Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

All reasonable logic suggests Rayner is a middling talent that occasionally gets in a highlights package. Totals or averages he is totally average.
Mate keep up, this thread has been so far derailed its now about Fritsch versus every other Brisbane forward that has ever existed. Give it a few more pages and it'll probably be Dusty vs Sheezle who is the GOAT

Mate keep up, this thread has been so far derailed its now about Fritsch versus every other Brisbane forward that has ever existed. Give it a few more pages and it'll probably be Dusty vs Sheezle who is the GOAT
Agreed. I think even Brisbane fans have conceded now that Rayner is just an average afl player. So we've all moved on. Hopefully next season people have the courage to predict his season average when prompted.

Nope

Must be cricket season because you are shifting those goalposts like crazy
Incorrect. Bayley Fritsch averages more goals than any other Brisbane fwd over the last 4 years. That's gotta hurt. Not to mention knowing that if you selected Fritsch with pick 1 you would've won last years flag. It's okay, get some gel and gel up your hair tonight like Fritta for the big game :)

He has kicked more goals. More goals per game.
I fully predict Brisbane to win by about 70 points. And just wait for all the new Brisbane fans to start posting, because of their new found confidence post-win :)
70 points!

Gotta sack everyone if that happens. The club is cooked, dump a trailer of chicken shit at the front door and microwave memberships

During the Leppa years I would never think Brisbane were going to lose by 70 points against a side outside the top 8.

Danny are Melbourne really a bottom 2-3 list except when Trac and Oliver are healthy, fit and firing.

Once again it is a no lose situation for you tho. 70 points.
Melb lose by 8 goals and its a W for you
Melb lose by 100 and you weren't harsh enough in your crazy prediction

70 points!

Gotta sack everyone if that happens. The club is cooked, dump a trailer of chicken shit at the front door and microwave memberships

During the Leppa years I would never think Brisbane were going to lose by 70 points against a side outside the top 8.

Danny are Melbourne really a bottom 2-3 list except when Trac and Oliver are healthy, fit and firing.

Once again it is a no lose situation for you tho. 70 points.
Melb lose by 8 goals and its a W for you
Melb lose by 100 and you weren't harsh enough in your crazy prediction
You're right in that it is a no lose situation for us. But it's also a no gain situation. As the season is cooked regardless. If we win, I don't really care as we're not going to fire a shot in the finals anyway (should we make it after an unlikely win). I just wanted to see some kids play which is why it's annoying that they dropped Kynan Brown.

We already got pumped by wce and freo by 92. Then almost lost to North. Our list is much better than bottom 4 but we are a bottom 4 team on current form. No doubt. Maybe even bottom 3. The way that we set up our defensive zone after our behinds is disgraceful. I expect Zorko and Wilmot to have 20-25 marks between them.

Petty's demise has killed us, Oliver's fall from grace has killed us. Losing Brayshaw didn't help. And opting not to get a key forward in the trade period.

Melbourne losing by 8 goals isn't a win for me. I'll never celebrate losing by 50. The other much publicised gripe is that we're usually highly inaccurate so even if we play some good 10-20 minute patches that will only be rewarded with a 1.4 or 1.5.

Incorrect. Bayley Fritsch averages more goals than any other Brisbane fwd over the last 4 years. That's gotta hurt. Not to mention knowing that if you selected Fritsch with pick 1 you would've won last years flag. It's okay, get some gel and gel up your hair tonight like Fritta for the big game :)
Actually not bothered by that at all. One of the best things about the Brisbane forward line over the last 4 years is how well its spread across multiple players. Having all of Daniher, Cameron, Hipwood, McCarthy, Rayner, Bailey, etc put up multiple years of 20-60 goals has been amazing to watch. Over reliance on one guy like Fritsch or say Curnow at Carlton has led to the downfall of multiple teams.

