same time we lacked the drive out of defence needed to attack the better teams.

To win games with our better players being youngsters is so satisfying though! Feels like it has been a long time coming but to beat a team who are supposedly stacked with young guns is a great effort.

Bullies threw everything at the Cats in Q4
Had momentum, fresher legs and ump's
Tiring Cats willed themselves to compete.
Maintained composure, ran down the clock
Good teams find a way to win

Young Cats players continue to impress.
Mires, Holmes, jumped from Rookie to Elite
Bruhn, Bowes, Zuth reliable and improving.
Clark tough with a sprinkling of class
Dempsey, excitement machine, future star

Light week on the training track.
A few players to be managed.
Final tune-up against the Roos
Cats fast transition game honed
Longer bursts of form every week
Get ready to be tested by Lions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1952314
Dal: “You have the reputation of being the best kick Inside Forward 50”
Gryan: ‘Shakes his head’
Dal: “Who do you love kicking the ball to?”
Gryan: “Coincidentally, everyone says Jezza + Hawk. I think I actually kick it to Ollie Henry the most.”
Dal: “Why?”
Gryan: “He’s actually the most athletic one down there.”
😹 😹 😹
I love watching him in interviews.
Last couple years he's gotten a lot more confident and has shown his personality to the media.

I loved Parfitt's game tonight. There was a huge pressure act by him late on the wing which resulted in a turnover in our favour. Also I thought Stanley played quite well.
I think Ollie Henry needs to stop looking for free kicks and re-enacting Gary Ablett Snr every time he's near it and just focus on being competitive.

Bruhn is improving.

It’s noticeably that he is way faster getting to the outside in stoppage now… also has clean hands.

He still hasn’t gotten close to playing out a full good 4 quarter game.

Played 2 rippers last week and hardly touch it in the other 2.

Tonight he had 17 half way through the third and end up with 18… so he got his hand on the pill 1 time in the last 1.5 quarters.

If he had a decent last quarter we probably would have held on a lot easier.

The good news is that we are winning with him only play half games… I look forward to when he is on for a full 4 quarters.
Classic inconsistency/lack of tank from a 30 odd game midfielder, I'd say. He really didn't develop on the forward flank at GWS. It'll all come together for full games soon enough. But we have to remember he's just shy of his 22nd birthday and his midfield career started in 2023.

I loved Parfitt's game tonight. There was a huge pressure act by him late on the wing which resulted in a turnover in our favour. Also I thought Stanley played quite well.
I think Ollie Henry needs to stop looking for free kicks and re-enacting Gary Ablett Snr every time he's near it and just focus on being competitive.
Didn't think he was bad tonight ?

I’m enjoying the following winless:
13 Pies
14 Tigers
15 Crows
16 Poos+Wees
18 West Coast

🤭 🤭 🤭 🤭 🤭 🤭

Hate to burst your bubble, but didn't the Pies and Tigers win last week?

I love watching him in interviews.
Last couple years he's gotten a lot more confident and has shown his personality to the media.
Geelong are putting a lot into his development. When he was injured he worked with Wells + was sent to games to see potential players.
I think he’s a future captain.
His Mum told me that when he was a kid he’d go around the neighbourhood + collect kids to play footy. He’d organise them into teams according to their positions 😻

Tanner center clearances are starting to become my favourite thing to watch each week.
Love his ability to turn on a dime in the stoppage and he has such a good left foot that it doesn't matter what side he gets the ball on.
Agree but needs to work on 4 quarters rather than fading after 2 excellent ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back