Can The Saints Derail The Hawks???

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to see the Saints win if it had been pretty much any other year, but in the spirit of wanting to actually see a competitive grand final between two victorian teams (Not seen since 1989), I just want to see the Hawks win convincingly, which they will, and go through injury free. Hawks by 6 goals.

From a Hawthorn prespective it is probably a good thing they won back then, as the saints can now be guaranteed a fired up HAWTHORN side ready to make amends for that loss.

We had a couple of hickups along the way however these occurred in games where we generally had little to play for.

Good post mate and sorry for the selective quoting.

But maybe I need to rethink my betting for this week on thae back of those thoughts.

That was how I used to think pre rnd 10 last year. And we always fell over when it mattered.

What has made the cats so different in those 18 months is the desire to smash clubs when 'there is little to play for'

You've worried me. Maybe the club will be fragile under pressure.

You've worried me. Maybe the club will be fragile under pressure.

I am not sure if it is the (in many ways unnatural act of ) having to count your chickens before they hatch so to speak by going into the ballot before your club is in the GF but I find myself keeping a huge lid on things and even under selling the clubs chances.

I think you have a fair point. Things looked fairly rosey last year going into the North semi, and look what happened. I am glad to hear that that game is still very much in there mind as far as not getting ahead of themselves and hopefully this will mean they will play near their best, but finals are do or die and a few mistakes and your history. A player or two playing out of their skin and a game could be won. An injury or two could mean the end of a season!

Can't wait to get the game going to just see what happens.

I get the a funny feeling Ablett2Selwood is worried about the Hawkers. He should worry about the Pussy's winning Friday night

ha ha good one. I think the Saints will beat the Hawks this week. I can feel it in my waters. Has nothing to do with Geelong as they will win the flag no problems:D

Re: St Kilda

St Kilda should win comfortably. Hawthorn barely ran over an injury riddled Melbourne team earlier in the year...13 points if my memory serves me correctly and the D's led for most of the game. That is not a performance of a team that is worthy of playing in a GF.

Your a twit,and the Saints got beaten by West Coast,so does that also mean they are not worthy.

Personally, i am glad that the fact that Crawf maybe in his last year has gone under the radar. It's allowed us to focus on the game, and not all this "do it for Crawf", or "Let's get Crawf into a Grand Final" BS. Even if the Saints do get over the Hawks this week, Harvey's Grand Final experience will be blown apart when Geelong would win by 15 goals.

Crawf under the radar?

Are you mental?

We copped a 45 min "infomercial" on the FS for his 300th (in amongst the weird sort of man love him and Newman have going...) and hes pulling his pants down weekly (saves Harvs doing it again on field I spose..) to convince us all hes a dancer that once played a good season?

Off the "Buddy juice" please.....

Crawf under the radar?

Are you mental?

We copped a 45 min "infomercial" on the FS for his 300th (in amongst the weird sort of man love him and Newman have going...) and hes pulling his pants down weekly (saves Harvs doing it again on field I spose..) to convince us all hes a dancer that once played a good season?

Off the "Buddy juice" please.....

Go win a premiership in 50 years then get back to posting. Clown.

Lots of emotion in this forum, which you can expect with such a great final on the cards this Sat night. Unfortunately some people like to stir the pot,, a lot.

Regarding Shane Crawford, I am expecting a man playing in his 15th season with a brownlow and a decorated career to be a factor with his experience. You can't seriously think Crawf only had one good year!

Looking forward to a great game, here's hoping our young side, will come to play and put on another exciting display of footy.

Go Hawks

whoa nelly!!! Slow down everybody.

Lets keep things in perspective PLEASE!!!

Hawthorn are easily the 2nd best team in the comp. Too much run for the saints. Franklin, Roughead and williams TOO much for the saints.

Hawthorn comfortably by 55 points.

Saints have done well for harvs and all in all, have made him proud but we are relying on 7 players that at the start of the year OR only just 6 weeks ago were VFL players.

R.Clarke, S.Gilbert, A.McQualter, J.Gwilt, C.Jones, R.Eddy and D.Armitage.

These players have made enormous steps and are to be congratulated and will win a flag in 2011 BUT to think that we could get into a grand final in 2008 with these underdone players is PIPEDREAMING.

Go saints nonetheless and well done on fighting for harvs.

Same goes for the dogs GET REAL!!!

Haw/Gee MULTI = 1.44 - Put 10,000 on it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Saints have a good record against The Hawks in recent years with a comprehensive shellacking during this years H&A season. Although the game against the Pies wasn't exactly top notch footy maybe the Sainters can pull off an upset. The Saints seem to be coming into some good form. Kozi will be a big loss if he suspended this week but the big bodied Saints players might just have enough to match their more fancied rivals. Reiwoldt will need to fire again to counteract the Buddy Show. Should be an interesting match

Saints by 10 points

thoughts?