Also why Im so happy seeing the rise of Lohman and Morris this year. Having new guys come in and continue to contribute with a great spread is fantastic for the ongoing success of the club

Actually not bothered by that at all. One of the best things about the Brisbane forward line over the last 4 years is how well its spread across multiple players. Having all of Daniher, Cameron, Hipwood, McCarthy, Rayner, Bailey, etc put up multiple years of 20-60 goals has been amazing to watch. Over reliance on one guy like Fritsch or say Curnow at Carlton has led to the downfall of multiple teams.

Also why Im so happy seeing the rise of Lohman and Morris this year. Having new guys come in and continue to contribute with a great spread is fantastic for the ongoing success of the club
I don't disagree at all. Brisbane's forward line is one of the best in the league. I think some people think that I hate Brisbane. I don't. I just don't rate Rayner as anything more than a fringe player and when you listed him, he should be well after Bailey and McCarthy. Logan Morris and lohman are better.

I don't disagree at all. Brisbane's forward line is one of the best in the league. I think some people think that I hate Brisbane. I don't. I just don't rate Rayner as anything more than a fringe player and when you listed him, he should be well after Bailey and McCarthy. Logan Morris and lohman are better.
I did order them roughly by the number of goals they have kicked over the last few years - although off the top of my head so totals or averages alone could shift them around a bit. Once getting to Bailey I wondered if I should throw in the goal kicking mids like McCluggage but thought that was enough.

Although if you want one of my main criticisms of the multi prong forward line, is that too many are there for the glory. Too many (including Rayner) always want to fly for the speccy or kick the goals. Not enough workhorses doing the defensive work. McCarthy and now Ah Chee and Lohman are some of the few who want to put the hard work without all the acclaim. I couldnt care less if some of them lowered their goal tally and upped their tackle and pressure numbers as I think that would lead to more success than worrying about goals or disposal averages

I did order them roughly by the number of goals they have kicked over the last few years - although off the top of my head so totals or averages alone could shift them around a bit. Once getting to Bailey I wondered if I should throw in the goal kicking mids like McCluggage but thought that was enough.

Although if you want one of my main criticisms of the multi prong forward line, is that too many are there for the glory. Too many (including Rayner) always want to fly for the speccy or kick the goals. Not enough workhorses doing the defensive work. McCarthy and now Ah Chee and Lohman are some of the few who want to put the hard work without all the acclaim. I couldnt care less if some of them lowered their goal tally and upped their tackle and pressure numbers as I think that would lead to more success than worrying about goals or disposal averages
That's similar to my criticism of Kozzie. Runs past the pack at 100 miles and an hour instead of doing the basics well and being front and centre. Sometimes I wished he was more of a Luke Breust type. Someone that doesn't complicate things.
Although his defensive pressure is always really good.

I think you guys are playing good footy. I think think you've left your run too late as I think teams really need to be top 4 to give themselves a realistic chance.

That's similar to my criticism of Kozzie. Runs past the pack at 100 miles and an hour instead of doing the basics well and being front and centre. Sometimes I wished he was more of a Luke Breust type. Someone that doesn't complicate things.
Although his defensive pressure is always really good.

I think you guys are playing good footy. I think think you've left your run too late as I think teams really need to be top 4 to give themselves a realistic chance.
Double chance is always good but honestly some years I reckon 5th is better than 4th. 4th against a tough top team can be brutal and you run the risk of straight sets. 5th let's you go against a team that barely made finals and then free hits against first week losers.

Still lot to see if we have a genuine chance this year or just use it as a reload next year once Ashcroft and Coleman are back fit with new guys blooded this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first generation had Smokin Joe Frazer vs Muhammad Ali, the second generation had Mike Tyson vs Evander Holyfield and our generation has finally found a true battle of titans that can measure up

Bayley Fritsch vs Cam Rayner

I do feel for Dan, the umpires were quite miserable tonight for the Dees.

I still like you Dan, I hope we can all be friends one day and come to an agreement that Rayner is pretty good at football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back