Saints have the wood over Hawthorn

Hawthorn were awesome in there win over the Bulldogs, while the Saints have been in great form late in the season all but the hickup against Geelong. Hawthorn's form can run hot and cold,,,,,,,,, time will tell.
Kozzie is free to play, while Bateman has rolled his ankle but still should be right..and hawks should nearly have a full list to select from with no other injury concerns, Croad is ready as are the other casualties from the bulldogs game.

In round 16 Hawthorn were distracted by the fact they had Geelong next week, lets hope this week they learn not to look too far ahead.

Head to head: Hawthorn 73, St Kilda 70, Drawn 1
Most recent match: St Kilda 18.11 (119) bt Hawthorn 13.11 (89), R16 2008 Telstra Dome
Head-to-head in finals: Hawthorn 2, St Kilda 0
Most recent final: Hawthorn 12.10 (82) bt St Kilda 11.9 (75), 1971 grand final, MCG.

This year
Saints 14 Wins, 10 Losses
Hawks 18 Wins, 5 Losses

Can't wait for Sat night!

You are the same guy who told someone to "check their facts before making moronic statements" after he said we had beaten Hawthorn nearly every time in the last few years. Well it's been six out of seven in the last six years. Too bad we don't play you more often.

You want a positive contribution.

You can argue all you like that Mitchell is class or that Hawthorn is better than St.Kilda, but the game will be played on Saturday night and your "arguments" will not contribute anything to either side even if you do eventually say something that makes sense.

Did you hear the Hawk fans cheering all the way in Switzerland??

So wish you could have been there for the total hiding the piss poor Saints got.

By the way you can make it 6 out of 8 now.

I agree it's too bad we don't get to play you more often as out of the last 144 the Hawks have won 74.

Did that schlacking make alot of sense?

The mistake you're making is assuming that I believe we have classy midfielders. We don't, Geelong blows us away with class in the middle, Hawthorn will not.

My words were "if we're any chance of beating the Hawks" no guarantees no statements. Your forward line should beat our backline, ours should beat yours, if we're any chance of winning we can beat your midfield because they are not going to out class us. Sam Mitchell is a solid 3 meat & veg type player, no way does that infer Lenny Hayes is cordon bleu.

Oh Falchoon where are you now?

Please let me know again how the Hawks don't have a classy midfield.

Does those words your eating taste nice?

Did you hear the Hawk fans cheering all the way in Switzerland??

So wish you could have been there for the total hiding the piss poor Saints got.

By the way you can make it 6 out of 8 now.

I agree it's too bad we don't get to play you more often as out of the last 144 the Hawks have won 74.

Did that schlacking make alot of sense?

Hawks fans were saving their cheers for BUUUUDDDDDYYYYYY! So I guess I heard them about once a quarter.

Congratulations, Hawthorn have been the second best team throughout the year and deserve to be in a Grand Final.

I'm sure they won it on the back of your brilliant arguments.

"Schlacking"? I'll look it up in the dictionary. But at the moment it doesn't make "alot" of sense.

Hawks fans were saving their cheers for BUUUUDDDDDYYYYYY! So I guess I heard them about once a quarter.

Congratulations, Hawthorn have been the second best team throughout the year and deserve to be in a Grand Final.

I'm sure they won it on the back of your brilliant arguments.

"Schlacking"? I'll look it up in the dictionary. But at the moment it doesn't make "alot" of sense.

No the Hawks fans saved there cheers for:

Williams 5, Roughead 4, Rioli 2, Young 2, Bateman, Brown, Crawford, Franklin, Osborne

Yes i agree my brilliant arguments were the corner stone of such a superb win.

Everyone was keen to throw around the '6 out of the last 7' stat earlier in the week.
Thought I'd throw this one in, if it hasn't been done already:
Finals performance head to head:
Hawthorn 3 - St Kilda 0

If we're any chance of beating the Hawks it's in the midfield, probably the one area where the Hawks have no real class, they do have a deep rotation though which might trouble us towards the end of quarters, their 2 ruckmen are also 2 that can't really expose King either.

I can see it there. I know you wrote it. I just refuse to believe you really know that little about footy.

Next time, use smileys or emoticons :)D;):p) when you are making a joke. :thumbsu:

if we're any chance of winning we can beat your midfield because they are not going to out class us. Sam Mitchell is a solid 3 meat & veg type player, no way does that infer Lenny Hayes is cordon bleu.

:eek::eek: Mitchell - class.

Saints midfield - outclassed.

Sorry Falchoon - couldn't resist. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Can The Saints Derail The Hawks???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back